Chapter 13

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Kasumi," a familiar voice called my name.

My body was burning. It was so unbelievably hot. It was unbearable. I couldn't open my eyes. I felt like I was dying.

"Kasumi," the voice whispered sweetly.

I know this voice. His voice... velvet and soft. Kurama? Please tell me that's you.

"Kasumi, I'm here."

I finally had the strength to open my eyes. Kurama's face was the first thing I saw. I smiled, my cheeks flaring with heat. I was panting slightly, my body on fire. My mini self was practically coated with sweat. He stared at me in worry and placed a wet towel on my head. I closed my eyes briefly before opening them again, afraid this was a dream. But I could still see Kurama's face.

"You turned into an awfully cute thing, Kasumi," he smiled. I giggled at this, lightening the mood. I tried to sit up but I winced as a migraine appeared. Kurama sighed and carried me into his arms. I snuggled into his chest.

I noticed how Tomoe was lying down on the bed with Nanami watching him. He was still unconscious which worried me. I blushed in embarrassment as Kurama started to rub my back, treating me like a baby. Oddly, it felt good. It somehow soothed the pain.

He pulled away and held me in front of him.

"Here eat this, it will help you temporarily," Kurama handed me a red pill. "Careful though, it's very bitter."

I opened my mouth. He dropped it inside, acting like he's feeding a child. I chewed on it slightly before my nose scrunched up. It tastes very, very bitter. I feel like I'm going to puke!

I cuddled back into Kurama's chest. The fever was slowly lifting and there was no burning sensation anymore.

"Thank you," I whispered. Kurama smiled and nodded. "Anything for you, Kasumi."

~*~

"So we have to get the mallet back in order to turn them back?" Nanami questioned. Kurama nodded.

I was still in Kurama's arms. The fever was at it again. The pill had worn off. I winced and teared up slightly from the pain. Kurama stared at me in worry and held me tightly.

"The reason they are like this is because their yokai power cannot settle in a body like this. They need their bodies back," Kurama stated making Nanami frown.

"It hurts," I whimpered, clutching my head. Nanami turned to me with a look of sadness. 

"Why does Kasumi have a more severe reaction than Tomoe?" she asked. I bit my lip, trying to get rid of the pain but all I did was draw blood from my lip.

"Kasumi has stronger yokai powers, that's why," Kurama said, caressing my fox ears. I clutched onto his shirt, the pain growing worse by the second. I am going to kill Narukami for this!

"Kasumi, are you okay?" Tomoe asked. Unlike me, he feels better. He has weaker yokai powers than me so the pill lasts longer for him.

"No, I'm not," I whimpered, my head feeling like it's about to explode. I breathed in and out heavily, breathless from the fever. Tomoe sighed, completely helpless in this situation.

Kurama's phone rang. He had an annoyed look as he answered it. I couldn't concentrate on their conversation, the pain weakening my concentration. Before long, he hung up.

"I have a concert but I think I will cancel it," he stated. My eyes widened. He would do that... for me?

I shook my head no, protesting. "You have to go. There are people waiting for you."