18. Getting the news

Vivian-
After school I made my way to my locker where Denis stood, leaning next to it.

I giggled at his eagerness.

"Denis what are you doing?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I am waiting for you, and that kiss I was promised." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. Denis was an idiot, but he was my idiot.

"I don't believe in PDA." I bit my lip.

He chuckled.

"Fine, but I'm getting that kiss later." He smirked as I opened my locker.

I laughed, putting my books away.

"So what are you doing this Friday night?" He asked.

"Nothing, why?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to take you on a proper date."

"Sounds like fun, when and where?"

"I'll pick you up at six. Dress up." He smiled.

"I uh...I don't have many dresses." I said, embarrassed.

"Do you still have the one you wore to the dance?" He asked hopefully.

I nodded.

"Wear that one. You look stunning in it, and I wasn't able to see you in it much." He smiled.

"Okay." I smiled, taking his hand as we walked to the car.

"So where are we off to today?" He asked.

"Park?" I asked.

Denis and I were essentially children, so finding us at the park was a usual occurrence.

We sat down on our usual bench and Denis tried pulling me into his lap.

I shook my head.

"Not until you finish your homework." I handed him the Calculus book.

"Viv." He whined.

"Hey, I care about your education." I laughed.

"But I don't." He sighed.

"What are your plans for after high school?" I asked.

Denis and I had never talked about what either of us wanted to do.

"Pursue music with the boys, put out a record, travel the world touring. What about you?" He smiled.

"I've applied to Medical school, and a bunch of scholarships."

"Why the scholarships?" He asked.

"Because my mother's job can't pay for it, and since I have no contact with my dad, it is impossible without it. That's why I study so much. I need it."

"You'll get it. You are the most brilliant girl I know." He smiled at me.

"That's a bit of a stretch." I laughed.

He shook his head.

"Nope, not a stretch at all. You are brilliant." He smiled. "Can we go play now?" He asked like a child.

"Stop trying to distract me. Do your calculus and then we can do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Don't push me." I glared at him.

"Fine I'll do my homework mom." He groaned sarcastically, grabbing his book and beginning to work.

We sat, working for about an hour until we both finished.

"Good job. Now what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Let's walk." He suggested.

I nodded, picking up our bags and throwing them into my jeep, locking it, then taking his hand as we walked around the lake.

"You know, this isn't what I expected having a boyfriend to be like." I smiled.

"And what did you expect little owl?" He asked.

"It feels so normal, like I belong in your arms. I always thought it would be awkward and weird."

"I'm glad you are comfortable around me." He smiled.

"When you first came back I wasn't though, I was scared of falling for you, I was scared of everything about you. Then I figured out you are still just as soft as you were when we were ten."

"I am not soft little owl." He laughed.

"You are a giant softie Denis." I laughed.

"You are the only one that brings out that side in me. You slow me down, keep me grounded, that's what I love most about you, you keep me balanced."

I got onto my tiptoes and placed my hands on the sides of his face, pulling him into a kiss, which he didn't hesitate to respond to.

I pulled away when he glided his tongue across my bottom lip.

"What was that?" I asked, startled.

"That was me wanting to make out with you." He said nonchalantly.

"Denis what did I say about PDA."

"There's nobody here, besides, you kissed me." He smirked.

"There's those two teenage boys here!" I glanced over across the tiny pond.

"I know, and they were checking you out, which made me want to show them that you are mine." He chuckled.

"Is Denis Stoff jealous?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I...uh....yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. "I guess I am."

"You don't need to be. I only have eyes for you." I laced my fingers with his.

"Now come on, we came to walk, let's walk." I pulled him by his hand.

"I still don't like the way they are looking at you." He pouted.

"It will be okay." I laughed as we finished our walk, walking past the boys.

They both gulped at being this close to Denis. He looked very intimidating, standing at just over six feet, covered in tattoos, a glare on his face as he stared the boys down.

I had to suppress my laughter, they looked like they were going to shit themselves if he had said anything to them.

He smiled, clearly pleased at their reaction as we got into the car.

"They were terrified of you." I laughed.

"Good." He smirked as we pulled away, heading towards home.

We parked in front of my house.

"My room or yours tonight?" I asked.

"Yours, your bed is smaller."

"Why is that a factor?" I asked.

"The smaller the bed is the closer you get to me." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you tonight." I said, getting out of the car.

"Where's my kiss?" He asked.

I laughed. This boy was demanding.

I quickly pecked his lips, running into my house to be met by my mother, holding an envelope looking nervous.

"Is everything alright mom?" I asked.

"Your scholarship letter arrived in the mail.  I saved it for you to open."

-----
A/N: Hope you liked the chapter! What will happen with Viv's letter? Let me know your thoughts about this chapter. D&V are cute together aren't they?