Wars And Breaking Promises

-Kacie's POV-

Clashing my daggers with a warriors sword, I threw him to the ground. Pointing my daggers at his throat, I smirked at him. Extended him my hand, he took it. Lifting him up, I looked back at the rest of my clan.

"Anyone else?!" I yelled. They all cheered, but no one stepped up.

"Heda!" They all yelled, and I laughed. Slinging my daggers through my belt, I turned to face Hunter.

"Heda, can I speak to you?" He asked me.

"Yes, of course." I lead him into my tent atop the hill, and then his face grew worried. "Hunter, what is troubling you?" I asked him.

"The others have breached our territory, they're coming Heda." He said, and my jaw tensed.

"Bring me Lexa." I told him, and he nodded. He left, and Lexa soon entered my tent.

"Kacie?" She questioned.

"I need you to take my first legion to the front border, anything that isn't us or a sky person," I paused, looking her deep in the eyes. "Kill it." She nodded.

"What are we up against?" She asked.

"This time, I don't know." She sighed, then left my tent. Grabbing me gear, I pulled it on. Leaving my tent, the rest of my legions were waiting for me. Seeing Lexa leave with the first legion, I whispered to myself. "Be safe."

"Heda, what do we do?" Hunter asked me.

"We fight." I told him. Turning back to my army, I shouted at the top of my lungs. "It's been a week since those things came after us, after me!" I yelled. "This time we fight back, and when we do, we win!" They cheered back. "This is our home, and we will not let anyone take it from us!" I screamed, and they hollered back. "Kom wor!" To war, I yelled. I left Hunter and two legions back to guard the camp, another one was set up farther into the woods. Two more were toward the beginning of the woods, and I joined Lexa and my first legion at the woods boundary.

Lexa stood behind me, as I pulled out my daggers. I saw the others ahead of us, and there were a lot of them. Seeing Lexa grow worried, I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"They go down easy." I told her. "Don't worry, it will be no trouble for you." She nodded.

"Okay." She whispered.

"Archers, to the trees!" I yelled, seeing my archers climb up into the trees. "First line, step up!" I yelled again, as the first line of my warriors stepped up. Seeing an other step forward, I walked in front of my first line.

"We want something from you, Heda!" The other yelled.

"And what do I have that you want?!" I yelled back.

"The one they call Clarke." My jaw tensed and my shoulders tightened.

"Then you'll have to pry her from my cold, dead fingers." I snapped, and the other smiled.

"That can be arranged." The others all screamed, and charged at us. Gripping my daggers, I grabbed an other that tried to run past me. Slitting their throat, me and my people dove into a fight with the others. I fight, I expected to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of fighting the others, we finally drove them back. I sent my legions back to camp, trying to get them to calm down. Really the one who should be trying to calm down is me.

"Why do you want her?!" I screamed at the other tied up in front of me. It laughed, then I punched it across the face. Spitting blood on the floor, I held my head. Lexa stood in the back of the room we were in, and she sighed.

"You are hurt, maybe you should see a healer." She said, and I shook my head. Feeling the blood drip from my head and my side, I kicked over a chair. Turning back to the other, I grabbed them by the back of its head.

"If you do not talk to me, I will bash your head into this wall." I snapped, and it only laughed. Slamming its head into the wall, I forced him to look at me. "You will stay here and suffer until you speak to me." Letting it go, it slackened against the wall. Walking up the stairs, I leaned in the doorway.

"Kacie, are you okay?" I heard Lexa ask, as she placed her hand on my side. Wincing, I pulled away from her.

"Don't touch it." I said, and she only came closer to me.

"Please, let me take you to a healer." She said softly, leaning into me from behind.

"Fine." I mumbled, and she dragged me behind her. Leading me into a healing tent, she sat me down on a table.

"Come on, take your gear off." She said, u clipping the front of me gear. Sighing, I started to pull it off. Lexa pulled my shirt off, and the healer moaned. He grabbed a jar of salve, walking back over to me.

"Heda, it is a deep cut." The healer said to me, rubbing the salve on my side. I clenched my jaw, holding onto the table edge. A stinging pain took over my body, and I gasped. Lexa sat down next to me, taking my hand. Once he was done, he grabbed a needle and thread. I leaned into Lexa, and he started sticking me up. Once he finished, he placed gauze around my side, and taped down the edges.

"Thank you Remus." I said, and he nodded. Lexa helped me off the table, and I didn't even bother to put my shirt back on. Remus had also bandaged up my forehead, and I finally left. Me and Lexa made our way out into the main circle of the camp, seeing warriors fighting.

"We just finished a battle and they're still fighting." Lexa said.

"A lot has changed since you've been gone. This is only your third day back Lexa, I've been here for three months since you've been gone."

"I left because you told me to."

"I let you leave so you could be with her!" I snapped.

"I didn't want to be with her!" She snapped back, and I sighed.

"I don't want to fight with you. Just drop it." I said, walking up to my tent. Hearing her fallow me, I sighed. Tossing my gear on the floor, I sat on my bed. She walked over to me, sitting beside me.

"Mihi kom ai." Talk to me, she whispered.

"Ai nou sicut loquentes." I do not feel like talking. She sighed.

"Please?" She whispered to me.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked, laying back on my bed.

"I don't know, maybe the fact that the others want our friend and we don't know why. Maybe that she's in trouble and we don't know how to held her." She said, and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I made her a promise that I'd keep her safe, and now I don't know how." Lexa laid down beside me, her head on my chest.

"We'll figure it out, we always do." I sighed, kissing her forehead.

"I know, this time I'm just worried." She looked up at me.

"About what?" She asked.

"That this time I won't be able to keep my promise."