23. Dress shopping

Vivian-

The last two weeks were quite boring.

Maddie and I were on our old normal schedule of studying after school every day.

Maddie and I had different plans today though, we were going prom dress shopping.

It was the one thing that I was excited to do while Denis was gone.

Denis was shit at keeping in contact.

Those Skype calls he promised me, never happened. He barely ever checked his phone either. I missed him a lot, and it was hard not to be angry at him because of his busy schedule.

Maddie came and picked me up around noon to go to the dress store.

We were both very excited.

Maddie and I had been talking about senior prom since sixth grade as cliche as that was.

"Morning Viv." She yawned.

"It's the afternoon Mads." I laughed.

"I'm tired. I was up late last night talking to James." She explained.

So James had time to stay in contact but Denis never did.

It felt like I was eleven all over again.

"Hey. I know Denis has been distant, but James says he's been snappy and distant because he misses you." She reassured me.

That made me feel a little bit better.

"I hope so. If I didn't know better it feels like he's doing what he did when he was eleven, cutting off contact so he doesn't feel bad about being gone." I sighed.

"Hey! Turn that frown upside down! This is supposed to be a happy prom dress shopping day. So smile!" Maddie instructed me.

I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"There we go!" She smiled, parking the car.

"Now come on!" She grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the shop.

We entered and I crinkled my nose at the scent of many expensive fabrics.

"Welcome ladies! Can I help you?" A sales consultant asked.

"We are just looking for prom." Maddie smiled, telling the woman we didn't need her help.

We began looking through the racks, pulling out dresses that we thought would suit us.

She went into the dressing room first while I sat and looked around.

A long white dress caught my eye, it was strapless and long with beading around the waist and a slit up the leg.

It was beautiful, but I couldn't pull that off. There was no way.

I turned around to see Maddie in a black dress.

She looked gorgeous.

"I love this." She smiled.

"You look stunning." I agreed. I loved it on her as well.

Typical Maddie, she was always able to find something that looked amazing on her on the first try.

"Okay I'm gonna change back into my clothes, it's your turn." She smiled excitedly.

I went into the dressing room and I began trying the dresses I picked out.

Too much glitter.

Too small.

Too big.

My boobs were hanging out.

Too short.