CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"So beautiful, yet so foolish. Now, we're both gonna kill your beloved, Oh Sehun."

My jaw dropped when I heard what Tao just said. I gulped this lump on my throat as I look for words to say to him. This can't be real.

I decided to look away from the mirror, and turned to my bed. Once I turned around, I was surprised when Tao appeared right in front of me with that devious smirk in his horrifying face.

"And you think you can avoid me just like that?" He said, then I turned to the mirror again. Finally, I saw my reflection and not Tao's. I faced him again, dumbfoundingly.

My eyes followed him as he sat on a chair near the study table. His legs were crossed as his chin on his palm. "I can't believe you fell for my little trick." He said, glancing at me. "You petty little humans."

"You tricked me?" I ask him when I finally found my words.

"Well, technically yes, I did." He paused. "Do you really think I'm that dumb that you'll kill Sehun after ten days, huh? Do you?" He hissed before speaking again. "I know at the end of the day, you'll still choose that asshole over me. I know you'll kill me with that dagger. . . That's why I made another plan."

My gaze locked on him, watching his every move and listening to his every word.

"The smoke released from the dagger has made it through your body once it had wounded you. So now, you have the dagger's power and since I'm the demon who owns that dagger, I get the chance to control it and the body it possesses. . ." Then, he glared like sharp knives. "which is your body. Now, we'll both have fun killing Sehun!" He chuckled evily. "What do you think? Smart plan, huh?" He stood up from the chair and approached me. As he took his steps toward me, I took my steps backward slowly. "If you're planning to tell Sehun about this, you better be careful. You don't want him to kill you, right? Just keep your mouth shut." He finished his sentence as I finally reached the corner. His hand found my neck, and I'm scared that he might hurt me, so I closed my eyes shut and felt his warm breath against my cheek. "I'll see you again." He whispered. I hardly coughed due to all the smoke surrounding me. I opened my eyes and saw Tao has disappeared.

I breathed heavily the moment I felt relieve that Tao's gone. But I know he's within me.

Suddenly, I heard the door creaked open. My attention shifted to the door, and saw Sehun entered.

The moment I saw Sehun, I felt my heart palpitate like crazy. . . Oh, how I wish it's love, but I'm very nervous and scared. . . What if he'll know that I'm involve with Tao's plans? How will he react? What will he do to me, to us?

"Hey, you feel okay?" Sehun piped up, snapping me back to reality. "What are you doing in the corner? You should be in bed."

"Ah, yeah." I said, sounding like a noobhead and immediately jumped to bed. Once I got on the bed, I pulled the blanket all over my body and avoided Sehun's eyes.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He said as he sat on the foot of the bed.

"Yes!" I yelled, and he just furrowed his brows. When I notice his delicate reaction, I spoke again. "I mean, thank you. . . thank you for saving me again. And I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry I'm dumb." I told him, and I'm still looking away from him. "I'm sorry, I only cause you nothing but trouble." And I'm still going to cause you more trouble. . . Forgive me, Sehun. I love you.

"Well, what can I do? You're likely prone to accidents and troubles." He said with that soothing voice and a tinge of sarcasm. "Ah, you know. . . I might have said this a thousand times, but still, I feel bad. . . I feel like I'm not protecting you and your family enough. I just want to say sorry, okay?" He said as he reached for my hands and held it tightly as if I'll let go. "But believe me, I'm planning. Jongin and I are planning on how to get rid of Tao. . . I'm just afraid, I'll turn into a demon much worse than him. . . and I might end up hurting you too." Sehun added, looking and caressing my hands.