Chapter 17

Hopefully, I don't run into weirdos.

If I see anyone, I'll just run as fast as I can and start screaming. I am in no condition to physically fight anyone. I'm still weak.

Aki's confession still troubles me.

I arrived at the lockers area and I saw Usagi in front of my locker.

Haru: Hey Usagi! What are you doing in my locker?! What on earth are you doing...

Usagi: I'm...just... -pauses- ...cleaning it.

Haru: What are those things in your hands?!

Usagi: Nothing, I was cleaning your locker. -throws away the things in his hands- It's nothing bad. I'm just cleaning the trash in your locker. People have been messing with you.

Haru: -digs through the trash can, takes one of the crumpled letters, opens and reads it- these are...confession letters. Why are you throwing these away?! Who gave you the right to look through my things?!

Usagi: I'm just trying to protect you... -looks away-

Haru: Protecting me from what?! What if the guy of dreams are one of these people...how can you do this to me, Usagi. How long have you been doing this!? I thought you were my friend... -cries, runs away-

Usagi: -grabs Haru's arms- Wait, Haru! You're misunderstanding the situation . I'm only here to protect you.

Haru: -surprised, becomes mad, continues to cry- Why...Usagi? You know that I'm looking for--

Usagi: -comforts Haru, wipes his tears- It's not like that...

Haru: -pushes Usagi's hand- Don't touch me! How could you...how could you do this to me...

Usagi: -sighs- Look, Haru...look at me... Please give me a chance to explain. You're getting the wrong idea. I wasn't trying to mess with you. I promise. I treasure our friendship--and I'm only doing these things to protect you. -pauses-

Usagi: I think you're oblivious to the fact that you're way too cute and charming. Please don't take offense on what I am about to say, but the dream uke guy that you have been describing is like you. -pauses-

Usagi: Remember your type? Super cute, innocent looking and have a nice butt uke-guy. You have all those things. -laughs- And those things are not the only reason why I like you. -pauses and gets nervous- Actually, I like everything about you--your laughs, your smiles and your never ending positivity. It makes me happy when I'm around you...And...

-pauses-

Usagi: All these thirsty guys want you--I just want all of you to myself.

-pauses-

Usagi: You just can't imagine what kind of perverted thoughts they're having when they look at you. It really pisses me off. I just want to punch each of them in the face. That's why I remain close to you to scare them off. I try not to leave you by yourself and I always keep my eyes on you...

Haru: What are you saying... -surprised-

Usagi: Haru, I'm...falling for...you...

-long pause-

Usagi: I never felt anything like this before. And I know that I'm not your type but please if you reject me... let's stay friends, okay? We'll forget all of this. I just want you to know that I really care for you and I only want you to be happy. -grabs Haru and hugs him tightly- It's okay if it's unrequited love--just let me be by your side.

-pauses-

Usagi: I envy you. You always do whatever it takes to get what you want...And now, I'm learning from you and I'm taking charge...I really want you...but I know that you don't want me and it's fine by me... There's a sliver of hope in my mind that my love will be return. I'm not obliging you to do anything. Please, just let me stay with you. But right now, I'm really sorry for what I am about to do. I can't help myself.

Usagi gently grasps me in...

...leans forward...

...and gives me a soft yet passionate kiss on the lips.

Usagi: -tears up and laughs- You've gotten better. -laughs-

Haru: -speechless and tries to push Usagi away- Usagi...

Usagi: -embraces Haru tightly- Let's stay like this for a bit...please...I beg you...

Haru: -shocked, speechless, heart skips a beat, continues to cry- Okay...

-silence-

Usagi: You don't have to say anything...it's a lot of things to take in and process... I'll take you home.

I was naive and clueless. I never could have imagined that Usagi felt like that. I was always rubbing it on his face that he wasn't my type. I was so heartless and inconsiderate--it was not entirely my fault. I assumed he was straight...or maybe he's in the same boat as Aki. They were just both confused.

I received two confessions in just one day...it was a great day but they were from the two people who weren't exactly my type.

The saddest part of all these: they were my good friends.

Usagi confessed to me and for some weird reason my heart skipped for a moment. What was wrong with me? I'm getting really confused.

I am like a princess with two princes fighting for my love.

I'm pathetic.

______