Chapter 2

~* Kasumi's POV *~

Once I reached the human world, I stood on top of a large building. I had no idea where Tomoe was. Great, just great. How am I supposed to find him? I smiled as I thought of something.

Five blue flames appeared before me. "Go find Tomoe," I ordered the fox fires. They scattered in different directions, trying to find my brother. I waited impatiently for what felt like eternally but then one of my fox fires appeared. "We have found Tomoe. He is at the Mikage shrine."

I ran towards the direction of the shrine, fearing the worst. What if Tomoe was captured by a god? What if he was being tortured? I was getting more worried by the second.

I slammed the doors opened to the shrine. There was a brown haired girl staring at me in shock, not expecting a visitor. I narrowed my eyes at the mark she had on her forehead. Land God.

I wrapped my hand around her throat and slammed her against the wall roughly. She gasped for air and struggled against me but it was useless. I was stronger than her.

"Where's Tomoe?" I growled loudly. Her eyes sparked with recognition. She knows my brother. She must have captured him! This damn Land God has my brother!

"Lady Nanami!" A little boy with a mask tried to pull me away. I skillfully kicked him making him crash to the ground. He was in the way.

I suddenly saw a flash of white before I was shoved off the Land God. I stood up and growled at the culprit, baring my fangs. My eyes widened as I noticed a familiar fox demon.

We stared at each other in shock. No way...

"Kasumi?" Tomoe asked. I smiled at my brother. Yep, that's him.

"The one and only," I smirked before tackling him to the floor with a hug. I embraced him tightly. Oh my god! He's grown so big!

"I missed you!" I exclaimed. He stood back up but with me clinging onto him. He chuckled at my childish behavior. "I missed you as well, Kasumi." I let go of him, a huge grin on my face. He hasn't changed a bit.

"Wow," the Land God murmured in shock. "Tomoe smiled. I never knew he could do that."

"Who's this?" I asked rudely, my eyes looking up and down at her frail body. I caught scent of her and I immediately knew. She's a human. I never knew land gods could be humans.

"I am Nanami," she introduced quietly. I could tell she was slightly afraid of me. There was a pink hand print around her neck from when I strangled her.

"Kasumi," I stated before resting my head on my brother's shoulder. Man, I am so tired!

"You are Tomoe's girlfriend?" Nanami asked curiously. I stared at her for a moment before bursting into fits of laughter. Ha! Who would ever date hot headed, impatient, rude Tomoe!?

"Is she okay?" Nanami asked worriedly. Tomoe nodded and stared at me in amusement as I rolled on the ground laughing loudly.

"Nanami, this isn't my girlfriend," he sounded disgusted. "Kasumi is my sister." I stopped laughing before standing up. I brushed the dirt off my kimono, little giggles escaping my mouth now and then. I can't believe she thought I was his girlfriend. I mean, yuck, how could I date my older brother? That would be just wrong.

"You have a sister!?" Nanami screamed in shock. I winced and covered my poor fox ears. Damn, this girl is loud.

"Shut up! Don't scream near my ears," I snapped, my temper flared dangerously. Nanami stared at me before nodding fearfully. I smiled to myself. I love it when people fear me. Isn't that weird?

"Kasumi, what are you doing here?" Tomoe asked curiously.

"You don't want me here?" I pouted slightly. He chuckled and shook his head. "That's not what I meant."

"Mikage sent me a message saying you were in trouble," I stated making Tomoe's eyes widened.

"Wait a second," I muttered narrowing my eyes at Nanami and Tomoe. There was a bond between them making me gasp.

"You are her familiar!?" I shrieked. Nanami nodded while Tomoe avoided eye contact.

"The great almighty Tomoe is serving a weak little human?" I giggled, finding it funny. Apparently, I was the only one.

"I was forced into it," Tomoe said bluntly. Nanami looked hurt for a second but went back to her usual self quickly. I nodded in acknowledgment. So, Nanami forced a kiss on Tomoe? That's just wrong.

"How long have you been her familiar?" I questioned.

"Only yesterday," Tomoe muttered, silently wishing yesterday never happened. Poor him... Having to serve a human land god. That must have ruined his reputation.

"Sucks to be you," I childishly stuck my tongue out making him growl angrily.

"I'm staying here for a few days, okay?" I asked Nanami, smiling brightly. She nodded, letting me stay here. I found an empty room in the shrine and made myself at home. I was resting when all of a sudden I heard a scream. I bolted out of my room.

I quickly ran in the direction I heard the scream. I saw Nanami hastily packing her things, her eyes glued to the TV. "What's wrong?" I questioned. She opened her mouth to respond but got cut off.

"Where do you think you are going?" Tomoe demanded as Nanami ran towards the door. She stopped and turned around, facing Tomoe.

"School. A famous pop star is there!" She said excitedly. I rolled my eyes. Teenage girls are so bothersome.

"You may not go," Tomoe stated. "Why not?" Nanami whined annoyingly.

"You bare the mark of the Land God. Yokai creatures will see it and attack you," I said bluntly, pointing to her forehead with my finger. Like Tomoe, my nail is tipped with a razor sharp claw so I was careful when I pointed to her head.

"Then why don't you go with me, Tomoe?" Nanami asked. "I am busy with shrine work!" he immediately protested.

"If you want to go badly, then I will let you," my brother sighed. "But on one condition."

He placed a ridiculous looking thing around her head that was shaped with cat like ears. I laughed. She looks funny! With that, she left school.

I sighed. She didn't even turn off the TV. I walked towards it to turn it off but stopped when I heard the news.

"The super-popular pop star, Kurama, has shockingly, amazingly, incredibly reported transferred here to Ujigami High School!"

I gasped as they showed a picture of Kurama. He looked exactly the same, gorgeous as ever. Tears welled up in my eyes as I remembered the day he left. I crumpled to the ground, my legs not able to hold me any longer. "Kurama," I whispered. I've been burying my feeling for him for so long. Why do they resurface now?

"Kasumi, what's wrong?" Tomoe asked worriedly, noticing my tears. I pointed to the TV. Tomoe stared at it for a second before his eyes hardened. "That damn tengu!"

He's back. He's here. I wonder if he remembers me. Kurama...