Chapter 26

~* Kurama's POV *~

Kasumi still hasn't woken up. It's been days. She was hospitalized in a supernatural hospital, the stench of blood coming from the blank white walls. She lay on the bed, so pale and fragile with a heart monitor proving she was barely alive.

We have no idea what to do. Nanami has tried to use a talisman to heal her. Tomoe screams at every doctor and threatens them. I've tried using every herb that has been passed down to me from my clan. Nothing works. She weakens everyday.

Tomoe, Nanami and I just sat in Kasumi's hospital room. I sat by her side, holding her pale hand. Nanami did her best to cheer us up but I guess that's her way to hide all the grief she's feeling.

A knock came from the door before one of the nurses, a mystical nymph with healing powers, came inside and told us, "You have a visitor asking permission to come in."

"Tell whoever it is to go away," Tomoe snapped. He's been extremely aggravated these past days, his calm composure completely shattered.

"But he's a god," the nymph stated.

This caught our attention. I stood up from my seat hastily, causing the chair I was sitting on to fall backwards. I demanded, "Which god?"

"Lord Ookuninushi."

I was running out of the door as those words were spoken, Tomoe and Nanami not far behind. Anger clouded my eyes. That damn god was the reason why she's like this. This is his fault. How did he even survive? I watched with my very eyes him getting buried in the debris along with Kasumi.

As I entered the waiting room, there was a lot of supernatural beings but only once stood out, his aura having a more superior one then everyone else's. The god stood in the midst of the people, not having a single scratch on his face. That only angered me further.

I took angry strides towards him, my fist clenched and a scowl on my face. Without even thinking, I grabbed him by the neck and lifted him above ground, using my tengu wings to slam him against the wall.

I sneered, "How the hell are you alive?"

He winced as my grip tightened, "I'm a God. I cannot die that easily."

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill you right here and now," I growled at him.

He uttered the words that gave me no choice but to spare him. "I know how to save Kasumi."

I reluctantly released him from my hold, letting him drop to the ground. I landed on my feet, tucking my wings in, keeping them hidden once more. Nanami had to hold back Tomoe who was absolutely livid. He almost was as angry as me.

"Let's speak in private, shall we?" Ookuninushi smiled.

We walked to Kasumi's room, locking the door behind us. Ookuninushi stared at Kasumi. He walked up to her bedside, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

I shoved him away, furious that he actually had the nerve to that, "Don't fucking touch her!"

"Now, tell us what you have to say before you face the wrath of my fire," Tomoe snarled, his eyes blazed with anger, seconds away from tearing the god to shreds.

Ookuninushi sighed and nodded, "Yokai's rank are below us gods. They are not suppose to try and harm gods. When Kasumi tried to kill me, she had tried to do something forbidden. Even worse, she tried to kill me in my own shrine. Her spirit is trapped in my shrine and cannot escape, unless someone takes her back."

"How do we get her back?" I demanded.

"You will have to travel in the spirit realm and save her before it's too late," he answered.

"What do you mean before it's too late?" Tomoe questioned.

Ookuninushi replied, "The spirit is slowly deteriorating, even as we speak. A yokai's soul cannot handle the aura of a powerful god's shrine, like myself. She will continue to weaken until there's nothing left of her."

"You bastard!" I lunged towards him, Tomoe and Nanami having to hold me back, "This is your fault!!"

"Calm down. As much as I want to kill him, he is the only God powerful enough to bring us to the spirit realm," Tomoe hissed lowly, making me stop struggling. He does have a point...

After calming down, I sighed and nodded. Looks we have no choice. We need his help whether we want to or not. To bring back Kasumi...

"You will bring all of us to the realm. And if it actually works, I might decide to not end your life," I said venomously, narrowing my eyes at him.

Okuninushi shook his head, "I can't."

"What!?"

He smirked, "I can only bring over one person."

"I'm going. I'm another God. I can bring her back. She's my best friend," Nanami stated, a look of determination crossing her face.

Tomoe protested, "There is no way you are going. I am. She is my idiot of a sister after all."

The two started bickering over who was going. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Those to argue like an old married couple. Just get together already! They two obviously have feelings for each other.

While they argued, I walked over to Okuninushi, speaking quietly, "Take me now."

"As you wish," he nodded, touching my forehead with his index finger. He closed his eyes in concentration before a bright light emitted from me. It started from where he touched before completely engulfing my body. I could hear Nanami and Tomoe yelling at me but they sounded far away, nothing but a distant echo. I felt like I was floating, my scenery melting away.

"Once you find her, call out my name," Ookuninushi's voice whispered in my mind, "I will bring both of you out of the spiritual realm. Good luck."

There was nothing but darkness and I was just endlessly falling into a black abyss. My tengu wings sprouted from my back and I stopped myself from falling. It was only then did I notice I wasn't alone. Many, many other people were falling into the pit, all screaming in despair. I had to cover my ears to preserve whatever hearing I had left.

I dove downwards. Soon enough, ground was coming up fast from underneath me. Using my wings, the air around my slowed down as I landed gently.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. I was back in the hospital, in Kasumi's room. Ookuninushi, Nanami and Tomoe were sitting down, all with worried looks in their faces.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked. No one looked at me. It was like they didn't even know I was there.

I placed my hand on Nanami's shoulder, only for it to go right through her. I can't touch anything. I watched in amusement as I punched Tomoe in the face, my fist going through his face. I chuckled.

I spotted my real body on the floor, just laying there. It looked like I was asleep yet my spirit was somewhere else.

Remembering what I came here for, I turned around, striding out the door. Determination settled within me, knowing that no matter what, I will bring her back. I leaped in the air, flying to the shrine with the powerful force of my feathered wings. I only hoped I wasn't too late.

Hold on, Kasumi. I'm coming to bring you home. 

A/N: Hey guys, I'm in Korea! So cool over here :) But it was a 14 hour flight ughhh. There are so many cute asian guys over here :P 

Sorry for the late update. I was sort of dying slowly of starvation on a plane ride that was foreeeverrrr. And with no wifi whatsoever. 

Vote, Comment, Fan :)