Chapter 3

The school ceremony was short and simple. I didn't know that Usagi was our class representative. He's smart, athletic and good looking. If I was a girl, he would probably be my perfect prince--but, no. I'm a guy and I like cute and adorable guys--not the sparkly princely type. However, I was charmed by his speech and Usagi's last words were: "Life is short. Seize the moment." It was an interesting thought. People are too afraid to take chances and they let those chances pass. They are scared to seize that opportunity and they end up losing. I think what Usagi is trying to say is that don't be afraid on taking chances--just do it, life is short.

The ceremony has ended and the students start leaving the school gymnasium.

The school principal mentioned about a sports fair in an hour. I guess that's why most students are rushing out to get ready for it. In this school, it just became a requirement that all of the students should participate in sports. Now it finally made sense to me as to why all of these guys were buffed and athletic looking...my frail and innocent guys were transformed into manly men by this school policy...

OH MY GOSH.

I feel defeated. Now that I realize this. There is no point of being here. My perfect uke is no longer here... I guess I have no choice. I can't turn back now. I begged my parents and we paid the tuition. I will be in trouble if I drop out now...

I have to join a sports team. I was never really a sporty type of guy. Ugh, this will be hard...

__________________________

Ryoichi Soma: Hey, you're a new student, right? I'm Ryoichi Soma. Do you want to join the kendo club?

Haru: No, thank you... -walks away slowly-

Ryoichi: -grabs Haru's arm- Come on, give us a chance. -persistent-

Haru: No, I'm...sorry. Kendo is physically exhausting and I'll be sweating like a pig. That's disgusting. -tries to shake him off-

Ryoichi: No, it will be fun. You will be strong, cutie. -tightens his grip-

Haru: Aw, that hurts. Let go of me! -struggles-

Aki Takeshi: Hey, Ryoichi, stop. -grabs Ryoichi's arm-

Ryoichi: I was just trying to recruit this cute boy...Aki, there's nothing wrong here.

Aki: You don't have to be so forceful about it. If he said no, just move on to the next person. -angry- Are you alright?

Haru: Um...yea...thanks. -shy- I'm gonna go. -walks away quickly-

Aki: HEY, wait! -runs towards Haru- I didn't get your name. -pants- I'm Aki Takeshi. You can call me Aki. You're a new student right?

Haru: Yea, I'm new...I'm Haru Arata. You can call me Haru. -indifferent-

Aki: Don't let Ryoichi get into you. He is just passionate about kendo....don't make that face. It ruins your cute face. -pokes Haru's cheek and laughs-

Haru: -touches his cheek and blushes- Hey! Don't do that...

Ryoichi was forcing himself onto me. He was very strong and I couldn't get away from him. I felt harassed even if his intentions were harmless. Luckily, Aki came to help me--but geez, I looked so pathetic, like a damsel in distress and the prince came to save me. This school is really weird. Aki is another Usagi in a different skin. Aki is athletic and good looking--another sparkly prince...and yet again, not my type.

It looked like I made a new friend. After that Ryoichi incident, I talked to Aki. He is the team captain of the basketball club. He didn't ask me to join but he did say if I wanted to watch one of their practices, I was more than welcome to. He was saying that the point of the sports fair is to introduce the students to different sports. They have to choose within a week which sports team to join. They can switch around if they don't like it, but they are encouraged to stay in one team for all three years of high school. Aki was nice enough to show me around even though he had to be stationed in his basketball club booth. He said the vice captain had him covered.

I am still undecided on what sports team to join. It seems like everything is physically exhausting. Like I said before, I am not the athletic type. I'm flabby. Maybe this sports requirement is good for me. I can look athletic and transform myself into a sparkly prince like Usagi and Aki--sounds like a good plan.

Aki: Have you thought about which sports club to join? -smiles-

Haru: No, not really. I am not the athletic type...so this is going to be a difficult. -disappointed-

Aki: You don't have to be good at it you know. They just require it so that the students will be physically fit. Also, it encourages sportsmanship, discipline and teamwork. It's not that bad. -enthusiastic-

Haru: If you put it that way...I guess I'll go for less physical work, not prone to injury, and no body contact type of sport...

Aki: Huh...that is a hard one...we can look around and see if we can find something like that?

Haru: Sure!

Aki: Look, archery! -looks into it- They're full. -laughs-

Haru: I guess most of the students here figured that one out already. -laughs-

Aki: Hmm...Look over there! How about swimming? I am not sure if it is less physical work but you are not prone to injury and there is definitely no body contact. -happy-

Haru: We can check it out. -curious-

Archery is really not that physically draining but I guess some of the students already figured that out. I am running out of luck. I'm happy that I am with Aki. This is a whole new different world from what I am used to. I am glad I am making friends already. I guess this school is not going to be that bad at all...Then again, where is my cute uke?!

I have waited a year to be in this school. Ever since seeing those cute boys walking on the streets, I have daydreamed to be here and be with one of those boys--but this evil school turned those boys into macho men with their stupid sports requirement.

God, what did I do to deserve this? Are you testing me? All I want is a cute boyfriend...