Chapter 20

~* Kasumi's POV *~

"Nice to meet you! We are girls from Ujigami High School~!" Kei exclaimed cheerfully. Ami and Nanami smiled their brightest while I just had a sour look on my face. These boys look like lustful perverts. I shouldn't have gone to this mixer.

"I'm Yamada," the boy with glasses introduced himself.

"Sato," a slightly chubby man smiled.

"Tanaka," a boy with black hair grinned.

"Kohiruimaki. Nice to meet y'all. Teehee," a boy stuck out his tongue in a way that was supposed to be seductive but it really just made him look like an idiot.

There was another boy at the end of the booth but he had a hood on, covering his entire face, only some pieces of blonde hair escaping his hood.

"You guys are from high school!?"

"So cute!"

"You must be very popular at your school!"

The boys gushed making me roll my eyes. I really just came here for the free food...

"So do y'all have boyfriends and stuff?" the boy that had at least stucken his tongue out one hundred times this whole time questioned, his friends scolding him immediately for asking such an insensitive question.

"Actually, I have one," I answered. Sadness flashed in their eyes at the statement. The boy that was quiet and had a hood on clenched his fists angrily, his knuckles turning white, making me raise my eyebrows in surprise. What's his problem?

I sipped my green tea the whole time as everyone else carried on with their conversations. I didn't really want to be here in the first place and my mind wandered to Kurama. He really made a fuss about this before I left the house. Especially about my outfit. Kei had picked it out for me. My outfit consisted of a see through laced grey shirt with a laced black bra underneath. I wore tight midnight blue jeans and high heeled boots then jewelry here and there to touch things up. My lips were painted in bold red and my hair was done in a bun, hiding my fox ears. I don't really see what the problem was.

My eyes fell on the boy on the end of the booth. He hadn't spoken one word since we've arrived and hasn't shown his face at all. No one seemed to pay attention to him.

As if knowing I was staring at him, he lifted his head, revealing his light green eyes. They were gorgeous! I got a glance of his breath taking face as he looked up. He looked god like. What is a guy like him doing here?

His lips tugged into a small smile before he looked down once again, hiding his features. I frowned at this, suspicion settling in me.

"I'll be right back," I announced then stood up. Walking out the door, I stood in the hallway, pulling out my phone. I wanted to speak to Kurama and wanted him to pick me up from this bring mixer. This is a complete waste of my time.

Choosing his contact name, I hovered the phone over my ear, hearing the ominous tone of the dial tone.

Kurama's ring tone was of him singing. I wasn't really surprised when I found this out, knowing how much he loved himself.

But imagine my surprise when I heard the usual ringtone I recognized, blaring in the room next door to where I was. I followed it and pushed the door angrily, already having an idea as to what's going on.

My blazing eyes fell on Kurama, Tomoe and Mizuki. I didn't really pay attention to my brother or the snake yokai, mostly on the crow tengu that was staring at me like deer caught in headlights. I specifically told him not to come!

"Why the hell are you here!?" I demanded.

"I-I-I came t-to umm... watch over you..?" he said nervously under my heated glare.

"I told you not to! What do you not understand in the sentence: Do not come to the mixer?"

"I just wanted to make sure nothing happens to you," he stated.

"I am not some vulnerable damsel in distress! I can take care of myself!"

"I know that. It's just that I can't help but worry about you!"

"Well don't because I am stronger than I look," I snapped before storming out of the room. Why does he think I can't take care of myself? Is it because I'm a girl? That's just sexist! I can take care of myself. I am a freakin powerful demon fox!

Without even noticing, I had wandered outside. Anger was practically rolling off of me.

My eyes widened as I spotted the hooded boy from the mixer, leaning on the brick wall of the side ofthe building, gazing at the ground quietly. He was staring dead at me making me feel uncomfortable.

He wore an expensive looking jacket, it's hood over his head. A graphic shirt and dark jeans completed his outfit. I couldn't help but wonder if he was a model. Everything about him screamed wealthy. But something was off about him. He had a certain aura but it seemed like it was being masked or something.

"Can I help you?" I snapped rudely, placing a hand on my hip. He didn't seemed shocked by my harsh behavior, just intrigued or amused. That confused me even farther.

"No, but maybe I can help you. Something on your mind?" his voice was gentle and soothingly. I don't know why, but I felt like I could trust him which was quite odd because I have trust issues.

"I got into a fight," I admitted.

He raised his eyebrows, "physical or verbal fight?"

"Verbal."

He nodded, "With your boyfriend?"

"Yes, but how did you know I had a boyfriend?" I asked suspiciously. He's starting to seem like a stalker.

"A beautiful girl like you is expected to have a man," he smiled, "and you also told everyone at the mixer."

"Oh yeah.." I trailed, cursing at myself for being forgetful.

He pushed himself off the wall, striding towards me. I felt cautious around him, not sure whether he was human or not. He seemed like a nice man but too kind to be a stranger.

"My name is Ookuninushi," he introduced himself, gentling holding my hand up and kissing my knuckles like a gentleman. His name somehow felt familiar, like I've heard it before but I couldn't remember from where.

My eyes widened as he leaned close to me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. A surge of power washed over me. I had never felt like that in my life. I felt like I was reenergized. It felt like something was given to me, something powerful. He pulled away and smiled. What the hell did he do to me?

"We shall meet again, Kasumi."

Those last words left his mouth before he completely vanished. Yes, disappeared! Okay, he is definitely not human. If he's not human, then what is he? And how does he know my name?

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the text I had received, It was Kurama.

Kasumi, I am sorry for breaking my promise. I know you are not weak but you are incredibly strong. That is what scared me the most. You won't need me to protect you anymore and I will be useless. But trust me when I tell you this: I will forever protect you from anything. You are the one I love and that will never change. Please come home, back to me.

I smiled or his cheesy words. He can be a real cheese ball sometimes. Rolling my eyes, I quickly replied:

3 words, 8 letters. Say it and I'm yours.

His reply back was almost instant:

I got food.

I giggled and began to walk home but not before replying back to the man I know and love:

You know me so well :)

Vote, Comment & Fan!