3. New friendships

Vivian-

The next morning I woke up early and followed my usual routine for school, changing into a blue button up and black jeans, along with black boots.

I brushed out my hair, leaving it straight and heading out the door.

I looked down at my phone.

7:07 AM.

Denis was one minute late.

I always left at 7:06 because it was a four minute drive to school.

I began to get uneasy.

Pacing next to my car, I opened my chemistry book, reading it as I paced back and forth.

I hadn't noticed Denis appear until I ran straight into his chest.

He steadied me, holding my shoulders, making sure I was upright as he chuckled.

"Do you ever stop studying?" He smirked.

"Do you ever stop asking questions? Get in the car. We are late." I snapped, closing my book and climbing into the vehicle.

"Viv, we are an hour early." He chuckled as he got into the passengers side.

"Exactly. I have things to do and you are holding me up. Be out here ready at 7:05 or I will leave you behind."

"Who put a stick up your ass?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"You did." I said as I sped off towards the school.

He stayed silent, knowing not to cross the line.

I sighed, deciding to cut him some slack since it was his first day at a new school.

"So are you nervous?" I asked.

"Why would I be?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because it's your first day at a new school and you don't know anybody."

"I know you. And I know my band mates." He smiled.

His smile was great, even eight years later.

"Maybe I know them, you will have to introduce me sometime." I smiled.

As angry at him as I was for cutting off communication, I was kinda glad that he was back.

"Will do." He smiled as I parked at the school, seeing Maddie standing at the front, looking concerned.

I got out of the car and smiled, waving at her, grabbing my bag and climbing the front steps, Denis behind me.

"You are late! I was so worried about you." She gushed, handing me my coffee.

"Thank you. And sorry, I was waiting for Denis." I gestured to him.

"I'm Maddie." She extended her hand for him to shake.

"Denis. Nice to meet you." He flashed her one of his prizewinning smiles.

I could practically see her swoon.

"Well Denis, the office is over there if you want to get your schedule, we have to be going." I grabbed her shoulder, guiding her away from him and towards the courtyard, I could practically see her undressing him with her eyes.

"Vivian, you didn't tell me he looked like that!" She giggled as we sat down at our usual table.

"Because I had no idea he looked like that. He cut off contact, remember?" I raised my eyebrow.

She was too busy drooling over Cassells who was sitting across the courtyard with his usual posse.

"Well he's hot. I can understand why you liked him as a kid." She smiled.