For Yourself, For Me, For Her

-Kacie's POV-

I woke up in the middle of the night, clenching my fists and hanging my head. Lexa's legs were intertwined with mine, and her hand fell off of my chest as I sat up. Climbing out of the bed, my long legs hit the floor. I was only wearing my shirt, and my tan skin shined as the moonlight hit it. Sighing, I stepped out of my tent. Looking up at the sky, I took a deep breath. Running my hands over my face, I sighed. My hair was hanging over my shoulders, reaching the middle of my back. I realized how normal I looked, besides the black ink running across my body and the scars covering my skin. Feeling the cold air nip at my skin, I felt my muscles tense. The others were gone for now, but Clarke still wasn't safe. Tip toeing back into my tent, I grabbed some pants and a light gear vest. Pulling my clothes on, I grabbed my daggers. I needed to relieve some stress, and the only way I knew how to do that was by working out.

When I was on the ark, stuck in that cell, I did crunches and push ups just to stop myself from punching whatever came through the door. My muscles grew and my body enhanced itself. I soon had large muscles on my arms, a toned stomach, and a slim figure. Guards were surprised by what I had turned into, but they always smiled.

I walked out into the woods, finding my normal spot. I had found it the first month after becoming Heda, and it's were I came most nights. Pulling my vest off, I tugged off my shirt. Only in my sport type bra, I felt my stomach clench as I jumped up grabbing the tree branch above me. Starting to do pull ups, I felt my muscles tense. Doing fifty reps, I pulled myself all the way up. Placing my legs around the branch, I started doing sit ups. Placing my hands on my head, I felt the sweat run down my bare skin. My daggers were still tightly strapped to my side. Hearing a snap, I lifted myself up. Holding myself there, I saw Lexa walk towards me.

"Hey." She said, and I continued to do sit ups.

"Hey." I said, puffing out air.

"So do you always come out here when you're pissed?" She asked me.

"No." I mumbled. She shot me a glare. "Yes." I mumbled again.

"Kacie, what's up?" She asked, walking up under me.

"I don't know if she's safe, and I'm worried." I said, doing another sit up. She walked on the other side of me, so when I came down we were face to face.

"I know you worry about her, and so do I. But first thing tomorrow morning, we'll go get her." She said, and when I came down, she smiled at me. Giving her a peck on the lips, I smiled back at her.

"Why did I leave her with them?" I asked, doing another sit up.

"You didn't leave her with them, she stayed. She stayed because she was scared, and she didn't want to leave her mother." Lexa said, as I held myself above the tree.

"I left mine." I said, coming back down. Lexa sighed, grabbing my face. She made me look at her, brushing the sweat away from my eyes.

"Talk to me Kacie, don't shut me out." She whispered.

"What do you want me to talk about?" I snapped, pulling away from her. Continuing to do sit ups, Lexa huffed.

"Maybe talk to me about why your out here doing sit ups off a tree instead of being at camp, sleeping with me? Maybe about what happened at the camp with your mom? Or maybe why you won't talk to me about anything?" The last one she yelled at me, anger covering her face.

"I don't talk about my problems, I fight and work my stress away." I said, doing another rep.

"Not anymore. I've changed, and you know you've changed." She said, and I looked at her. Seeing her upside down, I sighed.