Beautiful Monster

-Spencer's POV-

Standing inside the electric fence, it buzzing with life, I sighed. Running my fingers over the metal that ran along the side of my neck and jaw, it was cold. The others had broken two of my vertebrae in my neck, and I couldn't walk for two weeks. It's been five months since that day in the cave, five months since I last saw her.

I haven't returned to my people yet, and I won't unless she's with me. I've been living with the sky people, and Lexa. They have been more then kind to me, they've been compassionate. The only reason they're so kind to me is because they think she's dead, everyone thinks she's dead. Everyone besides me.

"Spencer." I heard Clarke whisper.

"Hmm?" I questioned, not turning to face her.

"I want you to come to medical." She said, and I nodded.

"I'll be right there." I mumbled, hearing her walk away. Taking a deep breath, I felt the wind pull at the hair in my braid. Turning around, I walked towards the ark. Entering the medical ward, Clarke and her mother looked at me. "What's up?" I asked, sitting down on a table.

"We wanted to look at your neck. You still have sever bruising around the healed bone." I nodded. The metal ran along the left side of my jaw, and down the back side of my neck. Clarke came over, running her fingers along the bruises.

"Have you heard back from Lexa?" I asked, as she put pressure on my neck.

"No, she's still searching." She said.

"When will you let me leave and go help her?" I asked, and she just shook her head.

"I don't want you leaving this camp. Your injuries are all healed, but your emotions are not in tack." Clarke said, turning away from me.

"Then you can't keep me here, I can go whenever I want." I said, standing up from the table.

"Spencer, don't do this." Clarke said, her mother nodding in agreement.

"It's already decided. Winter is gone in this part of the woods, and that means nothing can stop me from finding her. I'm going, and I'm not coming back without her." I say, leaving the ark. Heading into the tent they set up for me, I grab my sword and two knives. Grabbing my white vest, I pull it on over a torn t-shirt. My grey marks ran down my arms, my pale skin a little tanner. Grabbing my mask, I pulled it over my head, and up and over my nose. Walking out of my tent, I heard someone fallow me. Turning around, Clarke stood before me. She had a pack slung over her shoulders, a knife through her belt loop.

"No." I said, continuing to walk.

"Too late, it's already been decided." She said, mimicking my words. I smiled under my mask.

"Fine sky girl, let's go find her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We trekked off into the woods, heading for where Kacie was taken from. Heading back to that cave. Clarke had gotten faster, stronger. She kept up with me, and I was grateful. After awhile, we stopped for a break. Kneeling down beside a stream, I drank some water. Clarke filled up her canteen, then washed her face. I removed my vest, tucking it into my bag. Keeping my mask around my neck, I redid my braid. Clarke looked over at me, and I quirked my eyebrow at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think we'll find her?" She asked me, sitting back against a tree.

"Yah, I do." I said. "Because if we don't, I will never forgive myself." I mumbled, and Clarke sighed.

"It's not your fault. She was pulled into this crazy life she lives. Has she told you about what happened to her, on the ark?" She asked.

"No." I mumbled.