Chapter 7

~* Kasumi's POV *~

~Dream~

"Kurama!" I sang, trying to get his attention. He turned to me, a soft smile on his face. "Yes?"

"I want to go to the human world someday," I stated. His eyes widened in surprise. "I've been reading this book about these two humans and how they fall in love. The human world sounds wonderful!" I grinned as I recalled the book but the smile was short lived as I remembered something.

Tomoe doesn't want me to visit the human world. We argued about it just a while ago. He says it's too dangerous. I don't see how it is.

"But my brother won't let me go," I scowled, clenching my fists. Kurama placed his hand on mine and rubbed it soothingly making me unclench my hand.

"How about I make you a promise?" he smirked, rubbing his nose against mine lovingly. I nodded excitedly. I wonder what he will promise me.

"I promise that someday I will take you to the human world," he vowed. I grinned and jumped out of his lap.

"Really?" I asked hopefully, holding my pinkie out. He smiled and hooked his pinkie with mine, making our promise unbreakable. You can never ever break a pinkie promise! Call me childish but I believe that.

I giggled and pulled him into a sweet kiss.

"I promise, Kasumi."

~Dream Over~

I opened my eyes only to see a white ceiling. I rubbed my eyes, getting rid of the lingering sleepiness. I yawned and stretched before looking around. I was in a huge bedroom. Judging by the plain room, I'm guessing it's a boy's room. I threw off the covers and jumped out of the bed. Where the hell am I?

I opened the door and poked my head out. There was no one there. My ears perked as I heard movement going on downstairs. I pushed the door fully opened before noticing the smell of food. I practically drooled at the delicious scent and followed it.

I descended down the stairs, into the living room. My eyes widened as I noticed a beautifully arranged table in front of me. I gasped quietly. So much food!

"I see you're awake."

I turned around only to see a smirking Kurama. I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. He walked towards me and took my hand. He brought it up to his lips and kissed it sweetly. My cheeks turned pink. I grabbed my hand back and glared at him. He smiled at my reaction.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him expectantly. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yes, I do. Take a seat," he gestured towards the table. I rolled my eyes but complied. He pulled a chair out for me like a gentle man before I sat down. He took a seat across from me. I glanced at the tempting food. Now that I think about it, I never ate breakfast.

"You can eat whatever you like," Kurama said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I huffed angrily.

"I didn't come here to eat," I said coldly. "I thought you wanted to talk."

"Well, we can't speak on an empty stomach," Kurama smirked. I opened my mouth to insult him but the most embarrassing thing happened. My tummy let out a loud growl, demanding food. I blushed in embarrassment. Kurama chuckled, knowing he was right.

I sighed before picking up my fork. I poked the steak that had been cut up to pieces before bringing it into my mouth.

"Is it good?" Kurama asked, his eyes staring at me intently. I nodded, practically savoring the taste. This is delicious! Even better than Tomoe's cooking! I never even knew that was possible. I glanced at Kurama and I swear I saw him sigh in relief.

"It's okay, I mean. I would prefer Mac and Cheese though," I stated seriously. He rolled his eyes at me answer.

"You haven't changed, Kasumi. You're still very childish," he chuckled. I glared at him. I have changed! The old me was so innocent and nice. I've changed. My attitude took a turn for the worse.

"Yes, I have changed," I sneered. His eyes widened at my harshness. I abruptly stood up from my chair, my eyes clouded with anger. My temper was running thin. All the words that I wanted to say to him flew out of my mouth before I could even think.

"When you left, something in me snapped. That innocent girl is gone. She can no longer be pushed around," I said boldly, venom laced in my words. "When you left, I ran away from home! I went on a killing spree. The anger clouded my judgement. I killed villages! Men, women, children! That's how much control you have over me!"

Tears welled up in my eyes. I've never experience this much anger in my life once he left me. It led me to kill, it turned me into a monster. The stinging pain of loss turned me into what I am today. A cold hearted bitch.

"I'm a monster," I laughed psychotically.

Kurama stood up from his chair and suddenly pulled me into a hug. My eyes widened. The anger in me deflated, his warmth calming me down. I tried to pull away but my strength was weak making me completely vulnerable.

"You are not a monster," he whispered softly. I shook my head furiously.

"How could you say that!? I killed so many people," I cried. The pain I felt a long time ago suddenly resurfaced. I remember their screams as I killed them in cold blood. I wasn't happy so I wanted people to feel the same pain I felt. I turned into a sadistic killer.

"Hey, hey, look at me," he took my chin in his grasp and forced me to stare into his eyes. "Never say you are a monster. You are still the same Kasumi I fell in love with. I love you no matter what."

My eyes widened at his confession. He still loves me...?

I growled and shoved him away. His eyes held hurt at my rejection.

"You cannot just say that after you left!" I shouted angrily. His eyes narrowed at me.

"Do you even know why I left?" he snapped. I stared at him in surprise as he looked at me expectantly. I pondered over the thought for a moment. I never found out why he left...

"I never left you, Kasumi. I went to the human world to make arrangements so we could live here! You are the one who left me," Kurama stated. I gasped quietly. Oh my god...

I fell to my knees, my hands covered my face. I was so full of anger that I didn't even think about it. I ran away right after I found out he left. I should have known that he would have never left me!

"I killed them for no reason," I whispered in horror. I killed for no damn reason! They died because of my ignorance. I'm a monster...

Kurama's glare softened as he saw me tremble. He sighed and pulled me into his arms. He carried me into his arms, walking towards the stairs. I showed no reaction, still shocked about the truth. He walked into his bedroom.

Placing me on the bed, he tucked me into. He turned around to walk away but my hand shot out of nowhere and grabbed his arm.

"Can you stay with me?" I asked softly. He nodded and crawled into bed with me.

I rested my head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I sigh in content. I missed this warm feeling I got when I'm around Kurama. I missed him and him alone. Silence drifted throughout the room.

"Hey, Kurama," I said, my eyes closed.

"Yes, Kasumi?"

"I'm sorry," I said truthfully. I mustered up all the pride I could to say that. I'm not usually the apologizing type.

"I forgive you," Kurama stated.

I smiled and fell asleep in his arms.