Cinderella part 2

For the first few minutes of the ball, you just stood there, awkwardly, not saying anything or doing anything. Then, you were approached by Ayato. "Hey there missus, may I have this dance?" He extended his hand towards you. You instantly turned away from him in case he would recognize you. "No-no thank you." You stuttered. You quickly rushed into the crowd, further away from him, Drizelldo and your stepmother who stood there watching. "She looked like a noble as well. Did you see her footsie?" Ayato grumbled. "But still quite flat-chested at that. I feel like I've seen her somewhere before?" "Hmmm....I wonder how our dear Cinderella is doing at home. She's probably crying her eyes out somewhere. Too bad I can't see her right now. She should've realized she never had the chance to come here. Even if she did, she would've embarrassed us." "Well said mother." Drizelldo gave his mother a high-five. "Don't look now, but the princess is coming our way!" Ayato smoothed down his hair, and asked her for a dance. She agreed, and the two took the dance floor. Meanwhile, you had finally seemed to have lost track of where Ayato was, and you sighed in relief. "What's a pretty lady like you doing without a dance partner?" Oh great. The prince. Who also had a big ego. "Oh um...haha..." You turned and found yourself face-to-face with the prince. "May I have this dance?" You nodded because it would be rude to refuse to prince. He took your hand and placed his other hand on your waist. "That's quite a nice footsie you've got there." He smiled kindly at you. You nodded awkwardly and put your hand on his shoulder. More like gripped his shoulder because you were nervous. "Ah, don't be afraid, I don't bite!" The prince laughed. "Tell me a bit about yourself. Where do you come from?" "I don't know. Certainly not from around here." You muttered. "Oh you're funny! I like you, so dance with me all of tonight? I couldn't bear the thought of surrendering you to someone else." You nodded reluctantly. You really just wanted to go home. He kept asking questions, so you kept trying to explain them in the most logical way possible although it was pretty hard. When the clock struck midnight, you had realized that the time had flew. "Oh no! I'm so sorry! I need to go!" With that, you turned and ran, with the prince following close behind you. "Wait! I didn't even get your name!" He called after you. People turned to stare. "I don't know, sorry sorry sorry!" You called out dodging peoples feet but failing and stomping on a few of them. You almost body-checked Drizelldo as you rushed past. As you ran down the steps of the palace, the prince was gaining on you. You had no time to waste! Your carriage was waiting for you. Urgh running in Converse high-tops was painful, especially after dancing for like 2 hours in them already. You took the one that was bothering you off, and tossed it behind you. Then, you jumped into the carriage and yelled out, "HOME!!!" You were on your way home. You glanced back at the prince. He had seen the shoe you threw. Oops. Oh well. You turned back around and settled down in your seat. You didn't see the prince pick up your shoe, kiss it, and call for his servants to polish it and prepare it for what was to come the following day.

The next morning, you woke up, in the cellar, exhausted. As you stretched and yawned, you noticed someone peeking through the door. "Um...excuse me?" You pried the door open, and someone fell back. Ayato. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?! Pervert!" You followed him out into the hall, and into the guest room. "What's going on?" You asked when you noticed everyone wearing the same clothes as they were yesterday. "Didn't you guys have time to change? Or do you have no clothes left?" You instantly covered your mouth when you realized what you had said. "Change?" your stepmother raised a brow. "I mean from what you're wearing....it looks like you're wearing pajamas! And you only sleep with pajamas on...." You sputtered. Luckily they seemed to buy it. "Ayato. He's coming. Fix your hair. Drizelldo you too! Stop slouching!" You noticed that both of them were wearing wigs and makeup to look like girls. "What happened to your faces??!!" You gasped in horror. "Shush. And you, will go back down to the cellar. Immediately. And close the door when you're down there. I'll come get you when we're ready." "Gladly!" Ayato reached out to grab your apron. "Wait." He looked at you so intently that you felt beads of sweat making their way down your back. "No way. There's no way..." He muttered to himself and shook his head. He released your apron, and you scurried away. You stopped before going down into the cellar and decided to sneak something to eat from the kitchen. You were starving, having not eaten anything the day before. Turns out, the kitchen was really close to the guest room. "Hello? Any daughters in this house?" A voice called out. "Yes! Two!" Your stepmother called back. You could hear everything they were saying. Two? What, those two clowns??? Just the memory of them made you laugh. "You know how this will work right? Your daughters will try on this shoe, and if it fits, she is the true love of our prince who ran off last night before he could get her name." "Yes, I understand." "Now I will ask you one last time, is there any other girl residing in this home?" You wondered if you should go out there or not. You couldn't believe how stupid the servant and the prince was to believe that Drizelldo and Ayato were girls. Although Ayato didn't look bad....You decided that you would try to save them face by proving that there was a real girl in this house. "No." "Yes." You said yes, just as your stepmother said no. "Ah, the more the merrier. No more?" "Nope." You shake your head, and stand on the opposite side of your stepmother, since you didn't want to be stabbed by the daggers she was glaring at you. "Alright. You first. What's your name?" The prince is standing next to his servant and he asks this question. "Drizella." Drizelldo replies in a awfully high-pitched voice. You snicker, and quickly turn it into a cough, and clear your throat. The servant does his thing, and the shoe doesn't fit. Drizelldo's foot was too small. Then it's Ayato's turn. "My name is Anastasia." Ayato squeaks. He sounds like a mouse. You choke back a laugh and then pretend you're clearing you're throat. "Sorry. it's this cold.." You cough again to justify. The shoe still doesn't fit. His foot is too big. Finally, it's your turn. "What's your name?" "Cinderella." You responded. You had decided to go by this name for now, since that was how everyone identified you. The servant took your barefoot, and brought the shoe up to your foot. "Oi." Ayato. You turned to look at him. "Don't forget, chichinashi, even if you do become a princess, you still owe me takoyaki. Not poisonous like last time, but takoyaki made from following the instructions." He arched a brow at you.

Connected ending:

Suddenly, you felt a throbbing in your head. Chichinashi.....takoyaki.....basketball....ore-sama...............Ayato? Sakamaki? Then, overcome by the pain in your temples, you lost consciousness, and everything went black.

Alternate ending:

"Wait....you're......Ayato Sakamaki?!" You gasped as you realized his true identity. He gave you a sly smile and waved. "Um...will you try on this shoe already? It's getting quite late and we have other houses to visit as well." The prince seemed to be getting impatient. You continued to stare at Ayato. "Excuse me? Lady?" The prince stepped between you two and waved a hand in front of your face. "Ah geez, forget it. Let's go." He motioned for his servant to follow and they both left. Your stepmother looked confused. "What's going on? I told you to go into the cellar didn't I? I guess you're very tricky eh?" "Wait." Drizelldo spoke while scratching his scalp which was clearly itching due to the poor quality of the wig. "Alls well that ends well. Let's leave those two lovebirds alone." Drizelldo went up to his room. Your stepmother just stared at him incredulously. But obviously she couldn't do anything about it, so she just left as well leaving you and Ayato alone. "Ore-sama has saved you hasn't he?" "I don't know if you think talking in third person is cute or whatever but please. No." He grinned at you. "Well, anyways, how about we move outta this madhouse and live together somewhere far far away?" You giggled. "It has a nice ring to it. In a land, far, far, away, Cinderella/(y/n) lived with her 'stepbrother' (not really)  Ayato Sakamaki.........." "Not stepbrother. One true love." "Okay, okay. In a land far, far away............................"