A Christmas story

T'was Christmas Eve and you and Subaru (your boyfriend) were at a winter carnival. It was your first time doing something like this so you were somewhat nervous, but happy. There were ice sculptures everywhere, and everything was great. Stands sold takoyaki, corndogs, hotdogs and cotton candy. Games such as 'ring toss' and 'milk bottles' were present. Rides like roller coasters and merry-go-rounds were also found everywhere.

"Tch. They're all rigged." Subaru turned away from a game that he had tried winning 5 times with no luck and started towards the food stands. "Shall we get something to eat?" Subaru pointed to a hot dog stand. You nodded eagerly and followed him.

"I wonder if they have Mountain Dew...." You bit your lip and searched the drinks in the cooler, hoping to see the familiar green can. All you found was 7up. You looked up and saw that Subaru had taken the last one. You quickly just took the 7up and pretended to be busy searching your bag for an unidentified object so he wouldn't notice.

"Don't worry about it. I'm paying." Oops. Subaru had thought you were making a show of searching for your wallet!

"Oh, no Subaru-kun, it's fine!" You tried to pull out some money, but that only made him more insistent.

"I said I got it!" Subaru growled at you and slapped a 20 dollar bill on the counter. "Come. Let's eat over there." Subaru grabbed your wrist and yanked you over to a bench by a glowing tree.

"*Sighhhhh*" You sighed loudly, and opened your 7up. You stared into the liquid sadly. Oh well. It was close enough to Mountain Dew.

"Here. Gimme that and take this." Subaru pushed his Mountain Dew over to you and held out a hand for the 7up.

"Oh! Oh! Thank you Subaru..." You took the drink happily, and took tiny sips. Subaru gulped down the 7up easily.

After you had eaten, Subaru decided it would be nice to go on a ride. "Let's go on the Ferris Wheel!" You dragged Subaru over to the giant attraction. It would be so romantic. You two got into a big blue cart and were locked in. "See! You can see the whole town from up here!" You pointed down at the small specks in the distance. Subaru nodded.

"Tch. Humans are really like ants aren't they..."

"Hee hee! I guess you could say that...oh! It's raining!" You pressed up against the glass to try to see more clearly the tiny drops of water falling from the sky. "Subaru! It's raining!"

"I can see that..." Subaru sighed softly and crossed his arms. "You're not gonna let a little rain ruin your day are you?"

"No...not at all!" You put on a smile quickly. Little did you know....the rain had hidden intentions.

"In here!" Subaru pulled you into an abandoned building, shielding the both of you from the rain. It had started to downpour.

"It's the winter, but it's raining and not even snowing?!" You cried out in disbelief, wringing out your scarf. "Brrrrr...it's cold...." You shivered as your teeth chattered.

"Here." Subaru took off his jacket, and put it over your shoulders. It was surprisingly warm. (Notice I said surprisingly.....)

"Subaru...won't you be cold?" You frowned.

"It seems that you need it more than I do." Subaru looked away, but you could see the tips of his ears turn pink.

"Thank you..." You felt your cheeks get warm and you drew the jacket tighter around yourself. A few minutes passed like this, and you listened to the soft pattering of the rain falling on the paved ground.

"It doesn't look like it'll stop." Subaru noted. "We may have to spend the night here. No cars are getting anywhere, and this carnival is quite a few miles from your house." Subaru turned to look at you. You nodded.

"Okay....as long as someone's here with me." You sat down, and cuddled into his jacket. Subaru came over and wrapped his arms around you. "Go to sleep (Y/n). I'll be here watching over you."

"I'm sorry today was such a horrible day Subaru-kun....I'm sorry." You whimpered.

"It doesn't matter whether it's raining, or if there's a storm going on. As long as we're together, I'll be happy." Comforted by his words, you drifted off to sleep. "Now...I better give her mom a call so she doesn't kill me tomorrow." (Yes, I know! Subaru didn't destroy this phone!) Subaru grimaced and pulled out his phone, punching in a few numbers and leaving a message. Finally satisfied, he too, nodded off to sleep.

I'M SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT AND SO RANDOM I HAVE NO INSPIRATION AHHHHHH!!!! I'M JUST SITTING ON MY COUCH STARING AT MY CHRISTMAS TREE HOPING FOR SOMETHING TO COME TO MEEEEEEE!!! HELP!!!!! But I hope you guys liked it! >.<

~ Magical_Melon