Betrayal

One of the other doctors from the ark came and looked at all of my wounds. He placed a bandage on my forehead, one across my chest, and one on each of my arms. I thanked him, and spotted Octavia across the ruined city. Walking over to her, she smiled at me.

"I'm glad you're okay." She said. I had now just gotten a good look at her gear. She was in grounder uniform.

"I like your new look." She nodded.

"I'm Indra's second." I nodded.

"Glad to see you're fitting in." She laughed.

"Not really, everyone hates me." I shook my head.

"They use to hate me, and now I'm general. Don't worry, you have me as a friend." She smiled.

"Thank you Kacie." I nodded.

"Don't mention it." I said, turning away from her. Looking above a hill, I saw Lexa and Clarke. They walked down into the city, and I ran to them. I wrapped my arms around Lexa's neck, holding her close to me. She pressed her body as tight against me as she could.

"You're alive. When you ran off I thought I'd never see you again." She said. I smiled into her neck.

"You needed to get Clarke out of her, she's not replaceable." I whispered to her.

"Neither are you." She said, looking into my eyes. We pulled away from each other, seeing Clarke talking to her mom. Octavia was looking at us weird, and I had a bad feeling. She knew we knew. Lexa caught my gaze, looking over at Octavia. She didn't look happy. The sun was starting to set, so I pulled Lexa of tear her tent.

"She knows!" She snapped, once we got inside her tent.

"You don't know that." I said, sitting down on a charred chair.

"She knows Kacie, you know it too." I sighed.

"So she does." I said.

"She will tell people, and then this alliance will fall and we will never get our people back!" She snapped.

"Calm down Lexa, we'll figure this out." I told her.

"I already have." She yelled for one of our warriors, who stepped inside the tent.

"Commander." He said.

"The one they call Octavia, you know of her?" She asked and he nodded. "Kill her." He nodded, stepping out of the tent.

"Lexa-" I said, but she stormed out of the tent. Walking over to Octavia, she nodded at her.

"Why don't you go relive the east watch, prove to me you can protect us." Octavia nodded, and walked off. The man nodded, and fallowed Octavia. Turning my a attention to Lexa, she smirked at me.

"You can't just kill everyone who you don't like, Lexa!" I snapped at her.

"Watch me." She walked off.

"Oh bitch you did not just do that." I mumbled, walking after her. Seeing Clarke head off into the jungle, I sighed. She was going after Octavia. So do I fallow her and make sure she doesn't die, or do I fallow Lexa and bitch her out? I decided to fallow Clarke.

*************

I ended up across from Clarke in the jungle, far enough away that she couldn't see me, but close enough that I could see her. She pulled out a gun, and I smiled. Seeing Octavia ahead of me, the warrior was fallowing her on the other side of the path. He had his bow out.

"You can't hide!" He yelled, as Octavia started running. Clarke headed for the warrior, as I ran towards Octavia. Seeing her stumbling over some rocks, I saw the warrior closing in on her. He fired an arrow, with stuck the tree neck to her. I jumped out at her, tackling her behind some large rocks. Covering her mouth, I motioned for her to be quiet. Hearing the click back of a gun, I heard Clarke's voice.

"Not happening. Drop your weapon." She said, and I smiled. Hearing the warrior fuse, I looked to see Clarke dragging him away. Pulling Octavia to her feet, she hunched over.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yah, you just really hit me." She said,her face scrunching up.

"Well it was either this or an arrow to your face. I figured this worked better for you." She nodded, standing up.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Yah." I said, leading her back to camp. When I got there, Clarke was screaming at Lexa with her gun to the mans head.

"He tried to kill Octavia!" She yelled.

"He will pay for his decision." Lexa said, pulling Clarke into her tent. I waited outside, not wanting to intrude.

"You can't just kill who ever disagrees with you Lexa." Clarke said, and I laughed. Sounded a lot like what I had said to her.

"If she would have spoken a single word about us knowing, this alliance would be ruined." Lexa said.

"I talked to her, she promised me she wouldn't tell. Do you not trust me?" Clarke asked.

"I do trust you." I heard Clarke sigh.

"You say love is weakness, but you're weak for not showing emotions." Clarke snapped.

"I do what I have to to survive." Lexa said.

"Maybe life should be more about just surviving." Clarke said, and then things got really quiet. Like way too quiet. I peeked my head in the tent, and almost threw up. Lexa and Clarke were kissing. I pulled my head back out, and started walking away from the tent. So many things ran through my head, and I didn't know what to think. Starting to run, I ran through the jungle. Not caring where I was going or what happened to me, I ran as fast as I could.

Bracing myself against a tree, I screamed. I screamed so loud I was sure this whole damn planet could hear me. Feeling my head grow dizzy, I continued to walk. Hearing snaps behind me, I ran. Running faster and faster, I tripped over something. Falling to my knees, I looked behind me to see reapers. Standing up, I ran faster and faster. Pulling out my knives, I just wanted to stop. I wanted to stop,and let them kill me, that's how I felt right now. I felt like my heart had been torn from my chest, and she held it. Playing games with it and toying with me. As I continued to run, I saw more people ahead of me. I realized they were mountain men. One of them pulled out a small device, as it resonated a high pitched sound. The reapers behind me stopped, falling to there knees. I charged at the mountain men, just wanting to tear something apart. Slicing my knife across one of their necks. I felt something prick into my neck, pulling out a small dart. Looking at the mountain men in front of me, I fell to my knees. Everything grew dizzy, and my visions became blurry. I sneered my teeth at the mountain men, trying to get back to my feet. One of them kicked me down to the ground. Their gun came across my head, and everything became dark.

I felt ruined on the inside. What was she thinking? I loved her, she was the only thing I ever cared about. She was my life, she was what kept my heart beating. How could she do this? Maybe everything that happened between us was a lie, maybe she just used me.

She betrayed me, and now I was lost without her.