20. Back to school

Vivian-

I skipped school for two days more.

Denis was always with me, asking me what I needed as I did research on smaller schools near York with low tuition fees so I could go continue my education.

I was so thankful for him.

It was Friday now and I figured it was time that I face the music and go to school, actually it wasn't my decision to go, my mother just wouldn't let me go on my date with Denis tonight if I didn't show up to school.

So I got up, throwing on a Denis's jacket and a tank top with some jeans, quickly brushing my hair and grabbing my school bag.

I walked outside to see Denis waiting at my car.

"Good morning beautiful." He smiled.

I blushed.

No matter how sad I was he was always able to make me smile.

"Morning." I walked over to him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

He pulled away, gently kissing my forehead afterwards.

"You know, I've been looking forward to today for a while." He smiled down at me. "School just isn't the same without you there."

"Now you know how I feel when you skip." I rolled my eyes at him.

He chuckled.

"Let's go."

I got into the car, holding his hand as he drove.

The fact that he had sat with me through this week while I was such an emotional wreck meant the world to me.

He was truly the best friend and boyfriend.

We pulled up to the school and I took a deep breath, getting out of the car.

"It's going to be alright." He rubbed my back reassuringly.

I looked up to see Maddie in her usual spot, but instead of two coffees she had four.

I exited the car, raising my eyebrow at her.

"Why do you have four today?" I asked.

"Because every day you weren't here I missed you and I had to show you in some way." She hugged me tightly.

"Maddie I love you." I hugged her back.

"Let's go. The lads are eager to see you. I made them wait in the courtyard so they wouldn't tackle you the moment you got out of the car.

I laughed, following her, Denis hooked to my side.

We entered the courtyard and I was immediately bombarded with hugs from all of the lads.

"I missed you."

"Never leave again."

"Denis wouldn't shut up about you."

I raised my eyebrow on the last one, causing Denis to blush, scratching the back of his neck.

"I missed you guys too." I hugged them all, taking a step back.

They all seemed to be studying me as if I was going to fall down into a pool of tears.

"Guys I'm alright, really. I found a small university near York with low tuition that my mom can cover."

Although I couldn't become a doctor at that school, it was a good place, a place that my mother and I could afford.

The bell rang and we all separated for class, Denis quickly kissing me goodbye.

The day seemed to crawl by so slowly since Denis and I had our date tonight.

I was very excited, and I could barely sit still.

By the time the final bell rang I was so excited that I shot out of my seat quickly and practically ran to the car where Denis waited.

"How do you always beat me?" I laughed, lightly kissing him.

"It's my little secret." He winked, opening the car door for me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

He got into the drivers side and began to take us home.

"So are you excited for tonight?" He smiled.

"I'm more than excited." I smiled at him giddily.

"I'm glad. I'll be by your house at six."

"I'll be waiting patiently at my window." I batted my eyelashes at him.

"I'm not picking you up at the window." He winked.

"And why is that?"

"Because it doesn't count as a proper date unless I pick you up and drop you off at your front door."

He was the cutest.

"You're adorable." I laughed.

"I know." He winked at me confidently.

"I'll see you in two hours." I kissed his cheek.

"I'll be counting the seconds." He smiled.

"You are so sappy and soft." I teased him.

He put his middle finger up at me, and in response I feigned offense, laughing.

"Bye Denis." I pushed away from him, walking into my front door.

"I'm home mom-" I stopped talking when I saw my dad sitting on the couch.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, stunned at his presence.

"Viv, sit down." My mother instructed me.

I sat down on the ottoman, nervously.

"Viv, we have been in contact for the past year, and when you got your letter I called your dad. He wants to pay for your schooling in America."

"Seriously?" I stared at him surprised.

"I know we have had a rocky past. And I want to do this in hopes of rebuilding my relationship with you."

"I've been so horrible to you though."

"I deserved your anger Viv. You were still young when I left. I want to fix my relationship with you."

"You don't know how much this means to me." I hugged him.

"I love you Vivi."

"I love you too dad."

"Your mom told me you have a date with Denis tonight."

I nodded, smiling.

"He's a good kid Viv."

"I know dad. I know." I smiled.

"Now go get ready." He shooed me up the stairs.

"Thank you." I smiled, running up the stairs, getting ready for a night with Denis.

-----
A/N: So this chapter was kinda boring.....but next chapter will be their date! As always I love yall, and your crazy messages and comments <3 -Anon