Chapter 16

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"It's the ocean!" Nanami gasped in amazement, gazing at the beautiful scenery. The sun reached its highest peak, the sunlight reflecting the blue water and the weather was breezy. The beach wasn't over crowded, the right amount of people at the right time. Ami was here, looking absolutely adorable with her childish floaty. For some reason, she couldn't swim. Kei's long dark orange hair cascaded past her shoulders and her dark bathing suit contrasted with her creamy skin.

I wrapped my arms around Kurama's neck, leaning towards his ear. He decided to tag along, wanting to 'keep the boys away'... his exact words.

"Can you take off my shirt?" I whispered slyly. I was currently wearing a white crop top and midnight blue shorts, underneath was my bathing suit. It was a gorgeous one piece, revealing in every way. A hole shaped like a diamond showed off my belly button and a little of my flat stomach. The top half of my back was completely bare, only two thin straps criss-crossing which held up the swim suit up.

Kurama smirked before slowly moving his hands downwards, playing with the hem of my shirt. I pulled away from his ear and pulled him into a kiss, wanting to show every girl on this beach who he belonged to. His lips moved against mine as he gradually pulled my shirt off, exposing my bathing suit.

"Hey! Get a room, you two!" Kei shouted jokingly, yanking us apart. Nanami and Ami were blushing madly while Tomoe looked absolutely furious. I don't even know why my brother had to come but he came which I found surprising. There was a snake named Mizuki who came along, his piercing green eyes making me shudder secretly. I've always hated snaked.

"You're just jealous because you're not getting any," I said smugly. She scoffed and looked at her phone, ignoring my snarky comment.

I fixated my attention back on Kurama who was raking his eyes up and down my body. I smiled flirtatiously watching as he took off his shirt, simple yet sexy red swimming trunks clinging to his waist.

He laced his hand with mine before kissing my forehead sweetly; murmuring to me, "Let's swim."

~*~

I squealed in surprise as Kurama grabbed my waist, lifting me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I giggled uncontrollably, my stomach starting to hurt. "Put my down, you old scallywag!"

He chuckled and shook his head stubbornly, not wanting to let me go. I huffed in annoyance before smacking his ass. He flinched away, looking back at me with a mischievous look. Uh, oh...

I yelped as his palm made contact with my derriere. I raised my head and glared at him, ordering him silently to put me down this instant. He complied and put me down, the water reaching just below my hips.

I huffed in annoyance before splashing his face, soaking his carefully styled hair. I swear, he stares at the mirror longer than an average teenage girl. He spends like an hour on his hair. Just on his hair!

His eyes widened in surprise as he felt the water dripping onto his eyelashes. He glared at me, mouthing the word, "Run."

I squeaked in fear before running as fast I could. It was very difficult; sprinting in water is harder than it looks. I spotted Ami and Nanami chatting while casually swimming. They were pretty far from the shore.

I jumped behind Nanami, hiding myself from an angry tengu.

"Kasumi?" she asked in confusion, "what are you-"

"Shh!" I hushed, as Kurama swam by, thinking I had swam to shore. Once he was out of sight, I sighed in relief, coming out of my hiding spot.

"What's going on?" Ami asked, lying down on her cute floaty.

I smiled sheepishly, "I needed to hide from Kurama. I splashed him in the face and he was chasing me."

They giggled at my little scheme. We talked for a little, me chiming in now and then. I was starting to like Ami even though I practically hated humans. She was way too sweet for her own good!

"I'm going to get some water. I'll be right back," Nanami said before leaving us alone.

We were far from the beach, the water so deep I couldn't feel the bottom. I wasn't worried though. Unlike Tomoe, I actually loved to be in the ocean. I was slightly worried for Ami though, knowing she couldn't swim. I leant my arm on her floaty, keeping myself from drifting away.

For some reason, I felt like we were being watched. I looked around suspiciously but didn't see anyone, or anything. Most of the humans were at the shore while we were pretty far from that. I shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing more than my paranoia acting up.

"What's it like?" Ami suddenly questioned.

I titled my head in confusion, "Huh?"

"Being Tomoe's sister," she clarified, "what's it like?"

"Frankly, it's a pain in the ass," I said dryly making her laugh at my grim expression.

"I noticed how you two were avoiding each other," she observed. The fight Tomoe and I had at the Mikage shrine popped up in my mind. That was the most serious argument we had in a long time. I was surprised that she had noticed me and my brother's distant demeanor.

"We had a little disagreement," I said vaguely, not wanting to give any details.

Ami nodded understandingly, "I hope you two work it out. Brothers and sisters always work it through."

Brothers and sisters always work it through, huh? If only she knew how complicated our relationship really was. I recalled a time when we were incredibly close. When we were little, we spent every waking moment together. "Demon kitsunes," is what me and Tomoe were called. He and I were quite the trouble makers in our village. But then, we became distant when we reached our teenage years. We cared for each other but we just had a weaker relationship. I don't think it can ever strengthen.

"I hope you're right," I stated. She sent me a warm smile.

"Ooh, pretty fish!" Ami squealed, paddling after a small sea creature. I laughed at her childish actions and watched her swim slowly.

Sometimes I envied humans. They were so care free. They had no idea how dark the world really is. Filled with demons and gods. They had no knowledge of that. But I loved how they could recover easily. Nanami was brave and strong, picking herself up after Tomoe's rejection.

"Where is Nanami?" I wondered aloud, turning towards the far away shore. I saw Nanami swimming over here. She saw me looking and waved.

"Hey, Ami," I turned around. "Nanami is-"

I stopped mid-sentence. Ami was nowhere to be seen. I could see her floaty, alone in the water. She can't swim without it! My eyes widened in panic. "AMI!"

I concentrated on my surroundings, trying to sense anything, anything at all. My suspicion was confirmed as I felt a supernatural presence underwater. I growled in frustration, knowing whatever took Ami was under the water. I had to get her.

"Nanami!" I yelled, "Go get Kurama and Tomoe! Ami is missing!"

She gasped in shock, worry evident in her eyes.

Something suddenly wrapped around my leg and grasped it tightly. "What the...!"

I screamed as I was dragged under. Dark blue water filled my line of vision. The sea water entered my mouth making me clamp it shut. I held my breath and tried to escape whatever was holding me.

"Kasumi!" I heard Nanami shout from above.

I could feel myself become drowsy. Not being breath took a toll on my body. I wanted to fight my captive but how can I fight something that I can't see?

My eyes flew shut. Blackness was that could be seen. I could feel a presence coming near me, a strong eerie feeling settled in me.

"Tomoe's little sister, ey? What a surprise!"

That was the last thing I heard before I slipped into unconsciousness. 

Vote, Comment & Fan! :)