CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Aira's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes, revealing a white blur. I blinked my eyes twice before opening it again to see a clearer white ceiling. I tried pressing my lips together under the oxygen mask before I sat up, but a pair of hands stopped me.

"Hey, you should stay down for a while. You need to rest." I turned to my right to see Baekhyun, smiling as he put his soft hands on my arm and shoulder. After a split second, he hugged me tightly. It was tight but tender. I could hear his quiet sobs as he buried his face on my neck. "Wait here, okay? I'll call a doctor and, . . and Chanyeol too! He's waiting outside!" He smiled as he run away.

I tried to remove the oxygen mask on my face when my attention was caught by the news. The date at the end corner of the news were written as: August 16, 2014 / 6:03 A.M.

2014? I thought as my eyes narrowed on the television hanging in the corner of the room. When I looked to my left, I saw Baekhyun leading the way as the doctor and Chanyeol trailed off behind him. Chanyeol kept his head low as the doctor examined me. A smile crept up to the doctor's face as he finished examining me and checking the papers he was holding. "Her condition turns out better than I expected. She regained her condition all of a sudden which is a miracle, but it's a good thing, right? Most people who suffered comas, only opened their eyes and still couldn't move when they woke up, but I guess it was different for your sister. She's indeed lucky that she regained her consciousness after only three months of coma." Coma? I'm in a coma for three freaking months!! What's going on?! "Well, for now, we have to keep an eye on her. In no time, if she stayed healthy, she might get discharge within two weeks."

"Oh god!" Baekhyun shrieked in happiness as he covered his mouth. "Thank you for everything, doc! Thank you so much!" He said happily as he reached for the doctor's hands to hold it tight. After a few seconds, he let go of the doctor's hands, and he pat my brothers's back happily before leaving  the private ward.

Baekhyun immediately sat next to me on the bed, and held my hand. "Didn't you hear that, Aira? You're a miracle! You're finally alive again!" He said, squeezing my hand. "We were worried sick that you might die, but we were given a chance to be with you again! Oh god! Thank youuu!"

My eyes shifted to Chanyeol who was standing in front of the bed's edge. He was crying. His eyes were already red and swollen. "I've been waiting every morning to see you wake up in this room, Aira. We really missed you. Mom and Dad were so scared too." He wiped away his tears using his sleeve like a little boy. "I'm really scared when I saw you covered in blood. I didn't know what to do." He sniffed, "It was that Luhan's fault! What did he even say to you to made run away from his house like that?"

I furrowed my brows at him, forming lines in my forehead. Luhan? Luhan. . . But that was years ago. . . My eyes widened when a realization hit me. Wait, it's 2014. The accident happened somewhere in April 2014, right? What's going on? What happened to me? . . . Where the hell is Sehun?! I yelled at myself in my own thoughts. I didn't care about Luhan or Yoo-ah. . . I need to know where's Sehun. I need to find him. I need to know if he's okay.

I closed my eyes shut, trying to remember the last thing that happened, but as seconds passed by, I couldn't remember a single thing. I couldn't remember a memory of being with Sehun, Kyungsoo or Jongin. Only glimpses of dreams were flashing in my own thoughts.

They were no longer memories, they were dreams. Dreams that happened within my three-month unconsciousness.

Why did they turn into dreams? Did Tao do this? . . Or, did Sehun do this?

"Luhan visited here a month ago, but you were still unconscious. He wanted to say sorry, so he gave us a voice recorder. He said he has to go back to China." Baekhyun said, snapping me back to reality as he reached for a voice recorder from his bag and handed it to me. I looked at the recorder, and proceeded listening to Baekhyun. "You should go listen to it when you're okay. I know you're still in pain, but it's better to let go of Luhan, Aira."

I already know what's in the voice recorder. And I have finally let go of Luhan! I need Sehun, now. He's my everything now. Sehun's what I needed right now. I thought, forcing myself not to cry. I placed the recorder in the nightstand next to the bed with the note at the back of it, placing upward: I badly want you to listen to this, Aira. Please.

But then, a thought from my dream reminded me of Sehun. I went to that rooftop when I listened to that recorder, then I saw Sehun there.

I remembered. . .

I remembered him. . .

Sehun was a doctor in this hospital. He's  here. I'm sure he's alive.

I immediately grabbed the recorder again, hoping that when I go upstairs in the rooftop, Sehun would show up and talked to me, and we will meet again.

I tried removing the oxygen mask from my mouth. But Chanyeol stopped me. So, I just decided to peel the note from the back of the recorder and gestured Baekhyun that I needed a pen, so he handed me one from his bag. I wrote something at the back of Luhan's note, and their eyes were locked on to what I was writing. When I finished, Baekhyun took it and Chanyeol immediately run towards Baekhyun's side to read the note too.

"I have to talk to Sehun right now." Baekhyun read it like he had no idea what he just read. Then Chanyeol looked at me strangely. "Who's Sehun?" Chanyeol asked, and Baekhyun looked up from the note to me, anticipating to my answer.

Oh Sehun. He's a doctor here. He's a demon that I fell in love with. You hated him, Baekhyun, and you were scared of him, Chanyeol.

You have to remember him. You have to remember Kyungsoo and Jongin too. You have too. . . .

I don't want my old life back. I need Sehun. I need him to be with me.