Kiss Or Kill

-Kacie's POV-

The snow storm had started to die down, but it was still ragging. Me and Spencer got ready, as I pulled my mask up over my nose. Feeling the fur stick out from under my hood, I tried to warm my ears. We packed up the fur blankets, and then headed off. The snow hit our skin, sticking into my hair. Spencer grabbed my hand, pulling me after her. The snow had gotten thicker, heavier. We marched through the snow, only hoping we were heading the right way.

After an hour of trekking through the snow, we found a camp, but not ours. It was an others camp. It was also abandoned. The snow had died down, and small fires burned inside buildings.

"What happened here?" I asked, walking through the camp.

"They all died. The winter was to harsh for them." She said, kicking over a small wall.

"Is there anything we can take?" I asked.

"No, nothing." She whispered.

"Let's get going then." I said, and she fallowed me. We walked down a hill, and then down one more.

"No." Spencer whispered. Looking down the hill we were standing on, our camp laid before us. Fire burned and bodies laid dead, blood stained the snow.

"Oh my god." I whispered. Everyone was dead. Our warriors, healers, children. Spencer walked down the hill, and I fallowed. She stopped in the middle of our camp, and fell to her knees.

"They're all dead." She whispered. I kneeled down beside her, seeing tears stream down her cheeks.

"Spencer." I said, and she fell into my shoulder. Wrapping my arms around her, she nuzzled her head into my chest. Holding her close to me, I lifted my head to the sky. Everyone was dead, everyone. Holding Spencer as close to me as I could, I kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry." I whispered to her. Spencer wrapped her arms around my waist, crying into me.

"Those things killed them all." She said, hanging her head. We sat in silence for awhile, and I didn't want to say anything. She had stopped crying, but still sat in my arms. Taking a deep breath, Spencer stood up. I fallowed after her, and she grabbed my hand. Intertwining our fingers, we walked down the path together. All of our tents were burned, all of our supplies lost.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. She sighed.

"I don't know. The trek to our nation with a whole legion would have been easy, but only two people? I don't know how we'll do it." She said.

"Is it possible, can we do it?" I asked her, stopping in my tracks. She stopped, turning to face me.

"I believe we can, but it won't be easy. Things will only get harder from here." She mumbled, and I made her look at me.

"It's a good thing we're tough." I said, and she gave a small smile.

"Yah, good thing." She said, turning back around. I walked up behind her, taking her hand. Intertwining our fingers, I hung my head. "What they did was awful, Spencer. I don't know what to say." She turned to look at me.

"Don't say anything, it's not your fault." She whispered.

"I could have done something to stop them, I could have listened to them." She grabbed my other hand, looking at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"They came to me, after I killed dozens of them. They wanted me for revenge, and I only killed more of them. If I would have let them take me, this wouldn't have happened." I whispered.

"You weren't going to give yourself up, I wouldn't even do that." She said, tears still staining her cheeks.

"I can't stand to see you upset like this." I said, hanging my head. I felt my own tears fall. Spencer was a new person in my life, but she was already so important. I felt her finger come under my chin, lifting my head to look at hers.