Phoenix

-Kacie's POV-

Seeing my legions head off into the woods, I sighed out. Feeling a pain in my side, I went to head back into the alpha station. As I turned around, I saw a familiar face. A face that I had loved since the day I was born, a face that only brought me happiness. Walking over toward them, I needed to make sure it was her. Turning her shoulder around, I came face to face with a women with dark brown hair and green eyes. I felt myself gasp, and look at her even closer.

"Mom?" I whispered. She looked at me closer, then started to cry.

"Kacie?" She asked, bringing her hands to my face. I nodded, feeling tears run down my own cheeks. She grazed her fingers over my scar and my tattoos.

"Mom you okay." I said, resting my head on her shoulder. She pulled me into a hug, holding me so close to her.

"Thanks to you, I'm okay." She whispered in my ear. Pulling away to look at her, she smiled at me through her tears.

"I thought you were dead." I said to her, crying harder. She just shook her head, and kissed my forehead.

"Kacie?" I heard someone call out from behind me. Turning, I saw Clarke. I hung my head, still holding onto my mom.

"Yah?" I asked her.

"You need to get back in medical." She told me, and my mom looked at me worried.

"Medical?" She asked.

"I'm okay." I said to her, giving her one last hug. Pulling away from her, I let Clarke lead me back to the alpha station. Thinking about my mom, I snapped into my thoughts.

As I walked towards medical, I noticed three kids behind me. Shaking off the feeling, I walked inside. Seeing Doctor Griffin, I smiled at her. Trying not to show my worry, I walked over to her.

"Kacie, what can I help you with?" She asks.

"It's my mom. Her cancers is getting worse, she can't wait any longer." Abby nodded. Walking over to some cupboards, she pulled out a tube of liquid.

"Have her drink this, it will help." I nodded.

"Thank you." She smiled at me, as I left medical. Pulling my loose shirt up over my shoulder, not many clothes fit me due to how skinny I was. We didn't get a lot of food, and when we did it went to my mom. I did whatever I could to make her feel better. Seeing those three kids again, I walked a little faster.

"Hey Genov!" A kid called out. As I tried to walk faster, I felt a pair of hands hold me back.

"Not so fast." The girl said.

"We see you have some medicine. That could fetch us a nice price over the market." A guy said, pausing to look at his friends. "Give it to us." He said, and I shook my head.

"My mom will die without it." I said.

"Looks like mommy isn't going to make it then." The first guy said. One of them pushed me up against the wall, and the others searched my pockets. They sighed out in frustration.

"Where is it Genov?" One of them asked. He looked at my chest, and noticed my loose hanging shirt. Reaching down, he felt something in between my breasts. Pulling it out, it was a knife.

"Little G wanna protect herself?" The girl asked. The first guy held it up towards his neck, and I took my shot. Ramming the knife into his neck, the other two kids stared wide eyed at me.

"You're so dead!" They yelled. Pulling the knife from the dead kids neck, I sprinted down the hall. Leading them into a closet, they slammed the door closed behind them.