Chapter 4

~* Kurama's POV *~

I pulled my hand away for she had disappeared. I was this close to reaching her but I failed. I sighed as I remember her angelic face.

She must have been heartbroken when I left. I went to the human world to make arrangements for me and Kasumi's life together. She has always wanted to live there but she was not allowed in the human world, for her older brother did not let her.

But once I got back, I found out she had left because of me. She thought I had left her but I did not. I searched for her yet failed to bring her home. My deepest regret is not taking her to the human world with me. She might have not run away. Now, she hates me even though she still has my heart.

I walked back to class, my eyes narrowed angrily. I was very mad at myself. I decided to take out my anger on a class mate named Nanami. She is an amusing girl.

I smirked as she took out the money I had planted in her pocket. She stared at it in shock, wondering how it got in there. I took out my wallet and pretended to look through it.

"What the..? I'm missing three Yukichis," I stated, making girls instantly crowd around me. They looked at me worriedly. These girls are so gullible. One look at me and they are goners. "Well, I guess 30,000 is no big deal," I leaned back in my chair, twirling a black feather in my hand.

"Hey, does anyone know what happened to Kurama's money?" a human girl asked from behind me. I smiled inwardly, my plan in motion.

"Miss Momozono, where did you get that money?" another girl asked, noticing the money in Nanami's hand. Nanami looked at her, not knowing what to say.

"That's exactly 30,000 yen."

"Weird, isn't it?"

"Maybe she swiped it from Kurama's wallet."

"After all, her family is..."

"Hold on a second," I interrupted, standing up from my seat. "I just remembered. I gave her that 30,000 because she didn't have money for bread. Right, Nanami?" I smiled cunningly. She stared at me in disbelief, knowing I was lying. I smirked, I had won.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a familiar fox demon and some people behind him. My eyes widened as I took a step back. Tomoe? Kasumi's brother...

Tomoe apologized for taking too long before setting up her lunch. It wasn't Tomoe that had my attention but his sister beside him.

Kasumi was dressed in a beautiful traditional silk kimono that was a mesmerizing shade of purple. She walked with such grace that it blew my breath away. A fan was in her hand, slowly cooling her down. She waved it around, her alluring aura becoming stronger. I almost snapped when all the boys in the class stared at her.

"And if I might have everyone's attention," Tomoe said, looking at the class. "Lady Nanami is our cherished lady and mistress. If any of you speak to her or treat her with disrespect, you will answer to me."

"As will I. She may not be my Lady but she is a dear friend of mine. If you hurt her, you will have to deal with me," Kasumi spoke icily yet had a soft smile of her face. I was taken back by her attitude. She was never like this when we were together. She was always sweet, innocent and happy. Nanami stared at them, tearing up a little.

"Master Kurama, the three bills you purposely lost they appear to be on the floor near your feet aren't they?" Kasumi smirked. I looked down and to my surprise, they were there. How did she...?

"To all of you, her classmates, I humbly ask that you look after our Lady Nanami," Tomoe and Kasumi bowed.

My eyes widened as she got up to leave. I went to go chase after her but she turned around and glared at me. I froze, I couldn't move. What the hell?!

She sent a venomous stare before leaving. Once she left, I could finally move. She has discovered a new ability? She can make people freeze just by looking at them. I sighed, taking a seat in my desk. If only Kasumi would let me talk to her, I can explain. Explain to her why I went to the human world.

~* Kasumi's POV *~

I sighed as I entered the Mikage shrine. I plopped on the couch and closed my eyes, exhausted from today's event. I couldn't help but feel guilty for using my power on Kurama. I shook my head, trying to erase those thoughts. He deserved it for after what he's done. He left me...

"Kasumi?" I opened my eyes to see Tomoe, staring at me worriedly.

"Leave me alone," I muttered, waving him off. I accidentally whacked his head making him growl. Oopsies...

"Would you like me to kill that damn yokai?" Tomoe questioned, acting like a protective older brother. I shook my head, no. For some odd reason, I don't want him to die. I hate him yet I don't want to see him dead. Weird, right?

"You know, I take it back. If you were my familiar, I wouldn't kill you," I smiled, changing the subject. He scoffed. "You wouldn't be worthy of my abilities," he said smugly. I rolled my eyes. He's too arrogant for his own good.

My fox ears twitched as I heard noise coming from outside. Tomoe heard it too but chose to ignore it, saying dinner was more important. He walked away, going to make the preparations.

I walked outside, my fluffy white tail swinging behind me. Looking around, I spotted a familiar looking butterfly. It was the same one that had visited me in the underworld. A man with glasses stood behind it, staring at me. I'm guessing that is Mikage.

"Hello, Kasumi," he greeted. "I am Mikage." I knew it!

"Why did you say that my brother needs help when he doesn't?" I asked, curious of his answer.

"I've erased his memories. I need you to keep him from remembering," he stated. My eyes widened. He erased my brother's memories? How dare he!

"Your brother had fallen in love with a human and when she died, he was devastated. He was going to die so I erased his prior love life," he said. Tomoe fell in love? When?

"I need you to make Tomoe fall in love with Nanami," Mikage requested. "So when his memories return, he won't care that much for he will love Nanami."

I nodded hesitantly. Nanami is a nice girl. She would be perfect for my brother, I wouldn't have to worry about him cheating on him or anything. But there was one problem.

"I don't think Tomoe will fall in love with her," I said, knowing how my brother is. He's heartless, he has no time for love. He also hates human.

Mikage smiled before disappearing, leaving me alone. Great, just great. He just left me alone! I sighed wearily. I walked back into the shrine, collapsing right on the spot. With that, I fell asleep on the floor, completely exhausted.