21. Date night

Vivian-

I put on my old dress and curled my hair, putting on a bit of makeup, a skip in my step.

Today has been great and it was about to get better because I was about to spend time with one of my favorite people in the world.

I looked in the mirror, smiling.

I looked so much like I had that night at the dance it was scary.

But this time I was going to go spend time with Denis, and I was extremely excited.

I braided a few pieces or hair back so it wouldn't be in my face the entire night and smiled, slipping my heels on.

The doorbell rang and I squealed in delight, slapping my hand over my mouth.

Did I really just do that.

I heard my mother open the door and invite Denis in, yelling up the stairs at me.

"Vivian! Denis is here."

I quickly checked my appearance and walked out the door and down the steps.

Denis's jaw was practically on the floor.

"Holy.....you look....wow." He stuttered when I reached the bottom of the steps.

"You look handsome." I smiled at his attire. He had on a suit and tie, along with dress shoes.

"These are for you." He smiled, handing me eight red roses. "For every year we were apart." He whispered.

"They are beautiful." I smiled, putting them into a vase.

"Are you going to leave my living room at some point?" My mother raised her eyebrow.

Whoops. I forgot she was there.

"Yeah...uh let's go." Denis took me hand, blushing.

"Have her back by two. Bonus points for one-thirty." My mother yelled after us.

Denis chuckled.

"Your mom amuses me little owl."

"Well she's kinda overbearing sometimes." I laughed, noticing Denis's car was parked in my driveway.

"Did you seriously drive two feet over to pick me up?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Of course. This is a date I had to do everything perfectly."

"You're adorable." I kissed his cheek as he opened the car door for me.

"My lady." He gestured into the car as if it was a carriage.

I laughed as I got in.

"Thank you kind gentleman."

He laughed, jogging around to the drivers side.

"So where are we off to?" I asked.

"We have dinner reservations in northern York." He smiled, taking my hand.

"You never cease to amaze me with all of your plans."

"That's because I'm super fun." He joked.

He pulled up to the restaurant, parking the car.

"Wait here." He instructed me, getting out of the car and opening my door for me.

"Did you really tell me to wait so you could get the door?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes I did little owl." He chuckled, taking my hand. "Come on." He instructed, pulling me towards the restaurant.

"Reservation for two, under Stoff." He told the hostess.