A simple love story

You packed your bags for school, and left in a hurry. Your first day at your new night school, and you couldn't wait! You couldn't wait to meet your fellow vampires that is. One of your goals was to get yourself a boyfriend too! You twisted your ruby ring around your finger nervously. As you boarded the bus, you noticed several pairs of eyes looking back at you. You took a deep breath and smiled. You stopped by an empty seat. "Can I sit here?" You asked the red-haired, green-eyed boy. He nodded briefly, and you settled down into the seat. At least you had a place to sit now, though that was the least of your worries.

A few weeks had passed since your first day at this night school. On the bus, you sat beside Ayato Sakamaki and were able to converse with the other Sakamaki brothers, also on that same bus. You made new friends, and the homework load wasn't too close to unmanageable, thank goodness. All your teachers were agreeable too. I guess you could say you were living the life! That's when 'it' happened.

'It,' was a simple dare that changed everything. Of course, something else happened before that, that initiated the thing to come after 'it,' after 'it' happened. Confusing? Ok. Starting from the beginning.......You were at a friends house for a sleepover, and you were playing games. Life was good. "Alright. Let's play truth or dare!" Ako, your best friend, had announced. You had followed along just because everyone else seemed interested. When it got to your turn, after seeing how gruesome the dares could be, naturally you chose truth. "Truth." You announced boldly. Ako had smiled evily, and asked, "who do you like?" You had thought it was a harmless question, but didn't have a clue as to who you liked. "I don't know.." You answered honestly. Ako grinned as she went and consulted the other girls. "According to our observations, you like Ayato Sakamaki!" "What?!" You had sputtered in shock. "You always sit next to him on the bus and talk to him!" Yuki, spoke up. "Ako nodded. You stared blankly at them. You hadn't said another word about it, or given it another thought......until 'it'.

They very next day, on the bus, the whole group was playing truth or dare. You had plugged your earbuds into your phone and was listening to music while everyone else played. As you got off the bus, you noticed everyone laughing at something Laito had said. All of a sudden, Ayato came up to you, cradled you face in his hands, and planted a nice smoochie right on your lips. At first, you were shocked. Then you turned red as you came to, and slapped him across the face, horrified. He looked pretty shocked too. Yu turned and ran into the school, tears streaming down your cheeks. Ayato called after you but you kept running. Laito had looked a bit worried and kind of guilty albeit the small smirk on his face. As you locked yourself in one of the girls washroom stalls, you thought about what had just happened. Ayato freaking Sakamaki had stolen your first kiss! You weren't sure how to feel. A few seconds later, Ayato came bursting into the girls washroom. "(Y/n"!!!" He called out. "I know you're in there! Come out! I need to talk to you." You sniffled and didn't respond. You heard him sigh. "Please. That was just a dare ok? Nothing to worry about. So please just stop crying and come out." You paused. Just a dare?! That's all it was?! It was your first kiss!!! You slowly came out of the stall, washed your face and walked right past him. Good thing you were the queen of the silent treatment.

A few weeks passed, and you were still holding your grudge. Ayato had tried to initiate into conversations with you, but you simply rejected him every time, without even saying a word. It was kind of awkward to see him on the bus, but whatever. You had gotten used to the ignoring thing. Until another thing happened that is.

You were in class, and suddenly you were hit in the back of your head with a paper plane. You frowned and picked it up off the floor and read it.

Meet me bhind school 2day at lunch.

You looked around and saw Ayato, obviously trying hard to look natural, but failing. You sighed and kept taking notes.

"I'm here. What do you want." You had decided to give him a second chance. After all, it wasn't his fault he kissed you...right? "Geez chill...I was just wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend. Because we kissed, and that was my and your first kiss.....it would make sense you know...." You stood there, frozen, had he seriously asked you to be his girlfriend?! Apparently yes. "Um......" You felt butterflies in your stomach and realized that you loved this guy. When he had said the kiss was nothing, it had broken your heart. You missed talking to him on the bus, you missed him. You nodded slowly. "Please don't break my heart." You muttered a quick prayer.

Another week had passed, and you and Ayato were now known as the cutest couple in the school. He took good care of you, and was overprotective but you found it cute. You were very happy with him, and he was very happy with you. "Hey. I was asking you a question." You looked up at Ayato from your cuddling position, and smiled. "What?" He laughed. "I was asking if I could kiss you cuz you looked cute." He didn't wait for an answer and quickly snuck a kiss on your forehead. You giggled. HE took your face in his hands, and kiss your jaw, nose, then slowly fit his lips onto yours. Everything felt so real, and so right. You pulled him closer towards you. How you loved the guy who had stolen your first kiss, and would continue to steal every kiss after that too.