Chapter 23

~* Kasumi's POV *~

I awoke in an unfamiliar room. I winced, feeling a dull ache in my mind then analyzed the room. Its walls were coated in a gold, the dazzling chandelier lighting up the place. The bed I was on was huge, lying in the middle of the room. Beautiful paintings were placed all around the room. Other revealing pure happiness, other showing the darkest emotions to bear.

Walking up to the one that caught my eyes, I stared at it. It was a gorgeous white fox, looking up into the night, a tear coming from its eye. I watched the painting play before me. A deep sadness wore down the fox, making each and everyday painful. Every night, it would look up into the heavens and feel the loss it has felt through the years. I couldn't help but to feel enchanted by the scene in front of me.

"Careful, stare too long and you will feel it too."

I snapped out of daze, my mood souring as I recognized that voice. Turning around, Ookuninushi stood with a pompous look on his face. I sneered at him baring my pointed teeth. He flippin kidnapped me! How dare he!

"Ooh, I'm so scared," he mocked a frightened tone, only angering me farther.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded, extending my claws, ready to attack.

"I want you," he stated simply.

"Yeah, and I want you to fall over and die. I guess we both don't get what we want," I growled, my eyes searching for an exit. There was one but I had to go around him in order to reach it. There was also a lock sealing it shut. Damn it. He just keeps on getting closer and closer to me, cornering me so I couldn't escape.

"Darling, admit it. I know you want me," he smirked.

I scoffed, "You're arrogant and delusional. Why would I want you?"

"I'm the god of wealth. What is there not to love?" he said in a smug tone.

"Your ugly face and shitty personality."

"Wow, aren't you just the perfect lady," he said sarcastically, talking about my cursing. Who cares if I act like a lady or not? He's not even worth my effort.

He pointed to my forehead where he had kissed it, staring deeply into my eyes with his breathtaking green orbs, "You have been marked by me meaning you are betrothed to me. Anyone who dares to touch what is mine will suffer the consequences. Including your beloved crow tengu."

Oh hell to the nawww, he did not just threaten my Kurama!

"What am I? An object!?" I snarled, narrowing my blazing slitted eyes, "You do not own me. You cannot own me. You do not even deserve me. Get your head out of the clouds before I fucking blow that delusional head of yours off your own body!"

"You may be my beloved but I will not allow you to speak to me like that!" he shouted furiously. I flinched from the loudness of his voice. He sounded so angry and his voice held raw power, the need to obey strong. Stupid god power thing. "Keep in mind that my rank is much greater than yours! I can easily make you my familiar, forever binding you to me but I am kind enough to let you keep your freedom!"

My eyes widened in fear. If he made me his familiar, I will have no choice but to eternally serve him. I would have no power over what I do. I would always have to follow what he ordered, no matter what. I would be stripped of my free spirit. That is something I must avoid. I wouldn't even be in control of my own actions. I would forever be trapped with him.

I submissively hung my head low, clenching my fist angrily. He nodded in approval, twirling strands of my hair with his finger. I wanted nothing more than to move away from his touch but the thought of being his familiar was worse.

"Good, you get it. I have duties as a God to attend you. But at night, I'm all yours," he whispered in my ear before leaving me alone but not before locking the door behind him. I shuddered in disgust. Pervert.

Kurama, Tomoe and Nanami probably already noticed I am gone. I feared that since Ookuninushi is a powerful God and has many subjects and allies, they would get hurt in the process of saving me. Or worse. I have to escape by myself before things get out of hand. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me.

Blue flames emitted from my body. Anger was burning within me. This feeling was familiar. I had felt the same way when I had thought Kurama had left me, leading me to burning villages down. But this is different. I will protect the ones I care about.

I will not let anyone get hurt. Especially Kurama. I narrowed my eyes at the door, a plan forming in my hand. It was risky and really, really dangerous. But who cares? Ookuninushi deserves whatever is coming for him.

I might not get out of this alive but one things for certain, that God who thinks so highly of himself will not live to the the light of day again. I will personally ensure that. Either he will die, or I will take him down with me.

My lips tugged into a sinister grin, my powerful fox fires destroying everything in its path.

Let's burn this motherfucking place down. 

Vote, Comment, Fan :)