Chapter 15

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"How about this one?" Nanami asked shyly, turning around.

It was a gorgeous white two piece. The top half was strapless, bejeweled in the center. The bottom was outlined with silver. It contrasted well with her skin, showing off her body. It was quite revealing I have to admit but it made her look like a goddess. Well technically, she already was.

"Yes! We are getting that for you!" I cheered, happy that she was smiling for once. Nanami glanced at the price tag before she froze in place becoming awfully pale.

"Its 12060 yen!" she gasped in shock. "Way too expensive!"

I snatched the swim suit away from her as she was about to put it back. She tried to take it back but I dodged her hands.

"Nanami, it's okay. I'll pay for it. Besides, Kurama's the one who gave me the money," I reassured, not wanting her to worry. This is all to make Tomoe regret rejecting her. I don't care about money at this point.

"Thank you," she grinned, tearing up slightly.

We wandered around in the mall, trying to find some clothes. Nanami insisted on buying me a few outfits since all I had was kimonos and yukatas. I have to be honest, I don't like her girly style but I played along, knowing how much she needed a distraction.

I smirked as I noticed a sexy lingerie store.

"Let's go in there," I told Nanami. Her eyes widened in shock before she shook her head no frantically. I had to practically drag her kicking and screaming.

She blushed madly as I showed her a see through laced baby doll dress. She protested immediately but being the awesome friend I am, I bought it for her secretly. You're welcome, Nanami!

"We ready to leave?" I asked, holding my shopping bags. She nodded, also carrying her bags. I called Kurama's driver then got inside. With that, we drove to the Mikage shrine.

~*~

I was practically seething with fury as we finally reached our destination. Nanami had to calm me down before I could face my brother. He had no idea how much she cried because of him. There's no way he's off the hook.

"Nanami, I think you shouldn't be here when this happens. It's dangerous," I warned. By the time I'm finish, I don't think the shrine would be standing anymore.

"No, I'm not leaving," she protested, her voice firm. I sighed but nodded. We got out of the limo before entering the Mikage shrine. I took deep breaths, trying to suppress my anger which was not working at all.

"Nanami, where have you-"

Tomoe froze and stopped mid-sentence as he saw me at the door way, a dark aura surrounding me. He knew how violent I was when I'm angry. Hell, he lived through my violent actions. It's about to get ugly really fast.

"What the hell were you thinking, Tomoe? You almost killed her!" I snarled, taking angry steps towards him.

"I cannot return her feelings. You know that better than anyone. She was merely spurting out those things on a whim," he retorted.

"A whim you say?" I asked darkly. "Confessing to someone is a whim?!"

I lunged towards him, tackling Tomoe to the ground. My hand wrapped around his throat and squeezed tightly. He bared his fangs at me as I did the same.

"For the first time in my life I am ashamed of you! I always thought of you as my protective brother who cared for me but seeing how you treat Nanami, I don't know who you are anymore," I seethed. His glare softened and hurt was evident in his eyes. This was the first time we fought like this. Yes, we fought a lot but they were over measly things. This was important.

"Kasumi," he said softly. I sneered at him making his shut up. I let go of his throat and stood up, my narrowed eyes still on him.

"Nanami is going to the beach with me. I know how you can't go into the ocean but if you have any ounce of kindness in your heart, come to protect Nanami," I spoke venomously. With that, I turned around and walked towards the door.

"Kasumi," Tomoe tried to stop me but I turned around and glared.

"And don't you think I will forgive you for putting her life on the line. Don't you dare speak to me at the beach because I promise you, I will ignore you," I vowed, my voice cold. I saw his pained face one last time before walking away.

We've never fought like this. It actually broke my heart to say those things but it was true. He was heartless and he isn't the caring protective brother anymore. What did I expect? I haven't seen him in centuries and once I returned, he wasn't the same. He grew heartless and cruel. I guess it runs in the family because I'm like him except crueler and wicked. I'm worse.

Something flickered at the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw a familiar blue shimmering butterfly, fluttering through the air. No way... is it who I think it is?

"It's been a long time, Kasumi," Mikage appeared in front of me. A small smile graced his lips and a look of pity settled in his eyes.

"I'm guessing you saw the fight," I sighed, thinking about the pained look of my brother's face as I walked away. Mikage nodded, a sad look evident on his face.

"Look, I appreciate you looking out for Tomoe but this is family business now. It's between me and him. It has nothing to do with you so I think you should just leave us alone," I said harshly. I was angry and he was the only person I could let off some steam on.

"Oh, Kasumi," the former land god smiled. "Yes I saw the fight but I'm not here for Tomoe or Nanami."

I titled my head in confusion. What is he doing here then?

"I came to warn you," he stated. "There is a powerful god that is growing quite fond of you."

I stared at him for a moment. A god...? Fond of me...?

"Be careful from now on," he warned, fear laced in his voice. "You can never underestimate a god."

"Which god?" I questioned. I've dealt with Gods before but they weren't that powerful. The way Mikage talked about him made it sound like he was the most powerful being on Earth.

"I cannot say. I apologize," Mikage stated. I rolled my eyes at his vague answer. Gods are always too secretive and mysterious. It gets on my nerves.

"Until next time, Kasumi; farewell." And just like that, he vanished, getting lost in the wind.

I stared at the spot where he used to be. Surprise and confusion settled in me and even fear. A powerful god, huh? That sounds like a lot of trouble... more trouble that I cannot handle.

~*~*~

Author's note

I'm so very very sorry for not updating in a month. I don't want to make up excuses but I am very busy these days. I cannot constantly update my books like a used too. 

I updated twice to make up for the time. I hope you've enjoyed. 

Thanks for the 1K readers! I practically squealed and ran around the house like a mad woman XD

Vote, Comment & Fan!