CHAPTER NINETEEN

Sehun and I got inside the car after we had our conversation, and throughout the ride, he told me everything he knew-about his parents's death, Jongin's past life and lastly "the war between their race and Tao's race". He said, he'll be skipping all his appointments for now, and he'll take me to Jongin.

Thinking about it deeply, I'm still confused. From everything Sehun told me, none of it answered my question about why do Tao wants my family dead or even wants me dead now. Why do all of this happened to me, anyway? Plus, there's so many unexpected revelation for a day; my mind can't seem to absorb all of it. I sighed, as Sehun told me about this dream he had before-a dream when he got that accident; a dream where He saw Tao for the first time. In his dream, Tao told him that if Sehun won't avoid me, Tao will kill him and even Jongin and Kyungsoo. But, since I didn't come with him and refused his offer of coming with him, Tao is also hurting my loved ones.

I bit my lip as I tried to connect everything little by little. Somehow, it makes sense now. The war-where Sehun uncontrollably killed Tao's family, then Jongin was friends with him, and basically lost each other... Slowly, it makes sense. Just a few information, and I'll understand everything, hopefully.

Sehun parked the car in front of a good-designed house. He got off the car, and opened the door for me. Sehun lead the way towards the entrance door; he rang the doorbell after. Before Kyungsoo opened the door, he faced me and said, "I know everything is so confusing, weird and unbelievable, but we'll make this as crystal clear as possible for you." He beamed a little. "I'll make everything clear to you as soon as possible, okay? We'll work things out, and stop Tao from all of this. I promise you that." Sehun added, and I just nodded my head at him before we entered the house.

The moment we entered the house, we went to the master's bedroom where Jongin is resting. Unfortunately, Jongin permanently fractured his hip and back because of a fight with Sehun not a long time ago, and until now, I could still feel the guilt in Sehun's eyes.

"Hey guys, what brings the cute couple here?" Jongin asked playfully and happily as soon as he saw us entered their room. We saw Jongin sitting in his bed comfortably; I have to say, Jongin got a little thinner than before. I feel bad for him.

"Are you getting any better?" I replied with a question for him as I sat near him in the bed.

"I'm better. I'm okay." He said with melancholic tone in his hoarse voice. "It's.. It is hard, really hard, but I can manage."

"I'm just really sorry, Jongin." Sehun piped up behind, and Jongin with teary eyes only smiled at him as if telling him that nothing was your fault.

"None of it was your fault, kid. I made mistakes that made you mad, so you hurt me. Easy as that." Jongin smiled again-a smile that will directly crashed your heart into tiny pieces. "Anyway, what really brings y'all here?" He repeated.

With that, Sehun and I switched glances then looked at Jongin again.

"About Tao.." I started, and I could see him furrowing his eyebrows, forming lines in his forehead. "I know the truth, Jongin. You were once a demon, and that Sehun's a demon.. And also, you asked Tao to help you to become a human. I know that now. Sehun told me everything he knew." I told him, and he sighed defeated. "I just want you to help me because in no time, he can kill us. He can kill all of us, and I don't want my family dead; I don't want you guys dead. Please, Jongin. You have to tell us how to stop Tao.." I pleaded.

He looked at me again, and spoke, "Tao was once my good friend. He was never the villain, I believe that. He always wanted acceptance because never in his life, he felt it, and so I did. I accepted him wholeheartedly, but the moment he saw Sehun, he was gone lost. He wants vengeance for his family, but not only that.. There could be something else that involves you, Aira. Maybe, that's why he's hunting you. I do always believe that he's always the goody two shoes. I'm sure he's doing all of this for a goddamn reason, and whatever that reason, it might be huge." He paused. "You just have to understand his side of the story, and maybe you'll work this things out."