It all started with a love note....

In love, timing is everything. If you can't convey your feelings at that crucial moment, even fate will pass you by. That was a love quote, that you loved a lot. Sure, the idea of love seemed fun and all, but really, you never really did fall in love with anyone. That's when you met him. Ayato Sakamaki. Popular boy, and basketball player extraordinaire. Not only was he good-looking with his dazzling green eyes and red hair, but his smile alone could make your heart melt. He was also smart, and that combo wasn't something you would see every day. All the girls had a thing for him, but luckily he didn't seem to have feelings for any of them. Every once in a while, he would get tons of love letters but he never read any of them. How did you know? Your locker happened to be beside his. It was quite a nuisance sometimes. Two words. Crowds and noise. It was annoying. Right after getting thousands of letters raining down on him, he would simply stuff them all into a plastic bag and toss them. For a while you simply thought he was being rude, but after some time, you figured that it was because he was looking for love as well. He didn't seem to want any girl who liked him. He wanted a girl who would make him happy for the rest of his life, and you realized that you wanted so badly, to be that girl. But why would he pick you? You were just a quiet girl who barely spoke at the back of the class. He probably didn't even know you were in his class. You did a lot of thinking in place of speaking. You only had one thing. Blood type O, but little did you know that your blood type would be what would bring the two of you together.

Ayato had been in you class for a while now, but you hadn't really paid any attention to him. That is, until that fateful day. One of your classmates, uploaded a picture of your class onto their blog. For some reason, you had a really ridiculous smile that looked so fake, it looked as if you were in pain. Obviously, for the sake of media, that classmate zoomed in on your face. The comments were pretty nasty, some saying, "who's that ugly girl?" And others saying, "is she even in our class?" It was Ayato who stuck up for you. You didn't know why, but maybe, deep down in his heart, (little did you know he didn't have one) he could connect with your experience and felt bad for you. He had stopped all the hate with a few simple words. "She looks cute." Of course, you didn't expect him to pay any more attention to you than he already did, which was none, but at least the mean comments stopped. Sure, there were whispers going around over what had happened, but whatever. Because of that, you had realized your feelings for him. From that day on,  you knew that you liked him.

As you went to school one day, you knew that that day would be different than any other. You clutched a piece of paper in your sweaty hand and took a deep breath. Finally, on valentines day you had gathered enough courage to write a love letter. A confession basically. With a really delayed thank you for what had happened months ago. When you entered the school and found his locker, you quickly looked around then stuffed the note into his locker through a vent at the top. You sighed and relaxed as the damage was done. You knew that he would probably just throw it out with the others, but at least you had gotten your feelings out. As you started towards you first period class, you noticed Ayato stop at his locker. Curious to see what he would do, you hid behind a wall and peeked out around the corner. You saw him stop and examine the paper, then sniff it. Weird. Then he stuffed it into his pocket and left. "What was that?" You wondered. As you wandered into the classroom, you noticed him looking at you. You looked away and took your place at the back of the class. Never making a sound, staying out of attention. Just like always. What was different was that at the end of class, Ayato came up to you. "Did you get a papercut?" He asked you. You blinked at him, ecstatic that he was talking to you, but kinda weirded out that his first words to you would be those. "Um...." You checked you fingers. "Oh ya. I got one yesterday from writing a no...nonstop hour of homework! Haha! Yes homework. Oh these darn papercuts!" You laughed awkwardly waving you arms around to make your explanation somewhat more elaborate, and shoving your finger in his face. It only made you look like more of a fool. Ayato nodded and grabbed your hand. You gasped as he licked your papercut. "Mmmm...blood type O I presume?" He held your hand and turned it over, fascinated. Confused, you withdrew from him. "What are you doing?!" You leaned backwards and fell off your chair. Fortunately, you weren't hurt. Unfortunately, it was because Ayato had caught you in his arms. He pulled you closer to him and you could smell his cologne. He smelt like takoyaki. You tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but he was too strong. "Please...put me down." You whispered, scared. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, then closed it seeing your reaction, and set you down on your feet. With that, he left the room, and you.

The next day, you watched to make sure that Ayato was gone, before you went to open your locker. You spent the next few days avoiding him, and not speaking to anyone, just like any other day. But in home ec, you were paired up with Ayato to make cupcakes, thus ending you week without Ayato plan. "Oi. How long are you gonna stand there looking like your cat just died?" Ayato's voice brought you back into reality and away from the mini pity party you were planning for yourself. You looked up and saw him glaring at you with his hands on his hips. He held out an apron to you. You took it, and noticed that it had small watermelon designs on it. You looked at Ayato's and saw small basketballs. You rolled you eyes and put on gloves. "You're pretty flat by the way. There's no oomph." It took you a while to figure out what he was saying. "Gee...thanks. But for your information, I don't live to please pervs like you." "Ouch! Ore-sama is hurt!" Ayato joked and mixed the ingredients together in a bowl for the batter. You tried to ignore his ridiculous comments through the rest of the period. Finally, when the bell rang, you hurried into the library where you could be in peace. Sighing, you sat at a desk and rested your head on a book. "Romeo and Juliet." You read from the cover. "What a sad love story...but beautiful." You sighed again. "I'll just take a small nap...."

When you woke up, the school was dark. "Huh?" It seemed as if everyone had gone. You got up and headed to your locker. Only, you weren't able to make it that far. The doors were locked. Panicked, you yanked hard on the doors, but no luck. Why would they lock a student in?!? It was obvious that you were in there! Wait. Maybe not. You had been sitting in a corner, and from the librarians perspective she wouldn't be able to see you since the top of the desk was blocking you. "I hate desks with shelves!" You cried out in frustration. "Oi stop being so loud. I'm reading." You never thought that you would be that happy to hear another person's voice. "Ayato?" You circled the library looking for him. "What." Suddenly he was in front of you. "Waaaah!" You took a step back, and being the klutz that you were, tripped and fell only to be caught by Ayato. "Why are you so clumsy?" He demanded. "It's annoying that I have to save you all the time. What if I'm not there and you, like trip and fall off a cliff? You would DIE." Ayato crossed his arms, as if making a point. "What would I be doing on a cliff in the first place?" You asked. "Whatever. You wanted to take a walk ok?" You giggled. Then started to laugh. "What?" He asked. "N-nothing. It's just that you're so...cute when you're clueless!" You wiped tears from your eyes. "Am I that funny?" He retorted, noticing your tears. You shook your head. "I'm sorry...but I'm scared. I don't know what to do." You whispered. "Oh come on! You're not crying are you?" Ayato moved closer to you and wiped a few tears from your eyes, taking your face in his hands. "Being locked in a school isn't so scary. Trust me." He pulled out a chair and plopped you down in it. You sniffled. "B-but I need to go home! My mom will be worried..." You hiccupped. "Ah geez....here okay. Calm down." He gently stroked your head and pulled you closer towards him. "You were the one who wrote that note right? I recognize the scent of your blood." "What?" You asked. "You had a papercut and a bit of your blood touched the paper. Then, I picked up a similar scent from you, and matched it. It was you wasn't it?" You nodded slowly. "Hm....there was no need to thank me for what I did you know? It was true." You looked at him confused. "You think I'm cute?" You sniffled into his chest. "Course I do. Sure you're a pancake and all that, but you're not annoying like those other girls." You shifted in his arms and snuggled in some more. "Mmph." Was your reply. "And that response you asked for? I like you too (y/n). Now relax, and enjoy your time here with ore-sama alone. You should feel lucky! Anyways, I'll wake you up when we're unlocked so go to sleep." And go to sleep you did.

When the librarian found you both curled up on the carpet, she had lots of questions, but none of which you wanted to answer. ;)