6. It's a date

Vivian-

The next morning Denis asked Tori to the dance, flowers and all.

Or course I had given him shit over it, he would have seen that something was wrong if I hadn't.

At lunch I stalked over to the table where the rest of the guys and Maddie sat, dropping my books loudly on the table, sitting down.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Ben chuckled.

I just shot him a glare as I sat down.

"What's wrong?" Cameron asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I sighed.

Maddie gave me a knowing glance, shifting her eyes to Denis and Tori, who were locked in each other's arms, then back towards me.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry Viv." She frowned at me, knowing she had gotten my hopes up.

"How the hell do you all do that?" James looked confused.

"Do what?" I asked.

"You can communicate non-verbally! Teach me, I'm jealous of your mindlink." He chuckled.

"Well maybe if you just paid attention to your surroundings instead of being so dim, you would be able to." Maddie smirked.

His face fell.

"Did you just call me dumb sweetheart?"

"Maybe I did." Maddie smirked, flirting.

I smiled.

"I have to go and get my Chemistry book, I'm going to Octavius's house after school."

"Does Denis know?" They all got serious suddenly.

"Do I need his permission?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No....but just watch out for Octavius. He's done some bad shit."

"So have you guys."

"But we haven't corrupted you."

"Whatever." I got up.

Today was not going well so far.

I reached my locker to see Tori leaning on it, no sign of Denis around.

"Uhm...could I get into my locker?" I asked, offering a small smile.

"Listen, and listen well. Denis is mine. So if I see you making any moves on my man, I will destroy you. Got it?"

"What are you talking about, he's one of my best friends, it's not like that." I tried convincing myself.

"Drop the facade. Stay away from Denis." She turned, walking away.

Well that was weird.

I sighed, grabbing my chemistry book and heading to class, avoiding conversations since they weren't going terribly well today.

After class ended I walked to the car where Denis was waiting, per usual.

I got in without a word, staring the car and beginning to drive.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Perfect. Everything's great." I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong Owl?" He asked, using a childhood nickname he had given me.

"Owl?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" He looked disappointed.

"No...it's just you haven't called me that in years. It surprised me."