Pauna

I felt Abby staring into my eyes, trying to find any good in them. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turned around to see Clarke. Her bright blue eyes stared into mine, and I felt chills run down my spin.

"I think I should go." I said. Lexa came out of the drop ship.

"I can take you back to camp. We can get you back with our people." I nodded, as Lexa tossed me my old vest. Catching it, she smirked at me. "I found it by the stream." I smiled, pulling it on. She handed me my knives, and then we walked off. I could feel Clarke's eyes burning holes in the back of my head, but I just kept walking. Once we got far enough away from the drop ship, I spoke up.

"Do not try and keep me out of this fight." I told her, and she looked at me.

"Why would I? I know what you want, and I'll let you have it." She smiled at me, quickly placing her lips against mine.

"Thank you. I know I'm broken, but I don't want to be treated like it." She nodded.

"I feel your pain." I sighed. Hearing snaps behind me, I stopped. Pulling out my knives, I turned around. See the movement of blonde hair, I sighed in frustration.

"Clarke!" I yelled, as she jumped out from behind some trees.

"I wanted to come with. My people are still in that mountain." I sighed, looking over at Lexa.

"As you wish, Clarke of the sky people." Lexa said, and Clarke smiled. She ran up beside us, walking in pace with us.

"So how far are we from-" she trailed off. Two grounders appeared in front of us.

"We came to protect you commander." They said.

"I have my general, how would I not be safe?" Lexa asked, and the two looked at each other. A loud growl took over the silence, and me and Lexa stared at each other.

"Pauna." We both whispered. Lexa grabbed one of the grounders, and I grabbed the other. Dragging my knife across the back of his knees, Lexa did the same.

"Run!" Lexa yelled, grabbing Clarke's wrist. Letting them go in front of me, I heard it break out from the trees behind us. As we kept running, we ended up in the monsters lair. Things grew very quiet, as Clarke pulled out her gun. The Pauna shook the cages, jumping up from one of them. Clarke shot it, causing it to fall back. Throwing Clarke back into Lexa's arms, I yelled at her.

"Bants ai! Ai hun teik shun gon ki Pauna!" I yelled at her, Leave me! I will take care of the gorilla! She nodded, pulling Clarke after her. Pulling out both of my daggers, I sighed. "Shit!" I mumbled. Jumping down into the cage, I faced the Pauna. It sneered its teeth at me, as I did the same. I knew the dried blood was still on my chin, and my eyes still were a bright green. Something's never changed. The Pauna growled at me, charging me. Sliding under it, I sliced my knife across it. Hearing it roar, I jumped up on its back. Using my daggers to climb it's back, I stuck one in its neck. Shaking, I flew off the monster. Taking my daggers with me, I landed hard on the ground. It ran off, as I heard yells. Chasing it, I saw it grab Lexa's legs.

"Leave me!" She yelled. Clarke pulled out her gun, as I sank my daggers in its back. Clarke continued to shot at it, and she missed. Hitting me in the hand, I dropped one of my knives. The Pauna flew back, as I grabbed both of my knives. Clarke and Lexa ran off, and I faced the Pauna. It roared at me, and I smiled. Jumping at it, I sunk one of my daggers into its eye. Pulling my dagger out, the Pauna freaked out behind me. Taking this as my chance, I ran. Fallowing the path, I stopped in front of a large cafe opening. Sighing, I cursed under my breath.

"Fuck it." I said, jumping into the whole. Landing rough on my arm, I screamed. Shaking off the pain, I ran to a door at the end of the hall. Slamming on it, I screamed at them.

"It's me, let me in!" I yelled, as the door peeled open. Clarke pulled me inside, securing the door. I feel into the ground next to Lexa, seeing her in pain. I looked up at Clarke, feeling the blood run down my face and hand.

"What happened to you?" She asked, kneeling down next to me.

"You shot me." I said, showing her my hand. Lexa laughed, and I hit her in the leg. "Not funny." I said, as we both laughed. Clarke pulled some fabric from a bar, wrapping it around Lexa's shoulder. Tying it tight, she came over to me next.

"I'm going to have to keep the bullet in." I nodded.

"I get it." I said. Tearing some cloth from my shirt, she tied it around my hand. Tying. A tourniquet above and below my elbow, I sighed as the pressure was reduced form it. "Thank you." I said.

"You should have left me." Lexa told Clarke.

"You know from where I come from when someone saves your life, you say thank you." Lexa just stared at her, and Clarke gazed back at her. The way they looked at each other, that was the way I wanted Lexa to look at me.

"That was weakness." Lexa said.

"I thought love was weakness?" Clarke asked, being snarky.

"You need to think with your head and not your heart." I smiled. Clarke was totally trying to be nice and Lexa was just pushing her away.

"You want to know why I saved you?" Clarke asked, as Lexa got to her feet. "It's because I need you." Lexa smiled at her, and I smiled at myself. This was the kind of relationship I wanted with her, but I wasn't going to stop her from having it. They were perfect for each other, and I would find someone who was perfect for me someday. Just not today or any day soon. Standing up, I saw Clarke flinch as a loud banging came at the doors.

"It found us." Clarke said, as we all backed against the far wall. I pulled out my knives.

"Open the door." I said in English. "Sie em kodon, teik Klark en bants." I said to Lexa. When it attacks, take Clarke and run. She nodded, grabbing Clarke's hand. Pushing them behind the door, I pulled out Lexa's sword. The Pauna jumped at me, and I screamed. "Run!" I yelled, as the Pauna attacked me. Seeing Clarek and Lexa slip out of the room, I started to fight off the gorilla. Even if Lexa didn't love me, I would still always protect her. She was my friend, my family.

She was my Heda.

-Clarke's POV-

Lexa pulled me out of the room, as we ran to the surface. Pulling from her grip, I yelled at her.

"She's going to die in there! It cornered her on a room she couldn't get out of!" I yelled at Lexa, hitting her in the chest.

"Kacie is strong, she will survive. I would not have left her there if I didn't have total faith in her." She told me, pulling my hands from her gear.

"She saved us." I whispered. Lexa took my hands in hers.

"That is the soul she has. She will always protect us. Kacie is one of the strongest and most caring people ever, even if she thinks she's a monster. We know better, we know the person who saves our lives and rescuers our family." She said, and I though back to my mom. "We know the person who would die for us, even if we didn't ask her to. We know the person who will always have a place in our hearts." I nodded.

"You're right. But I'm not going to leave her here to fight that thing by herself." I went to walk back towards the cages, but Lexa stopped me.

"We have to." She said, then brought the hilt of her knife across my head. Falling to the ground, I closed my eyes to see darkness. She just knocked me out.

What the hell?!