Others

-Kacie's POV-

I pushed Clarke off of me before she could kiss me again. Heading for the door, she fallowed me.

"Kacie?!" She shouted. I still had my knives, so I headed for the door that lead outside. Stepping out into the camp, people stared me down. Averting my eyes from everyone's stares, I walked toward the gate. A crowd of people stepped in front of me, stopping me from leaving the camp.

"I just want to leave. I do not want to bother you anymore." I told them.

"You left us to die, maybe we should leave you to die Commander." Jasper said to me.

"Jasper, I saved your life. Please don't do this." He shook his head.

"You were a different person then. Now you're a grounder." He said, as a circle formed around me. I wouldn't fight them, if I fought them they would only have another reason to hate me. Feeling the first punch come, I staggered back. Someone kicked me, making me fall to my knees. I was continuously punched and kicked, as I covered my head. Trying to block out the shouts and the hurtful words, I closed my eyes. Letting the attacks come, I felt my blood spill on the ground. With a swift blow to my head, I was enclosed in darkness. Maybe darkness was where I was meant to be, maybe I wasn't meant to see the light anymore.

*****************

I slowly peeled my eyes back, feeling one of my eyes swollen shut. Sitting up, a thousand pains moved through my body. I looked at myself to see cuts and bruises covering my body, and a knife was in my thigh. It was my knife. I laughed.

"How ironic, stabbed by my own knife." I mumbled, pulling it out of my thigh. Tearing cloth from my shirt, I tied a tourniquet just above my thigh. Standing up, I leaned against the tree. My body was weak and sore, my mind sad and in pain. Slowly walking forward, I made my way farther into the woods. I looked like a target with all this blood. Reaching down, the ground was soft. Picking up some mud, I rubbed it on my arms and legs. Covering my body in mud, I sighed. As I continued to walk, I saw the familiar arch of trees and vines. I had only been here once, but it was not a place you forget. Polis, our Capitol. I continued to walk until I reached the front gate, and I was met by grounders.

"Heda?" Some of them called out.

"Sha." Yes, I replied. The gates opened, and I gratefully walked in. The first person I saw made me smile.

"Heda." She called.

"Indra, I am glad to see you." She nodded.

"As I am I to you. Heda, we have been looking for you for days. Where were you?" She asked me.

"I went to the sky kru, one of their people was hurt. I offered to help, but they shot me down. When I wanted to leave, they did this to me and left me in the jungle." I told them, and their faces lite up with anger. "They have Octavia." I said.

"We should attack!" Indra yelled, and she was met with more hollers.

"No. We do not need a war! We just need our people." I said. Indra lead me to a tent, where someone looked at my injuries. They bandaged up all of my bad wounds, and put my arm in a sling. When they were done, I walked out of the tent. Indra handed me some new gear, and I gratefully pulled it on. Pulling my hood up, Indra applied some war paint to my eyes. Mounting my horse, I saw the rest of my people lining up behind me. Indra mounter her horse next to me, and nodded her head at me.

"Jus drein jus daun." I said to her, and she nodded.

"Jus drein jus daun." She replied.

"Jus drein jus daun!" We all yelled. Blood must have blood. Riding off on my horse, I headed for the alpha station. Clarke had sort of pissed me off when she kissed me. I mean she knew I was in love with Octavia, and then she did this. She knew nothing about me and Lexa, so I fell some sort of forgiveness there. Approaching the alpha station, we sat on our horses just outside the tree line. I saw a head of blonde hair come from the station, and I bit my lip.

"Heda, what do you want to do?" Indra asked me.

"If they won't give me Octavia, I want a fight." I said, and Indra smiled at me. The rest of my people started yelling.

"Jus drein jus daun!" They yelled over and over, making the sky kru scared.

"Ai liak Kacie kom tree kru!" I am Kacie of the tree people. "And you have something I want!" I screamed, I screamed so loud so they could all hear me. My people raised their weapons, yelling in anger. "Give us Octavia Blake, and you all get to live!" I yelled. Seeing the gate open, I saw Clarke walking towards us. Two of my guards tried to stop her.

"Nou!" Stop. "Let her pass." They nodded, letting her through. Clarke walked up to me, stopping before me.

"You wish to have Octavia back, well we wish for peace." I shook my head.

"You are not negotiating with me. Give me Octavia, or your people start to die." I told her, and her eyes widened.

"You wouldn't."

"You know I would." I said, and she nodded.

"Fine." She turned around, walking back to the gate. Once she got inside, guns locked on us. Me and my four riders rode down to the front gate, two beside me and two behind me. Guns aimed on us, and I smiled as my riders pulled back their bow strings.

"I have four archers here, and thousands behind me. You would all be dead before you could beg for forgiveness." I said, and I saw Abby walk out.

"Commander, we can not give you what you want." She told me through the closed gate.

"Then you will all die. Until I get her back you will all die." I told Abby, turning my horse around. Heading up the hill, Indra looked at me.

"Heda?"

"I want every warrior here from Polis and Ton Dc, I want to show these sky people that we are a deadly force. I want to show them what fear really looks like." She smiled at me, a devilish smile. "Send out fastest riders to our cities, and get me my army!" I yelled, and she nodded. Soon four of my fastest riders took off, heading towards our cities. The rest of my people had started to set up tents. Dismounting my horse, I walked into the tent that was set up for me. Throwing my weapons on the ground, I grasped my hair. Feeling myself become more and more upset, I headed for the tree line. Walking into the jungle, I yelled. Screaming so loud, I could barley hear the footsteps behind me. Falling to my knees, I felt a pair of hands come down on my shoulders.

"Kacie." It was Clarke. Pulling away from her grasp, I stood up.

"Do not touch me." I said, walking away from her.

"Kacie!" She yelled, making me face her. She held a knife in her hand, and I just smiled at her.

"What are you going to do, kill me?" I asked, laughing through my tears. She shook her head.

"No." I saw the blade dig into the palm of her hand. Walking up to her, I pulled the knife from her hand.

"Do you think hurting yourself will make me feel better?! That if you're in pain I'm happy?! If you're in pain I'm losing every piece of my mind, if you're in pain I'm dying because I couldn't protect you!" I yelled, and she started crying.

"Why do you treat me so well?" She asked, collapsing into my arms.

"Because I love you, no matter who I actually love, you'll always hold a place in my heart." I told her, hearing her cry harder. Turning us around, I pulled Clarke to the ground. Feeling a knife skin my cheek, I pushed Clarke back. In front of my stood those things, I didn't know what to call them. Others? I went to grab my knives, but they were missing. Grabbing the knife off the ground, I threw it at the other. It embedded into his neck, and he fell to the ground. Taking his knife and my own, I looked up to see a dozen more of these things. Looking back at Clarke, I saw her pulling out of the grasp of an other. Throwing a knife at him, it landed in his skull. Running to Clarke, I grabbed her wrist.

"What are they!?" Clarke yelled, running behind me.

"Others."