CHAPTER TWENTY

Throughout the ride, the box was placed on my lap with my hands on top of the box. I looked at Sehun as he drives; I gulped this invisible lump on my throat as I called his name.

"Sehun.."

"Hm?" He said, keeping his eyes on the road. I took a quick glance on the box before glancing back at Sehun.

"I don't feel good about this box. Do you really think it can help us catch Tao?" I asked.

"I-I don't know, but there's no hard in trying, right?" Sehun stutterred, and sighed after finishing his sentence. "I'm sorry if I can't catch Tao as quickly as possible." He swiftly glanced at me, then back to the road as he spoke. "Transforming into a demon can really make me unstable, and if-"

"Sehun," I touched his broad shoulder, making him stop. He looked at my hand in his shoulder, then to me. "don't you blame yourself, okay? Even if it may sound impossible that we'll catch him, we will catch him, and he has to pay for everything he had done to you."

And with that, Sehun smiled timidly, as he released one hand from the steering wheel, and gently grabbed my hand on his shoulder. He kissed my hand wrapped with a bandage where Tao stabbed it with a pocketknife before, and take a good look at it, then held my hand as he placed it in his lap as he proceeded driving. I smiled happily, staring at our intertwined hands. I've always felt safe around you, Sehun. I do.

"Most especially to you.." He said, "I can't let him live peacefully after everything he fucking did to you. He has to pay." Sehun continued with every word filled with anger yet calmed tone. I squeezed his hand to help him ease his temper, and kissed him in the cheek as well.

"It's just, things are getting mess up more and more.. and I'm getting scared.." I breathed in. "He can kill whoever he desire. He can kill me, you, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongin or Kyungsoo.... We don't know, but we have to be aware in his actions."

"Yes, yes. I know." Sehun stated. "That's why we have to make our move ahead of him. We'll catch him. I swear." He added, cracking his voice.

I didn't respond to Sehun because I noticed he suddenly become uneasy. I'm sure he's pressured; I can see it in him. Our lives are in his precious hand.

And he has no idea how to protect us without summoning his demon state. I care for Sehun, and even, I am terrified of whatever will happen to him and Tao.

Slowly, I began to close my eyes due to the exhaustion begging me to sleep.

------------------------------------

Fluttering my eyes slowly, I saw a bright light directly far above my eyes. I rubbed my eyes with my hands immediately, and sat up on the soft cushion- oh wait, I'm on a bed. How the hell did I end up here? I scanned the whole room, and for some reason, it feels like home.

It has a vintage yet modern design that is indeed beautiful.

I was too amazed by my surroundings that I didn't notice someone entered the room.

"Hey, looks like the princess is awake." He spoke, so I shifted my gaze on him, and smiled once I saw it's Kyungsoo. "Did you have a good sleep?"

I responded, "Yes. I did." Kyungsoo sat on the foot of the bed and smiled. "Anyways, is this one of your guest rooms?" I asked.

"Nope, silly. It's Sehun's room." He said, and I was dumbfounded. Why does it feel like I've been here before? "Sehun carried you all the way here, and called us to go here too, so Jongin and I did."