Fresh Start

Dominique's P.o.v

I walk out of the diner with Jacob. I spent the night with him in the woods and went to have breakfest with him. My treat cause he is broke right now. "So Jake I guess I should head home. I'll tell our parents that your fine and to not worry. You'll be back by the wedding if not you have to be there for my 20th birthday." I tell him. I take my wallet out of my pocket. "Here." I say giving him money. "Your going to need it. Keep in touch, and if you need tell me and I'll give you more. Stay out of trouble bud." I hug him and mess his hair up.
"Thanks. I won't miss your b-day. Also be patient and give Paul some time to remember. Everything is going to turn out fine." He hugs me tightly.
"See you Jake."
"See you Dom." We walk I'm the woods in separate directions. I phase and run to the Cullen's.

I stand leaning on a tree, watching from here through the glass house. Everyone is with him trying to make him remember. A red truck pulls up on the driveway. Bella gets out and spots me, she walks over with her hands in her jaket.
"Shouldn't you be inside with everyone else?" She asks.
"I should, but I don't know. I'm might do what Jacob has done. Leave this place." I tell her.
"Have you heard from him?" She asks.
"What would you care. Your the reason he is gone." I respond not looking at her.
"He is my friends and I care about him." She tells me anger in her voice.
"Well he is my younger brother, and I won't fail to protect him like I have done before. I'm not making the same mistake again." I finally turn around to glare at her.
"At one point I felt bad for you. Now I regret that feeling. You should live with all the shit that is happening to you." She says.
"I hope you die when you are transforming." I turn around to leave. Maybe the beach, my room, somewhere. I take two steps before I'm stopped.
"Wait! I want to talk to you." His voice stops me. I stop breathing. His voice takes my breath away. It's been forever since I've heard his voice. Hearing his voice made my heart ache. I breath again and stare at the tree. Should I talk to him. I now I want to but should I? I turn around slowly. I see his eyes. The same brown color I feel in love with. I feel my legs get weak. Like if I step I will fall to the floor. He comes forward. "I've heard you and heard about you but we never met. So according to everyone I'm Paul Alejandro Lahote. You probably already knew that." He extends his hand out for me to shake. I take it and I feel like we are starting all over again. A fresh start. A wonderful feeling goes through me. If only he could remeber.
"Dominique Alejandra Uley." I say.
"Beautiful name. I feel like it means your a tough person, and our middle names. Alejandra and Alejandro." He says. I feel nervous. I don't know what to say anymore. I want to run away.
"How are you doing?" I ask.
"I could be better. Everything is confusing. Sam the alpha guy and Carlisle had me phase. I did and that brought back very few things as well as when they said I was able to shift before. You are in all of those flashbacks but I can't ever see your face." He says.
"Then how do you know it's me." I know it's me because who else could it be really.
"It's you. It just has to be you." Paul responds.
"Hey Um I was going to the beach down at the rez. Want to come?" I ask him. I want to be with him. Even if he doesn't remember. "Maybe being around where you used to hangout will help you. The beach, Sam's house, my house your place." I tell him.
"Sure." He responds.
"We would get there faster if we shift but I don't want to force you to shift if you didn't like it." I tell him as we walk through the woods. Dodging branches and jumping over tree roots.
"I think we should run, but we will get there faster if I carry you." He says smiling at me.
"Oh really?" I tell him smiling back as well, challenging him.
"Really." He responds.
"Let's see then." I phase and look at him.
"You look beautiful as a wolf." He says looking at my fur then coming closer to pet me. I've never let anyone pet me other then my mother. It feels weird like I'm a pet but not when it's Paul.
Let's go already. I say but it comes out as a bark.
"Okay, okay. On the count of three." I get ready looking infront of me. "1...." I place my leg in a diffrent place. "2...." I breath and shake off my worries. I'm fast I can do this. "3!" I sprint right when he begins to say 3. I don't look back. I want to but when you look back it just makes you go slower. I push off kiking dirt off the ground. We get to the river that makes the treaty. I push myself more. I hear Paul's steps behind me get faint. I get to the edge and push off so I get to the other side. I turn so when I land I'm side ways. I look at Paul. He is stareing at me. "Your crazy. Either something is wrong with me or its you something is wrong with you." He says. I move my head pointing at him. I get tired of standing here and bark at him to jump over already. He gets the message. "I'm goimg but if I die it's your fault, and I'll be haunting you." I roll my eyes. Not like if the river was so wide or so deep. I turn around and start walkimg away. I think the transformation turned him in to a cowered. "I was playing with you." Paul laughs as he runs past me. I groan and go after him. Maybe he hasn't changed. As we get closer I stop and phase back. I change into a t-shirt that was in one of the tress and a pair of my shorts that was in another tree. I walk out from behind the tree and I notice the shirt was one of Paul's. "After you ran out yesterday where did you go?" Paul asks.
"I went in to the woods and found my younger step brother. I don't know if the guys and my older brother told you about Billy Black and my mom and all that." I tell him.
"They did." He says.
"Yeah so I stayed with him last night in the woods and went to breakfest with him this morning, and now I'm back." I say finishing my summary. The grey, blue ocean water comes to view. My barefeet sink into the cold moist sand. We sit down on the sand not so far away from where the water comes up to shore. I tell him about what we would do on our free time with the pack. Fill him in on the background of each of the guys me, him, Leah, and Emily.
"You see the cliffs over there." I say pointing at the cliffs that have diffrent sections.
"Yeah." Paul responds.
"Up there on the very, very top cliff. We would race up to see who would get up there first with the guys. Once at the top. We would throw each other off. Pushing them off or doing it on our own." I tell him.
"Cliff diving or cliff jumping." He say stareing at the cliffs.
"You my brother Aaron and some other guys would do silly things. Sam and I stuck to showing off and seeing who could do the best trick between us. All of us are competitive. Expecially you, Paul." I don't tell him anything about me and him. I'm not so sure of I want him to know. He wants to be near me I go that from how he moves closer to me, but I move away. He stands up, and I stand up right after him. "Where are you going?" I ask. Was it me? Did it hurt him that I would move away from him.
"My butt hurts. I want to walk." Paul replies. My eyes go wide and my mouth opens up with out me wanting it to.
"But we just ran and we barely sat down for a few minutes!" I protest. Like seriously.
"Well that felt like forever." He says and starts walking. I stay standing watching him, I groan and jog up to him.
"Anyway do you remember anything?" I ask curiously.
"No, sorry." He says sadly.
"It's okay. It's going to take time. I had to hear that from someone younger then me." I tell him. Paul chuckles.
"Did you hear it from a ten year old or something." He says.
"Very funny. It was more like a 17, 18 year old." I tell him.

Paul's P.o.v

I'd move closer to her but she will move away. It hurts me, I stand up and she stands up quickly after me. "Where are you going?" She asks.
"My butt hurts. I want to walk." I lie. I stood up because I couldn't keep moving to her and having her move away.
"But we just ran and we barely sat down for a few minutes!" She protest.
"Well that felt like forever." I replie and start walking. She stays behind watching me, I heat her groan before jogging over.
"Anyway do you remember anything?" She ask curiously. I sigh sadly.
"No, sorry." It hurts that I can't remember anything. It sucks.
"It's okay. It's going to take time. I had to hear that from someone younger then me." She tells me. I chuckle at here. She had to learn from someone younger.
"Did you hear it from a ten year old or something." I say.
"Very funny. It was more like a 17, 18 year old." She says making a face. An annoyed face. I like it.
"So what you doing tonight?" I ask her.
"I don't know maybe go to my room watch some movies on my labtop. Or go walk Ahote." She responds.
"Wait." I tell her. "You might walk me?" I ask.
"No you idiot. Not Lahote. Ahote my wolfdog. I named him after you cause you got him for me as a graduation present. Lahote, Ahote means restless one. Your restless and so is my dog." She tells me. That makes sense.
"Really I gave you a dog. Why?" I ask her.
"My old dog died and you got me a puppy but now he is grown. You also got me this promise ring and this bracelet you braided for me. The Quileute form of a promise ring. I got you head phones, beats to be exact. A watch and a pair of shoes you wanted. Your wearing then right know." I look down at my feet as we walk on the sand. She gave me these. I like them, if I didn't have then I'm sure I would've wanted them.
"Look out." Dominique says. I look up and turn but end up tripping on my own feet. I thought I was more coordinated then before but apparently not. I fall forward and I see a worried expression on Dom's face. I start to fall on her but I flip us over so she falls on me instead of me squishing her. She falls on me her face just inches away. I look deep into her chocolate brown eyes. I look down to her mouth. So beautiful, and so tempting. I feel her heart beat faster against my chest.

Dominique's P.o.v

Paul trips over his own feet after I warn him. He starts to fall on me but he moves so I fall on him. I land on his chest our faces just inches away. I look into his eyes and they change colors. They go from dark brown to his full eye being black. Full of lust. His eyes travel to my lips. Paul licks his lower lip and I'm underneath him.
"Your so beautiful." He says his voice husky and seductive. I shiver at his voice and as his hand goes up and down my thighs. I feel my eyes also turn black like his. "So mouth watering. Best part is your mine." He lips crash on to mine. Without thinking I kiss him back. Roughly, and getting heated. He trails kiss down my neck and collarbone. He goes back to my neck and finds my soft spot. I moan and He kisses it before I feel pain go thru. I roll off of him and sit up holding the spot. I feel the bite mark. I look at him. He bite me. Now no matter how much I'd like to get rid of him I won't be able to because not only are we mates but he marked me. I stand up and run. I run away again. Home. I run. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that!" Paul yells from the beach. I keep running but every step hurts as I run away from him. I doubt that made him remember anything.