Learning

The pain is gone and I stand up. Only that when I stand up I'm standing on four legs. The hell. I look up and Sam is gone but a black wolf that blends in with night is standing infront of me.
Dominique it's me your cousin Sam and I can help you. Then what Jared said at the beach to Paul. 'He didn't change me. He is helping me.' Makes more sense. 'You might be next.'
You and Jared think this will happen to Paul Lahote? I ask.
Yes. It will happen to some people that have the genes from someone who was able to do this. Now that Aaron is back he might phase before Paul. He says
What about Evan? I ask concerned.
Probably but it might take him longer. Let me get you some clothes from the room you stay in sometimes. He leaves me by myself. I feel someone behind me and I turn around. The same wolf I saw earlier today. The brown wolf with black on its face like a mask, as well as on its ears. His front legs have black from bottom to its ankles, his hind legs have black from the bottom to its knees.
Dominique? I look at it. How does it know me? It's me Jared.
Jared. Why didn't you tell me that was You in the woods? I ask him.
Sam is my alpha and he told me that we couldn't tell anyone about this. He says. Sam comes back with my clothes in his hands.
"I got your clothes. Hey Jared tell her how to phase back." Sam says.
Okay then. Dominique stand behind a tree and I promise I won't look at you. He says. I walk behind a tree and Jared moves away. Now concentrate on what you look like as a human. I do as he says. My body changes from the huge wolf to the 18 year old girl I am. "Sam can I get my clothes." I say extending one arm out. With his eyes shut tight he gives me my clothes. I change into the shorts and t-shirt fast. Jared is standing next to Sam already back to his human form.
"Want to spend the night here or do you want me to take you home?" Sam asks.
"If you don't mind I'd like to stay the night." I respond.
"No go ahead." He answers. "How about you Jared?" He ask.
"I'm going to potrol a little longer and then I'll go to my place." Jared responds.
"Bye Jared." I tell him.
"Bye Domini." He runs back into the woods. I walk with Sam back to the house.
"I'll explain tomorrow when we have more time, and with your mom." I wall upstairs in the room I stay in when I come here. I lay in the bed and go to sleep.

Dream/flashback

I stand behind the wall listening to my dad tell my mom that he is going to get me a car for my birthday. I'm so happy I quietly go up to my room. I sit down on the window seat watching as my dad drives off in his Ford F-150. Aaron calls for me and I walk downstairs a little to happy.
"What got into you?" He asks.
"Can't I be happy. I'm just so excited that tomorrow I'll be 18." I tell him. Micco runs in coming from the backyard. "Want to go for a walk Micco?" I ask him. He barks and runs to the door.
"You want to come Aaron?" I ask him.
"No but you can ask Evan." He says going into the living room.
"Evan I'm going to walk Micco want to come?" I yell up stairs.
"No!" He responds. I shrug and go outside with Micco. We walk down the street. It is a nice day, and I stop to get an ice cream and some water for Micco. After we finish we start going back for dinner. I open the door and dad isn't here yet. I worry alittle but then shake it off. I give Micco his food and I sit down with my brothers and mom. We wait for dad a little longer but he doesn't come and we eat without him. We start to worry. It should've not taken him that long.
The phone rings and my mom answers. We look at her and her eyes look watery.
"Get in the car." Mom says when she hangs up. We get in the car and my mom drives.
"Who was it? What happened?" Aaron asks mom.
"Your father had an accident. He is in the hospital. He has very serious injuries." She responds. Her voice cracking a little before a short soft sob escapes.
We hurry inside the hospital. Evan and I stand behind Aaron and mom as they talk to the receptionist.
"Mr. Uley's wife." We turn around and a doctor stands in the white coat. He walks over to us.
"Yes. How is he?" Mom asks him. He doesn't reapond.
"Tell us how our father is." Aaron demands.
"I'm sorry. He didn't make it." The doctor finally says. Evan starts to cry and I hold him as the tears pour out of his eyes. Aaron holds my mom tightly as she breaks down. Silent tears fall from my eyes as I hold on to Evan and look at my mother.
"Can we see him?" Aaron asks rubbing my mom's arms.
"Sure." He responds. We follow the doctor into a room. I look at my dad's dead body laying on the bed. I hold his ice cold hand. Looking at him one last time. The memories of the times we all spent together. Flow through me.
I noticed something on his neck below his ear. A bite mark. As big as humans bite but it had to be sharper to to kill him. I look at his face. His eyes open to a blood red color. He looks at me and his grip tightens on my hand pulling me towards him. I try to pull my hand away but he is to strong.