Chemistry? Yuma X Reader

Hey guys! It's been a whileeee! I know I haven't updated in a long time...I guess I was just unmotivated and since school started.... Do you know what I mean? No inspiration either, but I'm continuing this for you guys. :) Well anyways, I hope that by updating again it'll rekindle my inspiration and everything so I can update more frequently! I just wanted to thank you guys for 100k, I love you all so much and I hope you'll continue to support me! :) Enjoy! 

~Magical_Melon

"Is he hooked up?

"All clear."

"Start up the system."

"Starting test #3."

You glanced up from your textbook at what was happening in your mom's lab. Your mom had picked you up after school and had gone to the lab to work. You had agreed to stay for a while, just to help out with a few things. They had recently gotten a new test subject and were looking into creating some sort of 'superhuman' for the government. Your mom had been against it at first, but since it was for the government... You didn't even know if it was legal.

"(Y/N) Could you help me? The needles are on the rack." 

"Sure." You got up and went to get the needles. As you handed them to your mom, you got a glimpse of the boy on the operation table. He was tall and looked about your age or older. He had brown hair and his eyes seemed to pierce right through you. He was handsome. Oh. You noticed you were staring and he was staring right back. Embarrassed, you turned around hurriedly. After a few more errands you decided that you did not want to stay any longer."I'm going home mom. I have homework to do." You called to your mom as got your stuff and left. You could take the bus. Note #1: You did try to do your homework but you were having a hard time concentrating. Note #2. It was probably the boy. 

The next day, you got a text from your mom telling you to go check up on the boy. She said she was at a meeting with all her colleagues and was unable to go. She left you the pin and a few instructions including to feed the boy. When you entered the lab, all was quiet. You could feel his stare boring into your back. You went into his cell with a deep breath and handed him a sandwich. "You should eat. My mom says it's unhealthy if you don't eat." Smooth right? No duh not eating is unhealthy!

"What does she care?" The boy snatched it from you and took a big bite. He was probably hungry. 

"Um..."

"What?"

"Is there anything else you want?"

".....water. And sugar cubes." 

For the rest of the day you hung out with him to his dismay and talked. He wasn't too friendly but he didn't seem to hate the company. He also ate a lot of sugar cubes. By the end of the day he had finished an entire box and had made you promise to bring another box tomorrow. Note #3: The boy's name was Yuma. 

"I'm going to the lab dad!" You called out over your shoulder. 

"Are you sure? It's the weekend. Be careful okay? Does your mom know?" 

"Yep! Bye!" You answered both questions. You hopped on your bike and pedaled fast. When you got there, you were happy to see the boy seemingly waiting for you too. "Hi! I brought a board game today!" You pulled 'Link 4' out of your bag and showed it to him. He was pleased. 

Over the next few days, you went to see him on a daily basis. You learned what his favorite food was (curry) and tried to cook it for him. He was surprised and obviously happy but said the curry tasted like cardboard. He finished it all anyway. Everything was going great. Until Test #25. Note#4: 25 is an unlucky number.