Chapter 21

~* Kasumi's POV *~

-- Dream --

I wandered around this room engulfed in darkness, a sense of uneasiness washing over me. A fox fire emitted from my palm, lighting up a pathway. Following it curiously, I passed a large gorgeous blossom tree then came across a shrine. But unlike others, it was huge and when I mean huge, I mean mansion huge.

Everything looked like it was made of gold and silver; from the spotless marble floor to the shining gold walls. I couldn't help but to gawk at it.

I peered into the doorway, looking around in awe. I spotted a throne, surrounded by jewels and diamonds. But on this throne there was a man. A familiar one.

"Ookuninshi?" I wondered aloud, remembering the the dazzling man I had spoken to at the mixer a few days ago. He wore an elegant kimono that practically glowed. His pale blonde hair was held up by a hair pin and his breath taking eyes were staring right at me.

He stood up from his throne and started to walk towards me. Before long, he stood right in front of me. He reached out and softly played with strands of my hair.

This felt way too real to be a dream. His touch, this feeling, everything felt so real, I could have mistaken this for reality.

"Please, call me Ookun, my precious Hōseki," he murmured, leaning towards me. I felt like I couldn't move, only frozen in place. (Hōseki means jewel or gem)

I felt his soft lips place a kiss on my forehead like he had done before. The same feeling was felt, powerful and exhilarating. But then, like a ton of bricks being thrown at me, I came back to my sense. Kurama; I belong to him and him alone, not this strange man.

I somehow found the strength to pull away, my eyes sharpened into a glare. I sneered, "don't touch me."

A smile still stayed on his face as he gazed at my forehead, where he had planted the kiss. I felt a breeze carry me away, sending me back to reality. But I heard his voice one last time, calling out to me, "You are now mine."

-- Dream Over --

My eyes snapped open. Unlike most dreams, I actually remembered this one and it felt so real. What if it was? What did that absurd man do to me?

I got out of bed, glancing behind me, only to see Kurama cuddling against my pillow who he probably thought was me. I giggled at the scene then walked from the room, closing the door behind me quietly.

Finding my phone, I quickly dialed Tomoe's number. As an apology for disappearing for more than a century, I had bought him his very own phone which he has no idea how to use. It took Nanami and I like three hours to teach him how to call someone. He really needs to get up to date. It dialed for a few moments before someone picked up.

"What the hell? Why does this stupid device keep ringing?" I heard Tomoe yell in frustration, then heard numbers being pressed, like he was trying to turn off the phone.

"It's me you idiot," I giggled at his ignorance.

"Kasumi? Why can I hear you?" he questioned.

"I'm coming from the phone you dumbass. Didn't I teach you this already? You picked up the phone as I was calling you."

"Oh, Kasumi? Why did you reach me?" he asked.

"Do you by any chance know who Ookuninushi is?"

A loud thump was heard, like the phone had been dropped on the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I heard rustling before I heard my brother's voice again.

"Did you say Ookuninushi?" he asked urgently, worry laced in his tone. I replied, "Yeah, why?"

"He is the god of wealth, one of the most elite members of the gods out of them all! How could you not know him and why are you asking?"

No wonder his name sounded familiar.

"-Listen Kasumi, he is known for always getting what he wants. I heard that he is especially interested in female yokai this time of the year. Stay away from him, Kasumi. He's dangerous."

"Sort of too late for that..." I trailed then heard him groan in frustration, "What the hell did you do now, Kasumi?"

"We talked during the mixer and I had this strange dream-"

"Damnit!" he cursed, cutting me off, "Please fucking tell me he did not kiss you."

I hesitated then replied back nervously, "Eer.. he sort of did, on my forehead..."

"Shit, he gave you the mark of the engagement!" Tomoe shouted so loudly, I had to pull my phone away from my ear to preserve whatever hearing I had left.

I gasped in shock and squeaked, "Engagement? As in marriage!?"

"Yes, marriage! He has marked you already! You have to find a way to remove it because he will not stop until you are his! This is your fault for being too careless! You dumbass, stupid sister, you ignorant piece of-"

I hanged up, cutting off his rant. I lightly touched my forehead, remembering the touch of the god's lips. He marked me? Why in the world did he do that!?

My eyes widened as I remembered Mikage warning me about a 'god growing fond of me'. So this is what he meant? Why could he just say so? Why does all gods have to be so mysterious? See, this is why I flipping hate gods! (Besides, Nanami, she's cool)

"Kasumi, who are you talking to?" Kurama's tired voice came from behind me. I turned around to see him rubbing his eyes sleepily, his hair tousled around. I took a moment to gawk on his shirtless chest and the pajama pants that hung dangerously low around his waist.

"Uh, I was talking to Tomoe. He's having trouble with Nanami and was asking for advice," I lied smoothly, tearing my eyes away from his chest and stared into his eyes. He looked suspicious as he raised an eyebrow at my uncertain answer. Crap, he always knows when I'm lying.

He was about to open his mouth but his phone ringing cut him off. He glanced at it and frowned as the contact read 'manager'. Oh yeah, I keep on forgetting he is a popular pop idol. He pressed the answer button and gave me one last look before disappearing into our room, talking about the arrangements for his next concert and stuff.

I cannot get him involved. This is one of the most powerful gods out there and I cannot risk the chance of Kurama getting hurt. I smiled sadly as I watched Kurama yell at his manager, complaining about how he is always worked to death and never gets day offs.

I'm going to have to stop Ookuninushi by myself.

A/N: Pic of Ookuninushi on the side --> You might recognize him from one of the episodes from Kamisama Kiss. I know I'm going waaay off the story line but it would be pretty boring if I stuck to something you already know is going to happen. So I decided to spice things up a little, adding this plot twist I thought of myself :) Your welcome~

Vote, Comment, Fan!