Sleeping Shu

You woke up to find yourself in the middle of a forest. Confused and Dazed you rubbed your eyes hoping to see your room or something familiar. You up, and noticed that your clothes were all weird. They were like a prince's clothes. "I'm not a guy?" you murmured to yourself. You looked around the clearing in search of your clothes but they weren't there. "Geez, I'll have to deal with this for now." You made a face and pulled at your tunic. "Well then." You quickly shimmied up a tree and scanned your surroundings. On the other side of the forest, you saw a castle. How grand it was! You decided that you would go there. Maybe someone could point you in the direction of your house. And so, you went on your way, following a path that seemed to be the right one.

After walking for quite a while, you noticed that you had been walking in circles! "No wonder everything looked so familiar!" you grumbled and frowned. You revaluated which way you should go. After thinking for a few minutes, you went off the path and cut right through the forest, where you were sure that if you kept walking straight, you would find a way out. This went on until sundown.

Soon enough, your hard work paid off. You approached the little village surrounding the castle. When you went in, everyone stopped to look at you. "There he is. I'm sure he's the one." "But he looks strange?" "Sleeping for centuries if not..." "Why? But if..." You heard whispers and bits and pieces of phrases as you passed by. You stopped in front of a man that seemed to be wise. "Excuse me, do you know where I am?" you asked politely. The man stared at you incredulously, yet he did not respond. Instead, he just turned his back on you and carried on with his own affairs. This happened every time you asked someone. Finally, a young woman was kind enough to explain to you what was going on. "The princess......she has fallen into a deep slumber, and with her, everyone in the castle. It's all because of the curse!!! You have to help her! Should you kiss her, her eyes shall open and the kingdom shall have peace once more." You blinked trying to take in everything that she'd said. "What does this have to do with me?" "You seek your way back into your own world no? Once you wake the princess, she shall grant you one wish, whether it is that you get married or that you return to oyour world." "Alright, sounds good.Explain everything to me" The woman pointed towards the castle. "In front of the castle, there shall be walls of thorns trying to keep everyone out. If you make your way through them, go up to the highest tower, and there she'll be. Princess Shu. During her christening, her parents invited everyone, including fairies. Three fairies were supposed to give princess Shu a gift. The first one gave her the gift of good looks. The second the gift of musical talent! But when the third was about to grant her wish....the evil fairy who hadn't gotten invited to the party appeared. She placed a curse on poor princess Shu, that should she reach her 16th birthday, her finger will be cut by a violin string and she'll die! Thankfully, the third fairy had yet to give her gift. She changed the curse so that the princess wouldn't die, but would fall into a deep slumber along with the rest of the castle until the day her prince comes along and kisses her to wake her up. Then they shall get married and everything will be better.  " She looked at you all dreamy-eyed. "I wish you luck my dear." With that she vanished into the crowd. "Okaaay. Princess Shu she said? What a strange name! Now on towards the walls of thorns!"

 Walking through town proved to be quite difficult as there were so many whispering people around you. "That's the one with the dragon emblem! He shall save us from the evil fairy's curse!" You ignored everyone and kept going. Finally, you found yourself face to face with a magnificent wall of thorns. Luckily, since you were indeed a girl, and a girl's body was much nimbler and smaller than a boy's, you made your way quickly through the gaps and came to the drawbridge of the castle, getting only a few scrapes here and there. Wasting no time, you sprinted inside and were surprised to find everyone asleep. "Wow, I didn't expect the lady to be serious." You carefully picked you way through the bodies and found the tower the woman had pointed out. You started up the seemingly endless staircase, exhausting yourself but you kept going. "Princess Shu? Why does that name seem so familiar?" you muttered to yourself as you kept ascending the stairs. Finally, after what seemed like hours, you found yourself standing in front of a door. Panting and breathing hard, you  opened the door and entered the room. On a bed in the centre of the room, you saw a girl, with blond hair...wait a girl? That's a guy! "Is everyone blind?!?! I'm obviously a girl, and this is obviously a guy!" You shook your head in disbelief. "Anyways.....just kiss her/him and I'll be able to go home. You took a deep breath......" You bent down, leaned over her/him and puckered up. Just as your lips touched, you noticed one of her/his eyes open and look at you. "What are you doing? Did you have to wake me up?" You gasped as you say her/his icy blue eyes. "SHU?!" you shrieked. "What do you want? Leave me alone. I'm going back to sleep." "But I thought you would marry me, or send me home..." "Those were lies to get someone to disturb my beauty sleep." Why had you been so stupid? Shu was in the story of Sleeping Beauty! His characteristics matched the story perfectly! You had somehow gone into one of the fairytales you'd been reading about!

Connected ending:

When you realized this, you felt a throbbing sensation in your head. "I'm just going to send you somewhere else  since you're annoying me." "Wait! No!!!!!" you were never going to get home at this rate, but at least you had figured out what happened. "Where am I gonna end up this time?" you wondered. Those were your last  last thoughts until everything went black.

Alternate ending:

"Want. You want me to marry you?" Shu opened his eyes and gave you a once-over. "Well.....I was told that you would marry me if I woke you up...and all that but I don't have to!" "Oh? It's not a bad idea. You seem kind of fascinating anyways." He rested his chin on his hands. "Hmm......." "Um......" You shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. "I've always liked you more than your other brothers so I guess I'm okay with it?" Shu smiled. "Not a bad idea at all..........though you may be human, you aren't as foolish and horrid as the other ones. You know what. Let's get married." "Really!?" You gasped in shock. Shu nodded. "Then we can both like together here, away from those other ignorant humans and my brothers." "When will the wedding be?" You asked anxiously. "Right after I take a nap...." With that, he started snoring softly. You sighed and tucked him in, tousling his hair a little. "Whatever you say princess."