Chapter 18

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Kurama! Kurama!" I screamed in panic as his eyes wouldn't open. So much pain was written on his face and I wanted nothing more than to take it away.

The sword that was sticking out of his body was absolutely horrifying. This idiot! He knew he could die! Why the heck did he still do it? I can easily heal myself since I'm a powerful fox yokai but he... he...

He did this even though he knew he could die.

I grasped the sword and couldn't help the tear that escaped my eyes, "I'm so sorry!"

Yanking it out of his body, his eyes snapped open as a scream left his lips. I threw the cursed weapon away and held his face in my hands, relieved that he was still alive.

He smiled and gently caressed my cheek with his finger, "You're alright. That's a relief."

"Stupid," I muttered, "How can you say that when you are not fine?"

Placing an enchanted leaf on his wound, I murmured foreign words before it slowly began to heal. Tears of joy left my eyes, thankful that my spell had actually worked. It was a miracle that he was alive and I am definitely going to kick his ass later for being so stupid.

"Where's Nanami?" I questioned.

He rolled his eyes and pointed behind me. Glancing behind me, I scoffed at the scene. Tomoe had saw Nanami and panicked, now hiding in a clam. Nanami was screaming at him to come out but we all knew he was too stubborn for his own good. The Dragon King's wife had appeared and was scolding, well more like beating, some sense into her husband.

"Why would you shut yourself in there?! It's too late to hide now! I know everything!" Nanami shouted but stopped and sighed, softening her tone as she spoke.

"I went into the past and met the old you, Tomoe. I don't care if you won't open yourself up to me or if you won't touch me. I don't care... even if you have feelings for someone else."

Tomoe finally opened the clam. Nanami threw her arms around him, engulfing him into a warm hug. I could see the shock held in my brother's eyes as he could feel the warmth of her love, wrapping around him like a blanket.

"I'm not going to wait for my love to be returned. I don't care if you won't see me that way. Because I'll make you see me that way, someday. Even if you won't deal with me on that level, it won't change the fact that I have feelings for you. Let's go home, Tomoe."

It was so sweet to watch my brother slowly start to fall for Nanami. It was also quite surprising of how much Nanami loved Tomoe. Humans are... quite admirable I have to admit. But I had to ruin their sweet moment...

"Kawaii~!" I practically squealed, jumping up and down in excitement. Kurama chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me into a quick kiss.

He smiled and rested his head on mine, "I'm glad you're okay, Kasumi."

I pulled away with a smirk forming on my lips, elbowing him roughly while speaking arrogantly, "It takes more than that to bring me down."

He rolled his eyes, "And the old Kasumi is back."

Placing my hand on my hip in a bitchy manor, I raised my eyebrow, "Got a problem with that?"

Kurama laughed and shook his head, no. I nodded in approval before turning to the two love birds that were just staring at each other like they were the only two people in the world. If only Tomoe could realize his love for Nanami sooner...

Mizuki sauntered over to the two and ruined their moment, the unmistakable jealousy present in his snake like eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Tomoe asked distastefully.

Mizuki smiled, "Because I was worried about you, my big bro familiar. Let's take care of the shrine together!"

My brother and I completely froze, processing his words. Did he - Oh my...- Seriously? – Oh crap...

"WHAT?!" We shouted in perfect unison.

"You kissed her? As in, on the lips?!" I spluttered in shock, throwing my arms up to emphasis. "You nasty pervert! That's sexual harassment!"

All he did was send me a wink. I growled angrily, "Why you...!"

I lunged towards him but didn't have a chance to attack. Kurama wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me back. I struggled against his hold, "Let me at him! Let me at that damn perv!"

"Tomoe, Nanami, let's go home before Kasumi kills someone," Kurama called while dragging me kicking and screaming.

The Land God and my brother exchanged look before nodding, not wanting to face my wrath of Mizuki, "Agreed."

With that, we made our way back to land.

--- Next Day ---

I stripped out of my clothes, wearing only undergarments. Picking up my outfit for the day, I quickly changed into it before staring at myself in the mirror.

My outfit consisted of a tight black mini skirt with fishnet stocking and a white crop top. Jewelry was placed here and there to make myself look fancy and I had curled my hair to hide my fox ears. My tail was difficult to conceal but I finally found a spell that would make it disappear completely for a few hours.

I nodded in approval before making my way down stairs, spotting Kurama on the couch drinking coffee and watching himself on T.V. Rolling my eyes, I opened the fridge and scanned the foods. Grabbing the ingredients to make a sandwich, I got two pieces of bread and popped them in the toaster.

Sneaking up behind Kurama, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Morning, darling," I murmured, pecking his cheek. He tilted his head back to kiss my forehead before fixated his attention back on the T.V.

"Kurama, you didn't even say good morning to me!" I whined childishly. He acted like he hadn't heard me, too engrossed in watching himself in amazement. He loves himself way too much.

"Kurama!"

No answer.

"I'm hungry."

No answer.

"I'm cold."

Nada.

"Hello, from the other siiiiiide!"

Nothing.

"I'm pregnant, Kurama!"

He literally jumped off the couch and turned towards me, eyes wide. The color had drained from his face like he had seen a ghost. He stuttered his words, "S-Seriously?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to the front door, "Hurry up! We will be late for school."

Yes, you heard right. I decided to join Kurama's school, wanting to make sure all the fangirls don't make a move on him. Call me a possessive bitch or whatever but there is no way in hell a girl is touching, kissing or even staring at my Kurama.

Kurama quickly followed me, "No, but seriously are you pregnant?"

"Yes, honey, you are going to be a father."

"Oh my god! Seriously?! Holy shit! What the...!"

Thus began a very, very long car ride.