Chapter 19

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Is it a girl? Or maybe it's a boy? Oh, what if it is twins?!" Kurama was currently having a mental breakdown at the moment. I think I took it a little too far this time. Oops, my bad.

The limo was filled with Kurama panicking about being a father but he looked quite excited and I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't true. Did he really want to be a dad that bad?

I sighed in annoyance before finally facing him, "Look, I am not actually pregnant."

He blinked in surprise before his whole cheerful demeanor crumbled. I panicked as his eyes filled with sadness looked away from me, sulking silently.

"Hey," I said softly while sitting on his lap, "But that doesn't mean we can't make it happen."

He looked at me in shock and was going to speak but I silenced him with a kiss. Smiling against my lips, his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me impossibly closer. My fingers wounded up in his soft, silky hair and things started to become heated. Poor driver of the limo... he's probably scarred for life.

The door opening stopped our heated moment. The driver froze in place as he knew what we were doing. I also took notice in the hundreds of school girl fans that were staring at Kurama and I in surprise. Some of them fainted while other glowered in envy. High school here I come.

I adjusted my crop top as Kurama stepped outside, the sound of squealing and screaming hurting my ears. He held out his hand for me to take before leading me outside. I glared at all the girls who had their eyes on Kurama, making them all look away.

"Why aren't you wearing your school uniform?" Kurama demanded, "All the boys are staring at you."

The jealous look on his face looked absolutely adorable. He narrowed his eyes at the boys who stared at me, scaring the poor human to death. I had to admit though, my outfit was quite revealing.

I smiled innocently, "I didn't receive a uniform yet."

Besides, I don't want to look like a walking orange... because seriously, their uniforms are hideous.

"Kasumi!" Nanami came into view. She squealed and engulfed me into a warm hug. I laughed as she pulled away.

She pouted, "Why didn't you tell me you were going to this school?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise."

Hooking her arms with mine, she dragged me towards the classroom. I looked back at Kurama for help but he just chuckled and waved goodbye, letting me get whisked away by this annoyingly nice girl.

~*~

I banged my head against the desk repeatedly, groaning, "I hate school."

We learned math, science, history, etc. I felt like I learned so much my head is going to explode! How can humans handle this abuse? This is only my first day and I already want to kill myself.

"Who doesn't hate it? Why did you go in the first place? You could have hired a private tutor, Mrs. I'm Dating A Celebrity," Kei smirked, texting on her phone at the same time. I sent her a sarcastic smile, "At least I have one."

"Guys, doesn't it feel like everyone is looking at us?" Ami said nervously, glancing over her shoulder and indeed, everyone was staring at us and was whispering amongst themselves. Nanami nodded.

"It's because she is dressed like a hooker," Kei gestured towards me. I gasped, "I am not!"

... What is a hooker again?

"Kei!" Nanami slapped her across the head, "Don't be so rude!

The sound of the door opening followed by screeching and squealing was heard. I looked up and saw Kurama and Tomoe, walking in. Jealousy consumed me as girls fangirled over him, each trying to get his attention. The same look crossed Naname's face as she saw they were doing the same thing to Tomoe.

Kurama's eyes met mine. He smiled and winked. My cheeks flushed before I looked away, flipping my hair to the side.

Kei's phone beeped and she looked at the text. Her face lit up at the sight.

"Hey, you two with no boyfriends," she called Nanami and Ami, "There's a mixer set for this weekend. Y'all are going with me, okay?"

"What? B-But-"

"Kei! No way!"

Kei looked at me and smiled, "You are coming too because I need you to attract the guys for us!"

I shrugged, "Why not?" It could be fun.

... What is a mixer again?

Someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around and saw Kurama, smiling but his eyes looked furious. He put a hand on my shoulder and said fake sweetly, "May I borrow her for a moment?"

Before they could respond, he dragged me outside the class and into an empty room. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him expectantly as he locked the door behind him.

"Something wrong?"

He practically exploded, "Yes! Why the hell are you going to a mixer?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You were listening to our conversation?"

"Don't change the subject!"

"I'm helping my friends," I stated.

"No! You can't go! There is no way I will let you attend that mixer! It's dangerous," he glared, his voice stern.

"What?! You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can and I will. What if something happens to you? I read one time that this girl was harassed by a guy at a mixer. And then the boys will be all over you! A mixer is meant for single people! You are by no chance single, Kasumi! You are with me and there is no way in hell I am sharing you!"

I stared at him in shock. His eyes were blazed with anger and I could start to see him shift into his tengu form. We yokai's can change into our true self if we experience high emotions. I smiled, understanding what was going on, and placed a soothing hand on his chest.

"Awe, you are jealous," I giggled, "That's adorable."

"I am not!"

"You are too!"

"Not!"

"Are too!"

"Okay, okay, maybe a little," he looked away, trying to hide his pink cheeks. I inwardly squealed at how cute he looked this moment. He acted like an adult usually but is truly childish at heart.

"I am still going to that mixer, Kurama. I want to help Nanami, Ami and Kei get boyfriends. I don't always want it to just be me and you as the happy couple. That's not fair," I said and placed a butterfly like kiss on his nose.

He sighed and buried his face in my neck and whined immaturely, "Whyyy?? I like being the happy go lucky couple."

"Because, unlike us, romance doesn't come easily for some people, darling."

( *cough* my life *cough* ~ Author-chan T-T )

Vote, Comment & Fan!