Chapter 6

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Wake up Kasumi!"

I groaned in annoyance and buried my face in my pillow and pulled the covers over me, waving the person away.

"Go away," I shouted but it came out muffled from the pillow. The person sighed before yanking the blanket off me. I snapped my eyes open, narrowing them at Nanami. Why is she always waking me up? Does she not know what go away means?

"You're going to be late for your date with Kurama," she smiled, her voice coated with sweetness. I glared at her but complied, getting out of bed. I knew I shouldn't have told her. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

"It's not a date," I grumbled, still cranky. She rolled her eyes and shoved me into the restroom. She's really getting on my nerves...

"Take a shower! You stink," she yelled from behind the door. I scoffed and kicked the door angrily. She's the one who needs a bath!

I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower. The scalding water cascaded down my back as I took a hot shower, thinking about Kurama. What will happen today? Does this count as a date? I shook my head, trying to erase these thoughts. This is not a date. He will probably apologize and make a pathetic excuse about why he left me. Maybe he has a real important reason why he left. That hopeful thought made happiness wash over me.

I turned off the shower and dried myself off with a fluffy towel before wrapping a robe around me. I quickly combed me hair as well as my tail. I growled angrily as my comb got stuck again while combing my tail. I swear, my tail is even worse than my hair!

I walked out of the bathroom, going to my room for clothes. Nanami was waiting there impatiently, tapping her foot obnoxiously. She noticed me and her face brightened. She has an annoyingly go-lucky personality. She never gets mad! Well, only at Tomoe. Does she like him or something?

"Finally! I chose your outfit," she gestured towards the outfit on the bed. I glanced at it before immediately protesting.

"Why do I have to dress up? I wanted to just wear a comfy kimono!" I whined, not wanting to wear what Nanami picked out. It made me look like every preppy high school girl going on a date with their boyfriend. News flash! Kurama isn't my boyfriend!

She smiled, ignoring me and walked out the door, giving me no time to argue. I sighed, exasperated. Nanami is like a sister a never wanted. But still, you gotta love the girl for her caring personality. I haven't met someone like her in centuries.

Nevertheless, I slipped on what she picked. It was denim ripped white shorts and a pink tank top. I narrowed my eyes at the bright pink shirt. I am definitely not wearing that. I took it off and opened my wardrobe, trying to find something else. My eyes scanned the mostly filled with kimonos wardrobe before I found the perfect shirt.

It was a black shirt that contrasted with the white shorts. Written on the shirt was, 'Unicorns Do Exist, Bitch'. This is probably the only shirt I own. The rest are kimonos. I smiled before slipping on the shirt. I had no need for makeup, fox demons already possess the trait of beauty. I frowned as my fox ears kept sticking up no matter what I do. I sighed, picking out a maroon beanie to hide me ears. Tomoe is lucky. Since he's a boy, he can hide them easily with an enchanted leaf. Girls can't use that trick for some reason.

I went to the kitchen where Nanami and Tomoe were bickering about what should be served for lunch. I guess I missed breakfast...

"I don't want mushroom soup!" Nanami said firmly. Tomoe kept stirring his pot, not making eye contact with her.

"It is healthy for a human," my brother said simply. She huffed in annoyance before they finally noticed my presence. Am I that invisible?

"Why did you change the shirt I chose for you?" Nanami whined, staring at me with disproving eyes. She read the shirt before her eyes widened, her jaw dropped. Tomoe smirked, already knowing what kind of dark style I have when it comes to fashion.

"I like it," I shrugged, glancing at the time. It's almost 12, the car should be coming soon. I quickly slipped on black laced flats, getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" Tomoe questioned, sprinkling salt and pepper into the pot. I stared at him in shock. I completely forgot to tell him! He is going to be pissed when he finds out! Okay, Kasumi, think. Just come up with a lie. I opened my mouth to respond but someone beat me to it.

"She's going on a date with Kurama," Nanami smiled, answering for me. I glared at her. Tomoe's eyes widened in surprise before they were clouded with anger. Gee, thanks a lot Nanami. Not.

I sighed in relief when I noticed a limo pull up near the shrine. Thank god it came earlier than I expected. Lucky me. Wait, I thought it was going to be a car! Oh wait, Kurama's rich.

"Kasumi, you are not-" Tomoe was about to yell at me but I interrupted him quickly.

"The limo's here! Bye, see you later," I rushed out before dashing out the door. I heard Tomoe growl angrily as I got into the limo. The driver started to drive shortly.

I looked around but noticed that Kurama was not here. Where is he?

"Mr. Shinjirou is waiting at his house for you," the driver suddenly spoke. I nodded in acknowledgement. This gives me time to calm myself down. Wait, what?! Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be!

So, we are just going to talk at his house. I glanced at my outfit. There was no need to dress up in the first place! I huffed in annoyance.

I sighed and stared at the window, everything blurred past. I leaned back into the cushion and closed my eyes, wanting to rest. I slowly drifted off to sleep.