CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Aira's P.O.V.

Past midnight and I still locked myself inside my room as terror continues to take over my life. I stayed in the corner of my room with my eyes tightly shut and my palms covering my ears as I kept hearing disturbing and deafening noises inside my thoughts.

I don't understand anything about what the noises inside me are saying, but it's terrifying and it has been haunting me for days.

I just wanted to run, got to Sehun and tell him all the pain I've been suffering everyday with Tao manipulating my body. . . .

But I don't have the right to do that.

Slowly, all the noises started vanishing like a long haunting song that has finished its last second.

Silence filled my thoughts, and even the silence itself is deafening.

I don't know what's happening anymore.

I slowly flutter my eyes open to see nothing but pitch black. My breathing turned unstable, and my heart was throbbing in fright as if it badly wants to escape my chest.

I could feel my lips tremble, and gently I put down my hands which has been glued long enough from my ears.

Still, I can't see and hear anything.

Then suddenly, my body took control of me as it made me stand up and walked towards a direction of nowhere.

I could feel how heavy each step I am taking. I could feel my tears slowly rollg down my cheeks with every step I take.

I have no idea what was going on around me, and what was happening with me. I should give up, there's no point anyways.

I couldn't remember what happened after. The next thing I know was my feet landed on thick water.

It was a suffocating moment. Moments later, my vision regained. I blinked for a second to get a clearer picture, and noticed that I was in Jongin's and Kyungsoo's room. I looked at my hands to see it was filled with blood as I was clenching on a sharp knife. I quickly threw it away, upon realizing what I just did.

I killed Jongin. . .

My breathing became more unstable than before, and I felt like dying any moment.

It was dark. I looked down to see a swamp of blood under my feet and Jongin lying down, lifeless and drowning in his own blood.

I gasped silently as soon as I saw Jongin. I kneeled down next to him, shaking him up. "Jongin? Jongin. . . . Don't die on me please. . ." I said, whispering im his ears as I pull him closer to my chest. "I didn't do this. There's no way I did this. . ." I repeatedly told myself as I kept on holding on to Jongin's lifeless body.

I stayed like that for a few more minutes, contemplating about my actions when suddenly a series of loud knocks on the door startled me.

"Jongin! Jongin! Are you okay?! What's happening inside?! Open the door, honey. Let me in!!" I heard Kyungsoo's pleading cries outside as he proceeded knocking with all of his might.

I looked around me to see how horrifying this place is. I shook my head in fright as I slowly put down Jongin. "I have to get out of here." I told myself, like a criminal who escape his prison.

I lifted this wooden table from the opposite side of the window and smashed it to the window since it was locked and I couldn't open it. Once the glass shuttered, my way out can already be seen.

I stood in front of the broken window like a child who never wanted to grow up—clueless and scared. I looked outside the window and saw the dark trees dancing along with harsh breeze of wind, and the darkness almost eating up the brightness. It was completely dark and terrifying.

I looked down again to see Jongin, and I forced my tears not to roll down as I stared at him. I quickly approached him again and gave him a peck on his forehead before I go, and jumped out of the window, making myself completely gone from their sight.

I run through the dark night. The harsh wind slapping my skin as the cold continue to make me tremble in coldness and fear.

I proceeded running without destination in mind.

Somewhere away from them will be just fine.  As long as they will now longer see me again.

Tears started escaping my eyes as I run, recalling Jongin's current situation in my head.

He's dead, and it's my fault. . . I'm sorry, Jongin. I'm really sorry.

Pain and guilt are starting to tear me apart, and I just want to die right now.

When suddenly, a voice startled me.

"Well, that was fun, don't you think?" He said, and I looked to my left to se Tao running next to him. We were so close to each other that I could see his face closer which gave shivers to my spine. Half of his face was revealing his flesh and bones and every night, it keeps haunting me. I was so scared; I always see him whenever I close my eyes. "I'm so happy you killed Jongin for me! You were quite brutal, I love it!" He said happily as he kept his pace with me.

"I. . .  I didn't kill Jongin." I told him firmly. "I'm not capable of killing anyone, Tao. I just can't. . . Even if I wanted to kill you for a long time now!"

I saw him rolled his eyes, "Oh please, Aira. You can never kill me. You can't even lay a finger on me. You're nothing but a pathetic human, and if you were so great, I would never have the ability to control you." He smirked evilly. He stopped his mark, and took a tight grip at the back of my hair, making me stumbled down from running, kneeling down in front of him. "Just face it, sweetie. This is your fate—to be someone else's puppet and to die at the end of this very journey." He pulled my hair tighter, and I groaned in pain. "Don't you ever expect for a happy ending because it will never happen! Wanna know why?!" Tao lean in closer. His cold breath against my cheeks. "Because I'm gonna kill all of you. One by one." He whispered, emphasizing the last three words as he gritted his teeth and locked his gaze on mine then smirked as he violently let go of my hair and push it harshly.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

An short update after a long time. I was a little bit confuse to whether proceed as Sehun's P.O.V or start with Aira's, but since, I want to know her side, I came up with this one. I hope you'll enjoy this and I'll be updating SERENITY tomorrow (maybe?). Hahaha xoxo