Hansel and Gretel

"Onee-chan! Onee-chan!" You opened your eyes to find a boy kneeling over you. "Onee-chan?" You muttered to yourself confused. You glanced up at the boy again and saw that he had purple hair along with purple eyes that had dark circles underneath them. He was holding something that resembled a teddy bear in his arms and he bent over you, looking worried. "Papa's gone. What shall we do?" You blinked at him. "What?" "Papa. He left us. Don't you remember? He took us all the way out here, and left saying he would find some firewood to keep us warm. He never came back. What arer we going to do onee-chan?" "Um...I dunno. Do what you want. I gotta find a way home." You remembered how you had come to this place and you surveyed your surroundings. "Well then. I'm off." You stood up, took in your new outfit, brushed yourself off and started in the direction you thought was north. You lived somewhere north right? "I'll go with you. Teddy would like to as well." The boy got up as well and feel into step with you. "Um.....what's your name again?" You nervously rubbed the nape of your neck, knowing how ridiculous you sounded, asking a boy who was convinced that you were his sister his name. "How do you not my name?!" The boy glared at you with wide eyes. "I am your brother after all!" "Okay. How about I call you onii-chan?" You shrugged at him. "...My name is Hansel. So just call me that." He turned away from you to mutter something to his teddy bear. "How rude...right Teddy?" "And your bear is names Teddy?" Oops. You shouldn't have asked that. "DO NOT ADDRESS TEDDY SO FAMILIARLY!!!!!" Hansel screeched. "Oh um sorry sorry." You quickly put up your hands in a sign of surrender. "Geez." You murmured under your breath.

After what seemed like ages of walking in awkward silence, you came to a nice house made of sweets. "Cake!" Hansel ran up to the house and broke a piece off. "Wait! That might not be a good idea!" You tried to stop him, but he had already stuffed a chunk into his mouth. "This is delicious!" He declared, breaking off another chunk. Watching him eat, you realized that you were starving. Cautiously, you approached the house and tore off a long, thin piece from the window frame. You put it in your mouth and chewed slowly. "Licorice!" Recognizing the flavour, you starting trying many other parts of the house. Hansel was already doing the same. You looked over at him, and it struck you that he reminded you of someone......important? Whatever. You could think after you took a nap..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... You woke up with a start, feeling something soft and warm underneath you. You stretched and found yourself in a bed made of hay. "Hay's soft and warm?" You thought aloud. Nearby, you heard Hansel stir in his sleep. You flopped back down on your 'bed' and wondered how the hell you had gotten here. You wondered so much, that eventually your brain got tired, and you fell asleep again. You woke up to hear Hansel singing;

Are you going to Scarborough fair,

parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme,

remember me to one who lives there,

she was once a true love of mine.......

He stopped suddenly. "Onee-chan? You're awake?" You were stunned that he had noticed you watching him. "Oh, um yes." You responded quickly. Why was the tune of that song so nauseating? Had you heard it somewhere before? You still couldn't remember. Man, was your memory groggy from that accident. The only thing you did remember was getting hit in the face with a ball. Not helpful at all. Before you could do anything stupid, like try to hit your head on something hard to try to regain your memory, a young woman came up the stairs. She had long purple hair and gorgeous green eyes. She was wearing a long dress that was also purple and fitted to compliment her curves. "Hello dearies. I see that you're awake?" "Yes." Hansel responded for you both. "Now what may your names be?" She smiled kindly at you, but you felt frozen. Something about this woman wasn't right. "I'm Hansel, That's my sister Gretel. My onee-chan." He gestured towards you. "Hi." You waved meekly. The woman merely smiled. "Do you happen to be the children of a man named Karlheinz?" Hansel shrugged. "Possibly?" "My name is Cordelia. Anyways breakfast is ready!" She went back down the stairs. "Cordelia?" You muttered to yourself. "Onee-chan, come on. Let's go." Hansel reached for your shirt sleeve and tugged you down the stairs behind him. "Mmmmmm..." You smelt something like pancakes. "Make yourselves at home!" Cordelia smiled and places some plates on the table. The plates were piled high with pancakes covered in syrup. "Wow! Thank you so much!" You rubbed your hands together and dug in. Hansel did the same. After stuffing yourselves with pancakes, Cordelia gave you both some chores to do to repay her for the food since you kept insisting. "Alrighty. Gretel dear, you can wash the dishes and Hansel, please get a broom from the cellar? The floor looks awfully dusty." "Where's the cellar?" Hansel asked. "Oh I'll show you the way." Cordelia's mouth stretched wide with an evil looking smile, but Hansel didn't seem to notice. "Oh, I can help him.." "No no. Don't be modest dear, you stay here and wash the dishes alright?" You nodded in defeat. Before Hansel left, you whispered in his ear to be careful. He nodded. "Don't worry onee-chan, if this woman tries to do anything I'll just burn her up! Ahahahahaha!" Hansel gave a maniacal laugh before following Cordelia down the steps to the cellar. "Creepy." You turned to the dishes and got started. After a few minutes, you heard a scream and laughter coming from the cellar. "Hansel!" Worried, you raced down to the cellar to find him bent over Cordelia's unmoving figure, stabbing her with a broom? Wait no, that broom had a sharp metal tip...almost like a knife! "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH LEAVING ME, RIGHT MOTHER?!?!?! YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD OUTSMART ME?!?!?!?! AHAHAHAHA YOU THOUGHT WRONG! NOW LET THE FLAMES EMBRACE YOUR COLD BODY AND KEEP YOU WARM!!!!" All of a sudden, Cordelia's body started to burn down in enormous flames. "HANSEL?!?!" You cried out. "I'll meet you outside onee-chan! Ahahahaha!" You instantly started running, if you didn't evacuate soon enough, you would be the victim of the fire. "Why did he do that?" You muttered to yourself. "Why?!" When you finally found a spot far enough from the burning house, you saw Hansel waiting there for you. "Hansel?! Why?! How?!" You were so confused. "Cordelia is my mother onee-chan. Didn't you see the pictures father had? She left me a long time ago because our father didn't have the money to satisfy her anymore. Then, when she heard that he had found a new wife, your mother, she decided to take revenge, and tried to get me out of the way first, then kill you. Gruesome right? Look, I put her ashes in Teddy." He showed you his teddy bear and inside, there was a vial with ashes in it. "Cordelia.......mother....Karlheinz.........you.....you're not Hansel...you're Kanato! Kanato Sakamaki!" You gasped. Instantly you remembered everything.

Connected ending:

"Haha! Good job (y/n)! You've figured it out! Now onto the next one! Bye!" "Wait!!! Nooooo!!!" You remembered this scene all too clearly. Suddenly, just as fast as your memories came, they vanished, and were replaced by utter darkness.

Alternate ending:

"What are you doing here?!" You sputtered. Kanato merely smiled. "Too bad the house burned down. It was quite a nice one at that." He drew Teddy closer to him. "Anyways. Since mother's dead and father's somewhat of a douche leaving two kids out in the wilderness alone, let's survive on our own! Okay onee-chan?" You blinked. "Well...um what do you mean? How will we survive?" Kanato grinned and took out a pouch of gold coins from within his vest. "There's a town nearby. What do you say? We'll live in peace without any more disturbances." He explained that as if it was the most logical thing in the world. His offer sounded pretty good though. You nodded. Taking his hand, you exclaimed, "let's do this!" Off you both went, into the sunset, swinging your arms happily and singing;

Are you going to Scarborough fair,

parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme,

remember me to one who lives there,

she was once a true love of mine......