Chapter 5

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Kasumi! Kasumi!"

I opened my eyes to see Nanami staring at me worriedly. I propped myself up with my hands and yawned. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around. Oh yeah, I slept on the floor.

"Nanami, never wake Kasumi up," Tomoe said sternly. I narrowed my eyes at her angrily. She woke me up from my peaceful slumber! How dare she?!

"She has quite the temper. You better start running," my brother smirked. I stood up, glaring at the Land God. I growled at her and emitted a fox fire on my palm. Her eyes widened in fear before she bolted. Meh, too lazy to get her. The blue fame disappeared as I walked towards my brother.

"I'm hungry, make me breakfast," I grumbled, taking a seat. He scoffed, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Go make it yourself," he waved off.

"Fine but don't blame me if I burn the kitchen down like last time," I smirked, recalling when it happened. It was when I was with Kurama, a long time ago. I wanted to learn how to cook so I asked my brother to teach me. He complied with my wishes and taught me. But the second he left me alone, flames appeared suddenly and I burned the whole kitchen down. Tomoe banned me from the kitchen. It was an accident, I swear!

"Get away from the kitchen! I will make breakfast," Tomoe said before making me food. I smiled smugly. I knew that would work!

"Thanks," I muttered as he gave me a plate of pancakes. He knew how much I loved them. I gasped in shock as I noticed something. He turned around alarmed, staring at me worriedly.

"You forgot the maple syrup!" I whined childishly. His look of panicked was replaced with a glare. He handed me the syrup bottle. I thanked him before completely drowning my pancakes with maple syrup. With that, I devoured my mountain of pancakes.

"See you later!" Nanami called as she was about to leave for school but was stopped by her familiar. Tomoe held up the cat hood and her lunch.

"Sorry but I'm not going to bring the hood. I'll be fine without it," Nanami said nervously, handing the hood back. Tomoe immediately protested.

"See you later!" Nanami exclaimed, leaving without the hood, defying Tomoe's request. I laughed as my brother stared after her looking absolutely dumbfounded. I teased him about how he was a terrible familiar but he simply ignored me.

I wanted to stay at the shrine all day and catch up on the gossip in the human world but noo! Tomoe said that we have to follow Nanami the whole day because she has no hood on. There goes my free day...

~*~

I sighed in boredom as I stared at Nanami from a tree nearby with Tomoe. Her life is really boring. I wish I was back in the underworld. All I did was party and drink with hot yokai's. But that is way better than watching a school girl.

I closed my eyes, wanting to rest for a little bit. With that, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

.....

"Lady Kasumi!"

I snapped my eyes open and sat up. "I'm awake!" I exclaimed, looking around, alarmed. Onikiri and Kotetsu were staring at me. I narrowed my eyes at them. They woke me up! I was having a good dream!!

"Lady Nanami appears to be going somewhere but we cannot wake up Master Tomoe," Onikiri stated, pointing to a sleeping Tomoe. My eyes hardened. They woke me up so I could wake up my idiot of a brother?! I growled in frustration before taking my anger out on Tomoe.

I leaned near his fox ears before screaming. "WAKE UP!" I shouted before yanking his ears painfully.

His eyes flew open and he clawed at me, making me let go of his fox ears. He snarled at me while I bared my fangs at him. Yep, you can totally see the brother and sister love, right? Not.