CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Chanyeol or Baekhyun? I wonder who to kill first?

I clenched my fist, and gulped this lump on my throat as I felt the fright spread through my whole body, even up to my fingertips.

I froze for the meantime, finding myself staring at the written words in my white walls. All of a sudden, I heard the water streaming down from the comfort room. Immediately, I run out of the room, and went inside the bathroom. I kicked the door, barging inside the bathroom.

My lips tremble once I saw the water streaming down, out of the bathtub because it's already full of water, and what makes me tremble my knees is when I saw Baekhyun on the bathtub, unconcious-as if comfortably sleeping on the tub.

Looking at the horrible scene, I heard a familiar voice whispering in my ear fatally. "This is a warning, beautiful. Prepare for the worst."

I shrugged it away as I approached the tub, and quickly pulled and carried Baekhyun out of it. He looks really pale; Baekhyun is wearing a white thin shirt and only in his black boxers.

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun?" I called his name as I lightly slapped his both cheeks to wake him up, but no matter how many times I slapped him, he still won't wake up. I begun to push down the center of his chest, almost 20 times but he's still not coughing nor moving. I paused for a second, then proceeded again. I stopped until I saw his chest rise, then after a split second, water came out of Baekhyun's mouth.

"Baekhyun?" I called his name once again, and I saw his eyes flutter open. I swiftly hugged him, and he did the same. "Thank god, you're awake!" I told him, and he whispered, "G-Go to Chanyeol.." I pulled him away slowly, and looked at his weak facial expression. "Go.. I-I'll be right behind you.." He whispered again.

As fright took all over my adrenaline, I run out of the bathroom and went to go Chanyeol's room. Since the door  wasn't locked, I just barged in and saw Chanyeol lying unconciously on the floor.

At that very moment, I felt my tears trickle. I approached my unconcious brother, and hugged him first before I wake him up. I can't stop myself from crying. I have no idea how to wake him up.

Just like how I did to Baekhyun, I lightly slapped Chanyeol on both cheeks, but I failed to wake him up. "Oh god.. Oh god.." I murmur as I hold Chanyeol in my arms. Seconds later, I felt a presence entering the room. I slightly turned my face to see him in my peripheral vision. Baekhyun sat beside me, soaking wet and feeling so weak. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "He's not waking up.." I told him as my voice cracked.

"He'll wake up." Baekhyun comforted me with a frown on his face as he placed his cold palm on my back. I only nodded my head to Baekhyun before shifting my gaze back to Chanyeol. I scanned his whole presence. There were no signs of damage, bruises or other physical pain; he looks like a man deep in his slumber, but sorry, I have to wake him up. You can't be in a deep slumber forever, Chanyeol. You have to wake up!

I tried shaking him up continously, then slapping his cheeks again. I tried a few trials, but I failed multiple times.

It doesn't stop me though. I repeated until he finally woke up, roaming his eyes on the surroundings, and catching his breath. Chanyeol immediately hugged me as soon as his breathing become stable. "You were dead, Chanyeol.. For God's sake, you were dead.." I told him, rubbing his back in a circular motion.

-------------------------

We all gathered in the kitchen after; I asked them about what they remember before those incident happened.

"I can't remember everything, but.." He paused, glancing at us. "what I remember is that.. I opened the faucet on the tub.. and I was about to strip my clothes before getting in the tub, but then.. suddenly, someone dragged me violently in the tub for some weird reason.. and it feels like drowning on large pool. He was holding on to my feet, and he only smirked.." Baekhyun furrowed his brows. "He looks terrifying. He doesn't look like a human at all."

"Yeah, the same thing happen to me." Chanyeol piped up this time. "I swear I was asleep. I had this strong nightmare, and I saw this beast approaching me." He tilted his head for a second, trying to remember it. "Then, I don't know.. I just found myself getting straggled in the neck by him, and it's really horrible. I felt dead for a couple of minutes."

I bit my lip once they both finished sharing their experience, and at that very moment, I swear Tao was the person-or should I say, the demon behind their incident.

----------------------

That night, the three of us decided to sleep in Baekhyun's room, thinking that it was the safest room out of the bedrooms at home.

I decided to stay up late, waiting for that demon. I sneaked out of Baekhyun's room, went to my room, where he usually appears. I brought a pocket knife with me in case he'll do anything to me.

I walked towards my room, and quietly turning the knob, pushing it open, then entered the my room. I tooks some steps forward when I already someone sitting on my bed with his both legs crossed. "I know you wanted to see me." Tao, that no good demon, said as he stood up. "It's been a while, Aira." He greeted. It was dark inside my room, and only the moonlight lights up the room. "How do you like my surprises?" He asked, approaching me.

I clenched the pocketknife behind my back, trying not to stab him real quick. I still need to talk to him. "W-Who are you really? What do you.. really want from me? 'Cause until, it confuses me. I want to know the whole truth.." I asked. "WHY WOULD YOU KILL MY BROTHER AND MY COUSIN?!"

Tao looked away, and sighed in annoyance. "You never understand it, do you? All my life, all I ever did was to become a good and a kind creature in front of everybody.. And guess what? They all just took advantage of me!" He said, taking steps to come near me even more. I quickly release all the blades on my pocketknife, and still hid it behind my back. "You wanna know the whole story?" He laughed shortly, then shot me his cold sharp glare. "Fine, I'll tell you everything." Tao said fiercely. "I'll tell you where it all starts: The day you got hit by a car. You thought I save you, didn't you? But you were wrong." He said, still looking at me. "It was Sehun." Somehow, my jaw dropped when I heard him mentioned Sehun's name. Is he really out of his mind? What does Sehun know about this? "He saved you from that accident; you were supposed to be dead," He hissed. "but that dude is an idiot, he gave half of his life to you so you could live. And as payment, you have to stay with him."

I only furrowed my brows at him, trying to know or remember what he's saying is.

THEN IT HIT ME. Suddenly, I remembered that random dream I dreamt last night. That dream where I found Baekhyun and Chanyeol unconcious. And even Tao and Sehun was there.. They both almost the same in my dream-a horrifying and frightening, raging creatures.

"Soon, you found the both of you in love with each other.. but too bad, he became unstable. He almost killed you." Tao continued. "Does it ring the bell? You somehow remembers it?"

"What are you trying to say? JUST GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HURT THE ONES I LOVE, TAO?! WHY?!" I yelled at him as I clenched the pocketknife more. I was about to stab him in the stomach, but his reflexes are way too fast. He managed to get the pocketknife from me, and stabbed my palm, shoving the knife deeper into my skin against the wall. "ARGHHHHHH! FUCK!" I yelled again, and groaned in pain. I keep my eyes close due to pain I'm feeling.

"Because I'm afraid this might happen again." He shook his head. "And it happened," He lean in, and whispered against my cheek. "You fall for him the second time around." Tao added, but still I keep my eyes shut. "If you just stay away from Sehun, I'll spare your love ones, but if not, I'm going to kill them all. I swear, Aira. I SWEAR."

"And for the record, Sehun was the demon whom you fell for a long time ago."