4. Catching up

Vivian-
I couldn't focus.

For the first time since I started high school I couldn't focus on my homework.

My thoughts kept drifting to lunch today, and the time I spent Denis, probably because he was blasting some music in his room that I could hear quite clearly at the volume he was playing it.

I sighed, getting frustrated, slamming my pen down and going to take a shower in an attempt to clear my head.

Needless to say, it didn't work, but I was a bit more relaxed afterwards.

I wrapped a towel around myself and opened my bathroom door, to see Denis sitting on my bed.

I immediately screamed.

"What the hell are you doing in here?"

"You said that if I needed homework help that I could come through your window." He smirked.

"I was joking Denis!"

"Well too bad that I was serious. And now I'm here, and I'm enjoying this view." He smirked.

I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks as I grabbed some clothes from a drawer and scurried back into the bathroom.

I quickly threw them on, and tied my hair up into a bun, walking back out into my room, sitting down at my desk.

"So, what did you need help with?" He asked.

"Oh I don't do homework. I was just bored."

"So you decided to sneak into my room?"

"Precisely."

"You are infuriating sometimes." I rolled my eyes.

"I try." He smirked.

I began to work on my homework as he watched me quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"It's just....you're different now."

"Well what did you expect? A ten year old girl."

"No, I just thought that you would have been happier to see me after all of these years."

"Well a lot has happened since you left, and you were the one who cut off contact with me." I muttered, not looking up.

"So fill me in. What did happen while I was gone?"

"Do I have to?" I asked, not paying much attention to him.

"Yes."

"Well where do you want me to start?" I raised my eyebrow.

My phone began to ring and Denis looked down at the caller ID.

Dad.

"Here." He handed me the phone, I immediately rejected the call once it was in my hand.

"Why did you reject that?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Because I don't want to talk to him."

"Why is that?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"You don't give a lot of answers."

"Fine. I'll answer your questions if you answer mine." I sighed.

"So what happened between you and your dad?" He asked.

"He left me and my mother for a man, moved to America, dropped all connections until a few weeks back. I want nothing to do with him."

"I'm so sorry-" I cut him off.

"I don't need your pity Den. How old were you when you got your first tattoo?" I asked.