Chapter 24

The semes are making their move! Poor Haru!

OMG Haru, make up your mind!

Usagi showed up out of the blue, what does he want now?!!!

I guess we shall see ;)

____________________________________

I was trying to simulate possible conversations with him. I know that I have to give him a proper answer. I had been trying to talk to him last week. He was being cold and didn't want to be bothered.

If he is reaching out now, I have to listen to what he has to say. I want to keep our friendship.

I went down the stairs and instantly recognized Usagi. He looked like his usual self. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

Misa: I'll leave you two alone.

My mom left while Usagi stayed by the front door.

Haru: Um...Hi...what made you visit me all of a sudden?

Usagi: We have to talk.

He became serious.

Haru: Ah, sure. I want to talk to you too...about that...

Usagi: Let's go somewhere private.

Haru: We can walk to the park.

Usagi: Okay, let's go to my car.

I went in to his car and we headed to the park.

Haru: This is not the direction to the park. Where are we going?

Usagi: To my house.

Haru: What?! I have to tell my mom first.

Usagi: I already asked her. She said its fine. I just have to bring you back by nine.

Haru: Ah...okay...

I was wondering why he would take me to his house. We could have talked anywhere if he was looking for privacy. I stared at him for a bit. There was this grim look on his face. I was trying to read him and the atmosphere. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He was staring blankly at the window. All I could do right now was to wait for him.

______________________________

We arrived at his house or should I say his mansion. His butler opened the car door for us and showed us to the front door.

Usagi: Let's go to my room.

I followed him. I was still confused. I really wanted to sort things out with him.

Usagi's room is as big as a two story house. The first floor looks like a luxurious living room. He has about four tall bookshelves filled with books. He has the top of the line TV set. From down below, you can see that his bedroom set was upstairs. It must be nice to be rich...

Usagi: Do you want anything to drink?

Haru: No, I'm good.

Usagi: You know, Haru. I've been thinking about you all day and all night this past week.

Haru: Um...about that...I was thinking about you too. I was out of words when I tried to talk to you.

Usagi: I am sorry too for being too cold. I was just giving you space to think. I don't want to be too pushy.

I see...

It finally made sense now. He didn't have to be so cold like that. He could have told me that he was giving me space to think. I would have understood him, but he chose to ignore my existence for a week.