Hello!

My name's Lu aka the weird fangirl :)

Anyway this is my second book here in Wattpad, the first one was 25 Excusas and it had more success than I expected so that's what fueled me to write Fake It.

And the other reason why I decided to write this was because I have been in the shoes of what would be known as the DUFF (The Designated Ugly Fat Friend) and all the struggles that came with this label. 

I'm sick of stories portraying the plus size girl as weak or as someone that needs help to be successful.

Let's admit this, even our own family can be cruel with certain comments regarding our weight or physical appearance and that's why I decided to put an end to it. Late this year I found out about two amaaaaazing projects: 

#FreeYourBody: is a campaign by Ellie (est. Oct 19 2015) to help promote the acceptance of body and skin types, conditions, disorders and illnesses that are not usually depicted in books.

and

#ProjectWomanUp: is a movement started by Alayna (est. October 25th 2015) supporting the empowerment of women. Women are powerful people in the real world and it's only fair that they should be portrayed the same way in literature.

I'll support them with this story and I hope you like it! If you want to find out more about them, you can visit their wattpad profiles: @FreeYourBody @ProjectWomanUp

Be aware that this story may have some clichés (sorry but I love some of them) but that doesn't mean that it'll be about the plus size girl needing someone to be happy and suddenly being confident about her body.

About the cast:

The people I've chosen to play the characters it's just because I like them, but if you imagine them differently don't worry, it's okay!

On a side note, I decided I'm not going to put a person to play Amanda's character because that way you don't have a preconception and can imagine her according to the body type you are more comfortable with. (I'm no one to regard someone as fat or to judge his/her appearance!)

Okay soooo, hope you like this, is going to be a hell of a ride, be prepared because the story of these characters will sure give you tons of feelings!

Also I read EVERY comment and I answer to every single one, so please be respectful! English is my second language so I apologize in advance for any kind of mistakes, I'm still learning.

Thank you in advance for giving the story a chance, if this can at least make you smile or not feel alone, then that's enough for me. Enjoy!

Lu :)