Senior Vs. Sophomore

The bell rings making me up sit up. I take off my sunglasses I wore to cover my closed eyes. I grab my things from my desk and put them in my backpack. I put it on my back, I get out of class ignoring the teacher. I go to my locker to put some things I don't need inside.
"Hey, Dominique." I close my locker and Jared Cameron, my only friend, is making his way through the crowded hall. "Domini are you going to your Cousin's today?" He asks.
"Yeah, Emily or Sam is going to pick up Evan and I. Mom's working at the hospital." I tell him.
"Don't you have a car?" He asks.
"Yeah but I got in trouble. She took away my car for a week. Four more days to go." I respond. I walk to Evan's locker, my little brother.
"Okay, so see you later in the cafeteria at the table we sit at. I'm going to get some food." He leaves and goes to the cafeteria. I turn to my left and to Evan's locker and I see a crowd of people circled around something. I make my way through the students. I can see over most of them, cause according to this morning I'm 5'11". I see Mr. Popular hunched over someone beating them up. I push by the rest of the people so up front. The victim gets away from long enough for me to see who it's is. Everything inside me burst with anger. I take Lahote off of my brother and push him hard against the lockers. I keep my arm secured on his chest so he doesn't move.
"Do you suddenly feel like your higher then everyone else expecially now that your a senior?" I ask him.
"Do you get in everyone's fights to protect the other person?" He asks. I let go of him a little to push him back against the lockers harder then before. He groans in pain, but I don't care. From the corner of my eye three boys are helping my brother pickup his things.
"No." I answer.
"Then why this one?" He asks.
"Probably because that is my brother." I answer pushing him back a little more.
"That's your brother." Paul says surprised.
"Yeah got a problem with that?" I ask him, it seems like the whole school is watching this.
"Yeah, I do." He says.
"What's the problem Paul?" I ask.
"That your not mine." He responds. Anger goes through me. I thought he got it last year. I dont want anything to do with him.
"Miss Uley let go of Mr.Lahote." Before I could respond or react. I look at Mr. Mingan and then at Evan. I take my hand off Paul's cheat and fix his shirt before steping away. Mr. Mingan looks at me then at Paul and Evan.
"Miss Uley, Mr. Uley and Mr. Lahote follow me to my office." Mr. Mingan says, Paul follows behind him then Evan and I behind them.
"Looks like I should start saying bye to my phone and live with out my car for a little longer." I mumble to myself. "Are you okay Evan?" I ask him.
"Yeah, no injuries that will take me to the hospital with mom." Evan responds.
"Take a seat." Mr. Mingan tells us motioning to the chairs before he sits in his own. I sit down between Evan and Paul.
"Evan can you explain to me what happened." He asks, Evan nods.
"I was at my locker getting my things for my class after lunch and Paul showed up. He and his friends take out the things in my backpack and throw them on the floor. I couldn't take it anymore and I stood up for myself. It wasn't the first time Paul and his friends do something to me." It's not the first time Paul does something to my little brother. A soft growl comes out of me. What's wrong with me. I've found myself snapping at Evan, I got my car taken away because I snapped at my mom. I feel sick, I'm growing everyday, I eat more then I used to. "He got mad and then we fought. Domi took him off of me and then. You know the rest." He says summing up what happened.
"You are all suspended. Evan two days, Dominique one day, Paul a week." Mr. Mingan says.
"That is not fair Lahote shoud not be suspended for a week but expelled." I tell him.
"Dominique do not argue or you well get yourself suspended for a week, for arguing with me." He warns.
"Mr. Mingan I do not care how long I get suspended as long as Evan is alright."
"Dominique you got yourself a week and I'm calling your mother. Same goes for you Paul." He says.
"You can't. She can't get out of work." I tell him.
"I'm calling your cousin he is the second person to call on the list." I sit back down. Ugh. He picks up the phone presses a button.
"Can you please call Paul Lahote's mother." He says, he hangs up and calls Sam. "Hello can I speak with Sam Uley. This is Mr. Mingan the principal of his cousins school." He speaks into the phone.
"Hello Sam can you please come to the high school Dominique and Evan are in trouble." Mr. Mingan tells Sam.
"At least it was Sam and not mom." I tell Evan and he nods.
"I know right." We sit down in silence for the rest of the time. Paul hasn't said anything since we had come inside the principal office.
The door open after a long time of Mr. Mingan telling us about our actions. A women comes in and then Sam. He looks at Evan with no expression but when he looks at me and he scowls. I look away from him.
"All three of you go outside and wait for them." Mr. Mingan tells us.
"Evan, Emily is in the car go with her. Dominique wait for me outside." Sam tells us. We walk outside and Jared is outside in the hallway leaning on the wall.
"Dom want me to take your backpack?" Evan asks.
"You'll take my bag?"I ask surprised.
"Yeah." He answers.
"Thanks." I tell him giving him my bag. I lean on the wall across from Paul. I look at Jared and he is motioning for me to go to him. I walk over to him and Paul watches me.
"What's up." I tell him.
"I heard the rumors. Did he actually beat up your brother, and you got him back." Jared says.
"Yeah." I respond.
"So how long are you guys get suspended?"He ask.
"Evan got two days, I got a week and Lahote also got a week." I respond.
"You got a week that's not fair." Jared tells me.
"I argued with him. If i didn't argue with Mr. Mingan I would've gotten one day." I explain to him.
"Anyway, want me to get you school work for the next week. As well as your brothers for two days?" He asks.
"Yes. Thanks Jare-Bear." I say hugging him. Since we moved here, either Sam told him to hangout with me or he is just the best guy ever.

"I'll see you later then. After school." He says. "Yes. See you in a few." I respond. The office door opens and the women who must be Paul's mother comes out. "You better go to your class." I tell him pushing him in the direction of his class.

"Good luck with Sam and then with your mom." He says.
"Thanks I'm going to need it." Sam walks over and Paul and his mom behind him.
"Your in big trouble Dominique." He tells me.
"You think I don't know." I respond and leave him behind. I walk out to the parking lot and look for the 1500 Dodge Ram. I spot it and take the back seat.
"Hello Emily." I great her.
"Hello Domini." She responds with the smile I always see her with. Sam get in and drives off. He starts telling us about our reason of getting in trouble. After a while I just zone out. Then I notice he isn't taking us home but to his place. When we get there I get out and start walking away.
"Where are you going Dominique." Sam call after me.
"I'm going to get my dog." I tell him. "And then take him for a walk. Evan want me to take your backpack or are you going to do your homework?" I ask him.
"I'm going to do my homework." He responds. I walk out and to my house. I get tired of walking so I run the rest of the way. I open the door and go inside and Micco my Czechoslovakian Wolfdog comes running to me. ( Micco is Seminole male name for chief. )
"Hey boy." I say kneeling down to rub him. I go toy room drop backpack and grab his leash. I turn around and Micco is right behind me.
"Wait for me here I'm going to change so we can go for a walk and run." I tell him. He wags his tail and leaves my room, and I change into basketball shorts, a t-shirt and I put my hair in a ponytail. I go out and downstairs and Micco is waiting at the door. I open the door and he jogs out on the sidewalk. I only carry the leash for just in case. He walks beside me waiting for me to start running. The first time we got here I went to walk him people would stop me and would tell me how I can't have a wolf as a pet. I would have to explain to them how he isn't a wolf but a Wolfdog.
'The wolf and the Indian once lived in harmony....
They hunted together and thier spirits touched.'

It is in nature to be kind, gentle, loving but know this :
When it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family, and my heart.
Do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.

Mom and dad both told me that. Dad said that here the Quileutes descendants from wolves. Before Evan and I would go to sleep he would tell us the legends of his people shifting into huge wolves. They would shift into wolves because their enemies the cold ones will be a threat and kill member if the tribe and will protect them. I alway thought that it was cool that people could shift onto wolves, and it be awesome if it was true.
Mom told me it was always good to be nice and all that but when they hurt friends or family or you mate you should be strong and fight them. Dad and mom were the biggest reason for me to get my Wolfdog. I feel like Micco and I have a tie. Something that when we are together makes us one.
I take a trail I'm the woods that will take us to the beach. Right know I'm making the walk longer then I usally do cause I don't want to go to Sam's house. As we go on the trail I start to jog and so does Micco. I run faster and Micco stays at my side. Never going faster then me. I keep running and I look at my sides and Micco isn't there I stop and look back. He is looking into the woods away from the trail. "Micco come on." I tell him. He looks at me and back at what ever he is looking at. I jog over at where he is looking but I don't see anything. He growls and then runs at whatever he saw. I run behind him. I stop surprised and frightened with what in seeing. Micco is standing growling infront of a huge brown wolf with black on its face like a mask, as well as on its ears. His front legs have black from bottom to its ankles, his hind legs have black from the bottom to its knees. I've never seen a wolf this big before. Micco keeps growling at it. The wolf looks at me and I look at it in its eyes. I notice there is something familiar about them. The same brown eyes I've seen somewhere but I can't remeber where.
"Micco come here." I walk slowly over to him. "Go away." I tell the huge wolf. He turns around and walks away before running. I grab Micco from the colar gently pull it and we start to run again to the beach.