He'll Wait For Me

Paul's P.o.v

Stupid instincts. I'm a monster. A real monster. I'm a shape-shifter and a vampire. I flop down on the sand and I just get madder at myself. I stand up and go in to the woods my anger takes over and I shift to my grey wolf. I run and run until feet take me to the backyard of a 2 story house. I shift back and go to the front. Who's house is this? I ask myself. Not Sam's. I knock on the door and a man in a wheelchair opens the door. A wolf like dog beside him.
"Hello Paul. Dominique's up in her room. Up stairs second door to the right." The man says.
"Thank you." I say and go up stairs. The dog must be Ahote. He looks like my wolf. I see why she gave him the name. I knock on the while Ahote barks for the door to open. It opens and I stay frozen. She looks skocked and closes the door. I quickly stick my foot in before it closes. I push the door opened and she pushes it closed. I slip inside the room. I look around the neat room. A desk up against the wall where you look out the window. A bed, a shelf on the wall there are few pictures of the pack and mostly picture of me and her or just me. The only thing I remember is sleeping. Laying on the bed my arms wrapped around her and sleeping peacefully. But now nothing is peaceful.
"About me biteing you. I'm sorry. Really sorry. I didn't mean to bite you. It was my wolf or my vampire taking over." I tell her.
"It was your wolf." She says looking down at the floor.
"What?" I tell her.
"It was your wolf."
"How do you know?" I ask confused.
"When a wolf finds there mate they bite them which leaves a mark saying they are claimed. Called Marked. Once a wolf has a mate they cannot reproduce with anyone but their mate. Once a werewolf 'marks' their mate we are a mated couple or married in the eyes of the pack. The only way to break the band between the mated pair is is a ceremony. The bond can only be broken by the alpha. It is painful physical and emotional experience so wolves have to be sure before they mate. Most couples who mark, both wolves, each other during doimg one of the mating phases. During that phase it might awaken the wolves nature. When a wolf marks their mate the other wolf will/might mark them back as a way of saying they are accepting their new status as a mated couple." Dominique explains. I never knew there was a meaning behind it.
"That's why you left." I say.
"Yeah. I didn't know how to react and the first thing that came to me was. Run. So I ran. How did you find me tho?" Dom asks.
"I don't know. I stood up and my feet just started to take me." I respond. "Well you accept me?"
Dominique stays quiet and thinks about it.
"I don't know. It feels like we are starting over again just skipping some of our past. Let me think about it. You'll know my answer." Dom tells me.
"Okay. I'm going to go." I walk away but before I leave I turn back to look at her. "Take your time Dom. I'm not going to go anywhere. I'll wait as long as you want." I close the door and leave her house. I walk downstairs and leave. The street is deserted exept for a frw cars passing by every now and then.
I lay down on the bed in the room on staying at in the Cullen's. I close my eyes and I feel her lips on mine. I never knew there was meaning behind the bite until she told me. I thought I scared her. Or I hurt her. Of course I hurt her, but like alot. She let me in. I thought my memories would've flood back but that didn't happen. It wasn't the reason why I kissed her. No. I kissed her because I was tempted to. I couldn't hold back and I had to take that chance. I thought she was going to push me away. She kissed me back. Dominique must've missed me. She couldn't give up that chance. If only I could remember.

Dominique's P.o.v

"Take your time Dom. I'm not going to go anywhere. I'll wait as long as you want." He closes the door and I just stand looking at the door. I move quickly to my window. I watch him walk down the street. His hands in his pocket looking down at the floor. I can still feel his lips on mine, his hands roaming around my body. I fall on my bed. I close my eyes and remember his touch. Then, he marked me. It was unexpected. I don't think I'll be able to leave him if I ever wanted to. Now I'm bonded to him more then before. I trace the mark on my neck. It's warm unlike when a leech bite a human. Hard and ice cold. Also a mark you don't want. Paul will wait until I make up my mind. He doesn't even remember me. How should I let him I'm of he doesn't remember me. Nothing seems to make him remember. Not even me. I go downstairs with Ahote. Billy is watching my mom carefully as she moves around making dinner. I'm glad I didn't interfer in their relationship. My mom and Billy deserve another chance at love after what has happened to both of their last loves.
"Paul looks fine." Billy says turning to me.
"Looks trick." I say taking a seat infront of him.
"What do you mean?" Mom asks.
"I mean, he looks fine but he doesn't remember. More like he remembers the guys but he doesn't remember me." I them.
"Be patient. Give him time." Billy says.
"That exactly what Jacob told me." I tell them. "Everyone seems to be happy. You two. Aaron moved out and is like in with lean. Sam and Emily...." I can keep going. "Evan didn't get to be happy. Maybe I won't either." Before they argue back I leave out the door Ahote on my heal.
I walk into Sam's house. Some where I haven't set foot in a long time for. I go into the living room and Emily and Sam are playing with a little girl.
"Since when do you two have a daughter?" I ask them. They look back at me.
"We don't." Sam says.
"Really." I say looking ant the very young girl.
"This is our niece. Claire Young." Emily says. They stand up from the floor and Emily picks her up and sets her against her hip.
"Nice. Very nice." I say. Ahote stands next to Emily observing Claire. So does Claire.
"Wolfy." Claire says looking down at Ahote. Ahote barks. My guess he is saying. Baby. I chuckle at that thought.
"So where are the boys and Leah?" I ask.
"Around like always." Sam says.
"Talking about the Devils." I say loud enough for them to hear me.
"Nice to see you too, Dominique." Jared says walking in first. My brother and Leah walk in next. I run to hug him.
"It's been a while lil sis." He says.
"Sure has." I agree. I look at Leah and hug her as well. The frown has not showed up ever since she is with my bro. Quil walks in with Embry last. All the guys seemed to not know about Claire either. Her mom sent her down her from the Makah tribe to Emily for a while. I looked around to see the guys reactions. They were all great. I loved Quil's and hated Sam and Emily's. Sam is going to jump at the poor kid but I step infront of both of them. Protecting Quil and ready to fight Sam.
"Samuel." I warn, my voice low and dangerous. "Think if you were Quil and Emily, Claire." He growls and turns around next to Emily.
"Tell me if he does anything to you." I yell him. I turn and walk out the door. I walk in the woods with Ahote. It's been a while since I've brought Ahote on the trails. I take my phone out and send Jacob a text. I walk to a river not so far away. Jacob is already here. He leaves to change and comes back.
"When you coming back?" I ask.
"Soon." He responds hugging me tight.
"How soon?"
"Soon, Dom. Soon. Anyway, what's up?" Jake asks.
"Well Quil imprinted."I begin.
"On who?" Jake asks.
"Today on Emily's 3 year old niece." I respond.
"That it?" He ask.
"No, I don't think your going to like it and your going to act like my older brother and all that." I start. Ahote's walking and playing around by himself where we can see him.
"What is it?" Jacob asks.
"Well, Paul might have probably accidentally marked me." I say some what slowly.
"He did what know!" Jacob roars. Ahote stops and stares at Jacob alert that something is wrong. Jake starts to shake. Oh boy.
"Jake, he didn't know until I told him what he did. He doesn't know anything." I tell him.
"He doesn't remember." He says and starts to shake more. "I guess he didn't change. He turned into the man whore he was." I stand up and look down at him.
"I came to you to talk, seek answers for my what to do's but I guess I should've not. I had to take it out but, I should've kept it to myself." I start to walk away and Ahote comes over. Jacob runs infront of me and stops me. He hugs me for the second time.
"I'm sorry. It's just those stupid brother and wolf instincts." He apologizes, speaking into my hair. We sit down and Ahote goes to play again.
"What's up with the instincts. Paul told me that he bit me because he lost it and his instincts took over. What ever happens next the excuse is going to be. 'Blah blah blah instincts..' " I tell him.
"So what's happening between you two now?" Jacob asks.
"I don't know." I replie saying the truth and it comes out as a sigh.
"Why not?" He asks.
"I don't know what step to take next. I'm like lost. I don't know which path to take. The left or the right path." I replie.
"Take the path your hearts tells you too." He says. We are laying down know looking at the slight blue sky. You can see some grey clouds slowly coming in as the wind blows. It's going to rain later. Maybe storm.
"After I told Paul what the mark ment. He said... He told me to take my time. That he is not going to go anywhere. He will wait as long as I want. Until I make my choice." I explain to Jake.
"Maybe he has changed." Jacob says.
"I feel like I'm starting over again in our relationship. And it is my fault that he doesn't remember. The reason he got hurt. The reason both you and Paul got locked up in that place." Rain starts to drop from the sky and on to us. "The reason Evan died, reason Micco died. I'm the reason everything has happened. My mom said we moved here so that Sam and the Cullen's could protect us. But they were protecting the reason everything died. Me. I should be in the place of everyone that has died and suffered." Jacob turns to lie on his side. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him. I cry. The tears silently rolling down. You can't tell I'm crying for the rain is also rolling down my face.
"If you were in there place then we would be suffering because you wouldn't be with us. What would happen to me if you weren't here? Too Ahote? Too your mom? Too Aaron? Too Sam? Too Paul?" Jacob asks.
"Your guyses lives would be better." I respond looking at him.